News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Yea two 59 plates. Wonder if their days are numbered too?...

Bob

Quote from: Hector on June 21, 2020, 09:15:54 AM
All of those vehicles new to Cannock (61 and 63 reg) have now gone. The newest vehicles are currently 09 reg Solos.

Dont forget the 64 plate Streetlites

bovaman

Quote from: Bob on June 21, 2020, 11:15:06 AM
Yea two 59 plates. Wonder if their days are numbered too?...
I would think so as some of the Volvos have now gone, wonder when the rest will follow suit.  and also noticed another old pile of Junk on the 63 yesterday LF02PMO. Im surprised  The centros & 3740/41 are still there too tbh, time will tell ,mmmm

Bob

Quote from: bovaman on June 21, 2020, 11:37:44 PM
I would think so as some of the Volvos have now gone, wonder when the rest will follow suit.  and also noticed another old pile of Junk on the 63 yesterday LF02PMO. Im surprised  The centros & 3740/41 are still there too tbh, time will tell ,mmmm
I think the Volvos were just a temp move

ellspurs

Hey Bob, I saw a bus that I'd think would be perfect for Cannock.

http://wmbusphotos.com/ArrivaUK/ArrivaNE7474.html

I saw that bus, or one from its batch, in Dunstable today.

Out of interest, what is the oldest currently passenger-running bus in Arriva's current fleet?

Busboy105

Quote from: ellspurs on June 29, 2020, 05:37:27 PM
Hey Bob, I saw a bus that I'd think would be perfect for Cannock.

http://wmbusphotos.com/ArrivaUK/ArrivaNE7474.html

I saw that bus, or one from its batch, in Dunstable today.

Out of interest, what is the oldest currently passenger-running bus in Arriva's current fleet?
Probably one of those buses that you posted to be honest.

Bob

I wonder whether Cannock will ever have any investment again to be honest? The fleets a clapped out embarrassment, the repaints are way behind other garages, refurbs are rare, ( the 3 Centros got done but were truly disgusting inside prior and put into service in that state) and the network just seems to be in managed decline. When you consider NXWM are using its oldest Platinums on the X51 and theyre STILL 6 years younger than Arrivas 2 newest buses it puts it into perspective. How are you going to attract new passengers with a fleet in that state?

Trident 4194

Quote from: Bob on June 29, 2020, 07:33:33 PM
I wonder whether Cannock will ever have any investment again to be honest? The fleets a clapped out embarrassment, the repaints are way behind other garages, refurbs are rare, ( the 3 Centros got done but were truly disgusting inside prior and put into service in that state) and the network just seems to be in managed decline. When you consider NXWM are using its oldest Platinums on the X51 and theyre STILL 6 years younger than Arrivas 2 newest buses it puts it into perspective. How are you going to attract new passengers with a fleet in that state?

As an enthusiast I find cannocks fleet great. The worst ones are the b7rles they've got imo

Bob

Its hard to compare worst vehicles as pretty much the entire fleet is poor

Pat

Quote from: Bob on June 29, 2020, 07:33:33 PM
As I have said in this thread many times before, Arriva simply will not invest in Cannock, as they won't see any return on that investment.  Why spend thousands, or even millions, on a network that doesn't have the passenger numbers meaning Arriva won't get anything back in return?  There really is a whole lot more to just chucking a load of money at Cannock.  I think it's safe to say that Cannock won't see any investment in the future.

Quote from: Bob on June 29, 2020, 09:35:27 PM
Its hard to compare worst vehicles as pretty much the entire fleet is poor
The Cannock vehicles that I've used were absolutely fine.  Clean interiors, no 'threadbare' seats and they ran perfectly.

Bob

Clean interiors ? The seats on the SB200S/ 58 plate Volvos/Most darts /some solos absolutely stink!

Bob

@Pat so Cannock is basically a basket case then? Why dont they just put it out of its misery then? BTW running an increasingly knackered, elderly and tatty fleet is a surefire way of rapidly accelerating the managed decline its already in

Pat

Quote from: Bob on June 29, 2020, 10:45:42 PM
@Pat so Cannock is basically a basket case then? Why dont they just put it out of its misery then? BTW running an increasingly knackered, elderly and tatty fleet is a surefire way of rapidly accelerating the managed decline its already in
You could say its a 'basket case', yes.  Arriva obviously still have the passenger numbers to warrant some form of a service, so that's why they haven't pulled out of Cannock.
It could be said that the period of decline has already happened and that this has been the 'new normal', so I wouldn't have said the current fleet is accelerating the decline.  Telford operate the same vehicles in their fleet and they run perfectly.  Perhaps it is Cannock's maintenance that causes the poor quality of the vehicles that you describe?

Bob

Quote from: Pat on June 29, 2020, 11:01:00 PM
You could say its a 'basket case', yes.  Arriva obviously still have the passenger numbers to warrant some form of a service, so that's why they haven't pulled out of Cannock.
It could be said that the period of decline has already happened and that this has been the 'new normal', so I wouldn't have said the current fleet is accelerating the decline.  Telford operate the same vehicles in their fleet and they run perfectly.  Perhaps it is Cannock's maintenance that causes the poor quality of the vehicles that you describe?

Id imagine Telford has a much lower age profile?

l.murphy123

How does the NX £1 supplement work? What pass or ticket does that apply to?
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk