News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Bob on October 04, 2018, 04:34:44 PM
No wondee WMT were making that they barely invested in new buses till about 1996 from 1990 lol

The profits a bus operator makes has nothing to do with how much they have / haven't spent on new buses. By that logic, your suggesting Arriva Cannock are raking it in.....

DB seemed to buy Arriva for their European Bus ops as opposed to UK ops, it wouldn't suprise me in Arriva disposed of Cannock at some point, but they need a willing buyer to be able to do that. 

Quote from: Tony on October 04, 2018, 01:23:44 PM
If you want to make a comparison have a look at Bordesley garage. Same size as Cannock. Average age of fleet is 11,no vehicles refurbished in the last 3 years
But they were all refurbed only 4 years ago and still look very tidy internally. I think the floors were refloored not long ago as well.
The seats are not threadbare either.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

PointerDart

Quote from: 2206 on October 04, 2018, 05:19:33 PM
But they were all refurbed only 4 years ago and still look very tidy internally. I think the floors were refloored not long ago as well.
The seats are not threadbare either.

Point still stands as what Winston said earlier though - NXWM still have Tridents non-refurbished since new (i.e. 15-17 years ago). So it isn't just Arriva who have old seats.

Thing is, it being threadbare hasn't taken all the seat off completely. I know it's not a great look but there still is a seat (having said that, only if the bus hasn't broke down or disappeared).

Quote from: PointerDart on October 04, 2018, 06:01:40 PM
Point still stands as what Winston said earlier though - NXWM still have Tridents non-refurbished since new (i.e. 15-17 years ago). So it isn't just Arriva who have old seats.

Thing is, it being threadbare hasn't taken all the seat off completely. I know it's not a great look but there still is a seat (having said that, only if the bus hasn't broke down or disappeared).
Some of West Midland railways class 350's on Birmingham New Street - Birmingham International/London Euston yesterday had old faded and threadbare seats.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BN

Quote from: Bob on October 04, 2018, 04:35:36 PM
Do you think Arriva are gonna sack Cannock off? If they got rid of Burton......
Doubt it. It's not all about the buses and services. Cannock also holds the West area HQ offices, cafe, ATF lane and 2 bay bodyshop.

Bob

Quote from: Winston on October 04, 2018, 04:55:24 PM
The profits a bus operator makes has nothing to do with how much they have / haven't spent on new buses. By that logic, your suggesting Arriva Cannock are raking it in.....

DB seemed to buy Arriva for their European Bus ops as opposed to UK ops, it wouldn't suprise me in Arriva disposed of Cannock at some point, but they need a willing buyer to be able to do that.

Sell the operation /keep and flog the garage maybe

Bob

Quote from: BN on October 04, 2018, 06:15:59 PM
Doubt it. It's not all about the buses and services. Cannock also holds the West area HQ offices, cafe, ATF lane and 2 bay bodyshop.

So theyd continue running something in terminal decline just to send buses from other garages for maintenance and serve meals? The offices could surely move? I thought Cannock ceased to be any sort of head office when fox and midlands north were merged and everything went to Leicester?

winston

Quote from: Bob on October 04, 2018, 07:07:39 PM
Sell the operation /keep and flog the garage maybe

Have a look at the full accounts for Arriva Midlands North Ltd to year ended 31st Dec 2017, there was an exceptional item included of £2.755 Million which resulted in them posting a loss for the
most recent year:

Exclude the exceptional charge and they had an operating profit of just £176,000 to the end of 2017 on £39.8 million turnover, that profit having fallen from £1.265 Million the year prior, this also include Leicester & Derby:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/02141078/filing-history?page=2

Bob

Wonder what this years would be

I love Walsall buses

3795 now out in sapphire livery on the 1/2 from Walsall to Cannock/Huntington

l.murphy123

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on October 05, 2018, 05:18:06 PM
3795 now out in sapphire livery on the 1/2 from Walsall to Cannock/Huntington

Excuse the ignorance but what kind of bus is that? and is it the new sapphire branding?
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: l.murphy123 on October 05, 2018, 11:58:43 PM
Excuse the ignorance but what kind of bus is that? and is it the new sapphire branding?
It's a pulsar and yes it does have the new sapphire branding but it's not route branded

Bob

Just seen 3795....it hasnt even been given high back seating like most if not all Pulsars refurbed to Sapphire spec elsewhere? Dont even MAX spec ones usually include that?

l.murphy123

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on October 06, 2018, 12:04:53 AM
It's a pulsar and yes it does have the new sapphire branding but it's not route branded

That must be the refurb one for Cannock until it disappears to another depot lol
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Bob

Quote from: l.murphy123 on October 06, 2018, 02:08:59 PM
That must be the refurb one for Cannock until it disappears to another depot lol

Lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk