News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: V89MOA on October 04, 2018, 10:55:48 AM
And you've checked the local garages to find out if they have any spare buses currently I assume?  ::) If Wolverhampton can loan hybrids to Scotland with no questions asked then what is so unrealistic about this decker moving to Cannock? There are many possible reasons this vehicle was chosen. Could be as simple as it has a few months tax left and is surplus down south, or as has been said it may be required at certain times/days for busy/school trips. Could even be for upcoming contract work... Of course though I forget Arriva don't do sensible blah blah blah, Arriva are crap blah blah blah. #thebobshow
The contract that they were used on was for Hybrid vehicles.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Bob

Quote from: V89MOA on October 04, 2018, 10:55:48 AM
And you've checked the local garages to find out if they have any spare buses currently I assume?  ::) If Wolverhampton can loan hybrids to Scotland with no questions asked then what is so unrealistic about this decker moving to Cannock? There are many possible reasons this vehicle was chosen. Could be as simple as it has a few months tax left and is surplus down south, or as has been said it may be required at certain times/days for busy/school trips. Could even be for upcoming contract work... Of course though I forget Arriva don't do sensible blah blah blah, Arriva are crap blah blah blah. #thebobshow

2 out of 2 bang on the money

PointerDart

Quote from: Bob on October 04, 2018, 12:13:48 PM
2 out of 2 bang on the money

So if it was the same vehicles but operated under NX would you still be moaning about the type of bus it was or why it was here?

Bob

Thats academic cos NX wouldnt operate threadbare filthy 04/06 plates. Theyd at least have been refurbished...

winston

Quote from: Bob on October 04, 2018, 12:28:17 PM
Thats academic cos NX wouldnt operate threadbare filthy 04/06 plates. Theyd at least have been refurbished...

Show's how much you know, there are 51 plate B7TL/ALX400's that have received a quick repaint / Euro 6 exhaust upgrade, yet still have interior trim from new. Plus a handful of 53 plate Tridents.

PointerDart

Quote from: Bob on October 04, 2018, 12:28:17 PM

Buses are going to have threadbare seats. It's not like an exclusive limo where it's hardly used. People sit on them all the time. I was on a bus the other day and realised it had threadbare seats but it's not terribly noticeable (was not Arriva). It just happens. It's wear and tear. Every company will have them, including NX - some will just have more than others, depending on what their priorities are. Arriva probably also think that 04 plates will likely be withdrawn in a couple of years, so why spend money on a rather short-term investment (the money which it most likely does not have).

Bob

Quote from: Winston on October 04, 2018, 12:35:14 PM
Show's how much you know, there are 51 plate B7TL/ALX400's that have received a quick repaint / Euro 6 exhaust upgrade, yet still have interior trim from new. Plus a handful of 53 plate Tridents.

Compare refurb percentages i would imagine nx would come out much better. Threadbare is the norm for a lot of Cannocks fleet

Tony

Quote from: Bob on October 04, 2018, 01:14:17 PM
Compare refurb percentages i would imagine nx would come out much better. Threadbare is the norm for a lot of Cannocks fleet

If you want to make a comparison have a look at Bordesley garage. Same size as Cannock. Average age of fleet is 11,no vehicles refurbished in the last 3 years

winston

Quote from: Bob on October 04, 2018, 01:14:17 PM

Arriva will not make anywhere near the profit that NXWM does, capital investment in new fleet / refurbs can only be sanctioned if there's a business case for the investment through potentially increased ridership or profits simply being re-invested from within the business.

Bob

Quote from: Winston on October 04, 2018, 01:58:17 PM
Arriva will not make anywhere near the profit that NXWM does, capital investment in new fleet / refurbs can only be sanctioned if there's a business case for the investment through potentially increased ridership or profits simply being re-invested from within the business.

By that logic Cannock must be a failing operation to say the least

winston

Quote from: Bob on October 04, 2018, 02:55:18 PM
By that logic Cannock must be a failing operation to say the least

Without looking at their accounts but I would have thought that was obvious, they're managing a spiral of decline..... on thin margins.

Bob

Quote from: Winston on October 04, 2018, 03:31:34 PM
Without looking at their accounts but I would have thought that was obvious, they're managing a spiral of decline..... on thin margins.

Whys it declining though? Increased car ownership/affluence?  Cannock is the most deprived area in Staffordshire. Its like Arriva have given up the ghost. Things were so much better in Midland Red North days

winston

Quote from: Bob on October 04, 2018, 04:16:33 PM
Whys it declining though? Increased car ownership/affluence?  Cannock is the most deprived area in Staffordshire. Its like Arriva have given up the ghost. Things were so much better in Midland Red North days

Numerous reasons including your suggestions + reduced high st shopping (far more things bought on the internet & delivered to your door), more out of town shopping complexes or Tesco Express / Aldi & Lidl's popping up here there & everywhere, meaning you no longer need to go in to town. The whole bus industry is struggling, haven't you noticed? Due to funding cuts / declining passengers numbers etc, etc, some areas are doing better than others.

Forgot MRN days, it's the past not the present. Back in those days WMT/TWM/NXWM were making 22%+ profit margins, now they are making 12-13% which is considered up there with the best...... times have changed.

Bob

Quote from: Winston on October 04, 2018, 04:32:24 PM
Numerous reasons including your suggestions + reduced high st shopping (far more things bought on the internet & delivered to your door), more out of town shopping complexes or Tesco Express / Aldi & Lidl's popping up here there & everywhere, meaning you no longer need to go in to town. The whole bus industry is struggling, haven't you noticed? Due to funding cuts / declining passengers numbers etc, etc, some areas are doing better than others.

Forgot MRN days, it's the past not the present. Back in those days WMT/TWM/NXWM were making 22%+ profit margins, now they are making 12-13% which is considered up there with the best...... times have changed.

No wondee WMT were making that they barely invested in new buses till about 1996 from 1990 lol

Bob

Do you think Arriva are gonna sack Cannock off? If they got rid of Burton......

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk