News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveminor

Why should they have a joint headway with nxwm. It's their route they didn't invite nxwm onto the route. Nx are the aggressor Arriva are just defending their route.

Bob

Not defending it very well by the look of it

Westy

Quote from: l.murphy123 on July 21, 2019, 11:34:23 PM
Thats down to Cannock Chase District who own the stands or Staffs County Council who oversee the rest. They took down Arrivas stuff in the past but they still put things up.

Leaflets on the bus maybe?

bovaman

With competition planned on the sapphire 'premium' brand route, you would think they would have had the sapphire vehicle capacity in place to meet allocation demand to keep up the brand on that corridor.
There must be some spare sapphire vehicles around the group, they seem to find plenty of end of life wrecks to fill Cannock depot with from far and wide.
I often see 14/15 year old end of life darts and solos on the sapphire workings whilst sapphire vehicle are being kept clean with the refurbished pulsars driving empty round pye green.
60 & 825 the same, hoards of old scrap small seating capacity wrecks on a daily basis breaking down all over the shop. I detest using the 60/ 825 routes nowadays as its so unreliable, solos are not big enough, and them old wreck darts are horrendous machines to travel distance on.
Shame the fares don't match the low quality operation.
Must be costing a fortune in maintenance  & recovery charges to keep that lot on the road.

Bob

Quote from: bovaman on July 23, 2019, 10:29:42 PM
With competition planned on the sapphire 'premium' brand route, you would think they would have had the sapphire vehicle capacity in place to meet allocation demand to keep up the brand on that corridor.
There must be some spare sapphire vehicles around the group, they seem to find plenty of end of life wrecks to fill Cannock depot with from far and wide.
I often see 14/15 year old end of life darts and solos on the sapphire workings whilst sapphire vehicle are being kept clean with the refurbished pulsars driving empty round pye green.
60 & 825 the same, hoards of old scrap small seating capacity wrecks on a daily basis breaking down all over the shop. I detest using the 60/ 825 routes nowadays as its so unreliable, solos are not big enough, and them old wreck darts are horrendous machines to travel distance on.
Shame the fares don't match the low quality operation.
Must be costing a fortune in maintenance  & recovery charges to keep that lot on the road.

Says it all really. There doesnt seem to be a shortage of wrecks?

l.murphy123

Quote from: bovaman on July 23, 2019, 10:29:42 PM
I detest using the 60/ 825 routes nowadays as its so unreliable

If money was no object and it didn't swap to the 825 I think the 60/60A would make a good Sapphire route. But that'll never happen obviously.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

bovaman

60a seems to carry fresh air though. 60 & 825 seems to carry good loads but usually get the worst pick of sheds on offer, don't seem to make commercial sense, the 2 busiest routes with a lot of the most unreliable antiques, they must be the heritage vehicle routes lol

Bob

Quote from: l.murphy123 on July 23, 2019, 11:29:41 PM
If money was no object and it didn't swap to the 825 I think the 60/60A would make a good Sapphire route. But that'll never happen obviously.

Naybe theyll refurb some Darts for sapphire lol

BusMan Greg

Quote from: bovaman on July 24, 2019, 10:50:32 PM
60a seems to carry fresh air though. 60 & 825 seems to carry good loads but usually get the worst pick of sheds on offer, don't seem to make commercial sense, the 2 busiest routes with a lot of the most unreliable antiques, they must be the heritage vehicle routes lol
I heard the 74 is also one of the busiest Cannock routes

Bob

The 74 that gets Solos several times recently?

BusMan Greg

Quote from: Bob on July 25, 2019, 05:49:06 PM
The 74 that gets Solos several times recently?
Tbf solo's appear on most Cannock routes

l.murphy123

Quote from: BusMan Greg on July 25, 2019, 06:16:31 PM
I've seen that unrefurbed bus with dodgy display 3 times on the 74.. must have been a last resort! From what ive seen I'd say the 60 is the busiest, even at night. Perhaps when people know that the 60A take around the same time they will use it more.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

BusMan Greg

Quote from: l.murphy123 on July 25, 2019, 06:32:37 PM
I've seen that unrefurbed bus with dodgy display 3 times on the 74.. must have been a last resort! From what ive seen I'd say the 60 is the busiest, even at night. Perhaps when people know that the 60A take around the same time they will use it more.
Is that solo your referring to 2499 by any chance?

Bob

Quote from: BusMan Greg on July 25, 2019, 06:16:31 PM

Well it must be a massively profitable operation with high passenger numbers considering theyve loaded the depit with embarassment sheds lol

Pat

Is it me or are any other members of this forum tired of seeing posts complaining and moaning about Cannock's vehicles and allocations?  I think we get the point now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk