News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: Trident 4609 on June 04, 2013, 10:02:58 PM
Wish NX did the 70 so i could do Wolverhampton-Cannock with my NX pass ;)How well used were routes like the 351 and the 95*/A corridor used before?

The 351 in the end, was not well used.

It was Solo operated at the end, after earlier been on Metrobuses and Lynx's. Don't know about the old express routes, a bit before my time.

andy

Quote from: bob on June 04, 2013, 09:54:05 PM
Ive heard there's some X51s in tge tender as well

As much as i would like to see the X51 extended to cannock i just can't see it myself.

Wish NX did the 70 so i could do Wolverhampton-Cannock with my NX pass ;)How well used were routes like the 351 and the 95*/A corridor used before?

They were pretty sparsely used, but then bus usage in the area has dropped pretty significantly over the last few years in general compared to what it was. This is why Arriva have got away with running such low capacity vehicles recently, and the reason I doubt NX would have any serious interest in registering any commercial services. Commercially, it just isn't their type of territory, hence their original decision to ditch it.

Trident 4609

Quote from: John on June 04, 2013, 10:07:18 PM

The 351 in the end, was not well used.

It was Solo operated at the end, after earlier been on Metrobuses and Lynx's. Don't know about the old express routes, a bit before my time.

The 950/A/1/A were still around until mid 2000's weren't they? What was the difference between the 950/A/1/A as i've seen photos of all of the routes from 2003 so what was the difference as all seem to go between Brummie and Cannock

Bob

351 id imagine is used was used as well as the 2 is now its a similar ish foute bar the leamore bit and a slightly different route out of cannock.

Bob

Quote from: andy on June 04, 2013, 10:09:16 PM
Quote from: bob on June 04, 2013, 09:54:05 PM
Ive heard there's some X51s in tge tender as well

As much as i would like to see the X51 extended to cannock i just can't see it myself.

Usage has dropped on some routes as you say. Another reason why arriva might want to offload it. Other routes ( stafford/lichfield/wolves) are pretty busy though..

They were pretty sparsely used, but then bus usage in the area has dropped pretty significantly over the last few years in general compared to what it was. This is why Arriva have got away with running such low capacity vehicles recently, and the reason I doubt NX would have any serious interest in registering any commercial services. Commercially, it just isn't their type of territory, hence their original decision to ditch it.

Bob

Using their awful low capacity mpd darts on inter urban routes can be counter productive though. Terrible image for arriva and crap to travel any distance on

andy

Quote from: bob on June 04, 2013, 10:49:53 PM
Using their awful low capacity mpd darts on inter urban routes can be counter productive though. Terrible image for arriva and crap to travel any distance on

I agree, but I can also see how it's happened.

Bob

Maybe arriva are just managing the decline in cannock....

winston

Quote from: bob on June 04, 2013, 11:25:33 PM

I'd say that's closer to the mark, you may well find the running costs of MPD's is quite a bit lower than heavy duty full size single deckers as well

arrivaaston

Let's say cannock sell up,
68/70 would obviously be done from Wednesfield
76 Wednesfield or Stafford
74/75 Stafford
1/2/2A wednesfield
32/33 Wednesfield
60/825 stafford (if still interworked)
Where can you run 23,25 and 26 from? Surely it would cost more in diesel to send a bus from Wednesfield or Stafford to Cannock to do a couple of routes? I personaly think only way Cannock will sell up is if there moving premises and remember before when Arriva lost a majority of theor routes? Soon got them back let's not forget that ;)

Bob

Yea but they lost em to petes travel and it was f##### horrendous half of the drivers couldnt speak english I remember a 351 going round the 1 way system about 3 times lol. Nxwm are a much better operator

Bob

Quote from: Winston on June 04, 2013, 11:31:13 PM
Quote from: bob on June 04, 2013, 11:25:33 PM

I'd say that's closer to the mark, you may well find the running costs of MPD's is quite a bit lower than heavy duty full size single deckers as well

Possibility yea but given that they break down every other day maybe not.  Ejz, r330 tjw and the 51 plate examples in particular. ...

covlad27

Quote from: arrivaaston on June 04, 2013, 11:37:51 PM
Let's say cannock sell up,
68/70 would obviously be done from Wednesfield
76 Wednesfield or Stafford
74/75 Stafford
1/2/2A wednesfield
32/33 Wednesfield
60/825 stafford (if still interworked)
Where can you run 23,25 and 26 from? Surely it would cost more in diesel to send a bus from Wednesfield or Stafford to Cannock to do a couple of routes? I personaly think only way Cannock will sell up is if there moving premises and remember before when Arriva lost a majority of theor routes? Soon got them back let's not forget that ;)

I think you can count the 23 out as I believe that that is going too.

Bob

covlad27

No not axed a different operator

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk