News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BusMan Greg

The 70 seems to have regular darts and commanders on there now

Busman Jamie

The 70 has had darts on for ages and commanders?

Bob

Quote from: Busman Jamie on May 15, 2019, 08:29:14 PM
The 70 has had darts on for ages and commanders?

Darts are the mainstay, it was previous Cannocks 'premium' collection, the 8 year old Pulsars, as the 70 was a popular inrerurban route and the Puksars were supposed to be more suited. With this in mind, about 6 weeks later these were swapped for Commanders, which were then swapped for Darts . It must be doing really well.

The Pulsars now seem to be all over the Pye Greens again this week, with nice threadbare Commanders on the interurvan Staffords, which previously had pulsars on due to being "interurban routes, and making the best of what weve got" or something.

I cant keep up with the cibstant allocation changes 😀😂

BusMan Greg

3303 is making an appearance on the 70 today if anyone is interested

l.murphy123

Looks like 110 Sapphires on the 60 today for anyone interested 🤷‍♂️
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

BusMan Greg

Looks like the 61 is being withdrawn and the 62 is being shortened to run between Cannock and Cannock wood via Wimblebury. The 1/60's frequency is being increased to every 20 mins and half of the afternoon journeys on the 70 are being shortened to run between Cannock and Featherstone.

Westy

And if you didnt pick it up from the other thread, the 2 is rerouted from Leamore to go via Blakenall instead, in an attempt to siphon off mainly Nx 29 passengers instead!

(The end of bus services down Somerfield Road as well.)

l.murphy123

Quote from: Westy on June 07, 2019, 05:42:02 PM
And if you didnt pick it up from the other thread, the 2 is rerouted from Leamore to go via Blakenall instead, in an attempt to siphon off mainly Nx 29 passengers instead!

(The end of bus services down Somerfield Road as well.)

It is a shame for that road but it's only a short walk to the other side or the pinfold where buses are < every 3 minutes in total.
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

Westy

Quote from: l.murphy123 on June 07, 2019, 09:38:18 PM
It is a shame for that road but it's only a short walk to the other side or the pinfold where buses are < every 3 minutes in total.

I agree, but when I told my elderly mother about it, she said she'll have to get a taxi instead!

Busman Jamie

I'd of kept somerfield road, another bus on over bused Road

l.murphy123

Quote from: Busman Jamie on June 08, 2019, 09:07:26 PM
I'd of kept somerfield road, another bus on over bused Road

Number 2 will turn at the pinfold though. Long journey for Huntington users to Walsall, best swapping to the number 1 at Cannock.
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

Westy

Quote from: l.murphy123 on June 08, 2019, 11:54:59 PM
Number 2 will turn at the pinfold though. Long journey for Huntington users to Walsall, best swapping to the number 1 at Cannock.

I can foresee another change in a few months. Besides what was said above, you also compete with a fairly frequent NX 29 between Blakenall & Walsall. Even Diamond couldn't crack that one long term!

(You couldn't divert using the 19 route as that would be longer probably!)

Anyone in Coalpool & Blakenall looking forward to their bus to Cannock?

Busman Jamie

1&2 should just be Cannock to Walsall, number 2 using its current route and Huntington could be served by the 75A or divert 74 journeys to serve Huntington?

BusMan Greg

Why can't arriva just leave things alone? oh yea sorry THEY ARE SH*TTING THEMSELVES OVER NX'S PRESENCE IN CANNOCK

Bob

Quote from: BusMan Greg on June 09, 2019, 04:23:48 PM
Why can't arriva just leave things alone? oh yea sorry THEY ARE SH*TTING THEMSELVES OVER NX'S PRESENCE IN CANNOCK

Does any one know if the X51 is having any impact at all?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk