News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Bob on October 02, 2018, 04:14:14 PM
No they dont lol. Especially not a 17 yr old one...if their reliability is anything to go by ( Wednesfieldsspent more time on the back of recovery trucks than in service and one of Telfords burnt out 😂)

Can you provide us with proof of the part "Wednesfield's spent more time on the back of recovery trucks"? No I thought not! Get back in your box please! Oh, and a grammar check wouldn't go a miss!

Bob

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on October 03, 2018, 12:20:05 AM
Can you provide us with proof of the part "Wednesfield's spent more time on the back of recovery trucks"? No I thought not! Get back in your box please! Oh, and a grammar check wouldn't go a miss!

They did break down on a regular basis? Also i dont think i ever went on one with working "stop" bells....

PointerDart

I remember them being temperamental when they were ALL brought over to the Midlands at first, Wednesfield included. Telford ones were known for not having working bells (which is worrying that despite doing the walk-around checks, they still send the things out). However, they got fixed. Out of interest, how many times did you go on a DB250 at Wednesfield?

It's concerning when you're not even happy with a DB250 at Cannock.

Kevin

Quote from: PointerDart on October 03, 2018, 07:43:13 AM
It's concerning when you're not even happy with a DB250 at Cannock.

Spends all his time berating Arriva for not caring, then states that the Stafford locals carry fresh air
Of course he'll moan about Cannock having a DB250, he'll moan if they suddenly replaced the entire fleet with brand new 68 plate vehicles
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Bob

Quote from: Kevin on October 03, 2018, 10:07:21 AM
Spends all his time berating Arriva for not caring, then states that the Stafford locals carry fresh air
Of course he'll moan about Cannock having a DB250, he'll moan if they suddenly replaced the entire fleet with brand new 68 plate vehicles

Cannock couldnt afford one new bus could they? They cant even refurbish threadbare 06 plate Commanders with dirty interiors? The DAFs at Wednesfield i went on never had working bells i saw  people miss their stop. It was pretty bad they were sent out like that, and other than poor, could you think of a better word to use to describe the image it portrayed?

Cannock last had investment in new vehicles in 2014. Half of said vehicles have now gone. Would you class that as a sign of a successful network/operation?

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Bob on October 03, 2018, 11:15:11 AM
Cannock couldnt afford one new bus could they? They cant even refurbish threadbare 06 plate Commanders with dirty interiors? The DAFs at Wednesfield i went on never had working bells i saw  people miss their stop. It was pretty bad they were sent out like that, and other than poor, could you think of a better word to use to describe the image it portrayed?

Cannock last had investment in new vehicles in 2014. Half of said vehicles have now gone. Would you class that as a sign of a successful network/operation?

So in your initial statement you mention tow trucks but can only back that up with "the bells didn't work". The bells didn't make a sound but the bus stopping signs still lit up. No, I'm not naive enough to deny there were one or two issues with them but most days they'd last their shifts, up to 17 hours a day regularly.

Why does it matter when Cannock last had new buses when said vehicles you've slated them since they entered service, so they can't win either way with you.

What new buses would you like to see in Cannock that you wouldn't hate on day in day out? Do you really think there would be a marked increase in service delivery if the oh so fantastic NXWM ran these services?

Bob

Of course there would be a marked increase...they wouldnt be running threadbare 06 plates for a start as those ( and newer vehicles) have all been refurbished. They wouldnt be running 14-16 year old knackered midibuses on interurban services that they werent designed for, with the associated breakdowns...thats a start.

The 2014 Streetlites? Yep theyre an embarassment. Pretty often dirty, no working plug sockets and a joke to use them on a premium service. Evidenced by the reduction in frequency of it since their introduction? When Sapphire upgrades were supposed to increase patronage...

mikestone

I suspect a morning journey to Stafford might need a decker now the 836/7 college journeys no longer run?

l.murphy123

I happened to be on it today on the 26 to Cannock. It's probably as others have said, busy school mornings, perhaps Penkridge and Stafford.

It had a notice stating the ticket fayres for high wycombe so that's obviously where it's from. They either didn't bother taking it down or it's not staying in Cannock.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Bob

Quote from: l.murphy123 on October 03, 2018, 03:33:35 PM
I happened to be on it today on the 26 to Cannock. It's probably as others have said, busy school mornings, perhaps Penkridge and Stafford.

It had a notice stating the ticket fayres for high wycombe so that's obviously where it's from. They either didn't bother taking it down or it's not staying in Cannock.

Has it been used on anything other than Pye Greens?

Busman Jamie

A post elsewhere suggested it ventured onto Stafford locals the other day but not sure on that unless it's 1 that interworks with a 74 or 75??

ntw456

Could possibly be up here to spare vehicles for refurb?  Has nobody though about that. But even then bob wouldn't be happy 🙄

PointerDart

Quote from: ntw456 on October 03, 2018, 09:41:16 PM
Could possibly be up here to spare vehicles for refurb?  Has nobody though about that. But even then bob wouldn't be happy 🙄

Kinda makes sense tbf. It must be nearing its end anyway because of the deckers from Telford going (with 4803 being of the same batch). Most 250s are the 52-plates onwards now. But it would make sense for it to be a temporary move while something's being refurbished. Then if PVRs are going down on other routes from the end of the month, they'll have more spares so thus won't need to keep this one any longer?

Bob

Quote from: ntw456 on October 03, 2018, 09:41:16 PM

Cos itd make sense to send one old decker from down south as a spare bus when if one vehicle was required they could send snything from another local garage wouldnt it 😂

V89MOA

Quote from: Bob on October 04, 2018, 05:21:14 AM
Cos itd make sense to send one old decker from down south as a spare bus when if one vehicle was required they could send snything from another local garage wouldnt it 😂
And you've checked the local garages to find out if they have any spare buses currently I assume?  ::) If Wolverhampton can loan hybrids to Scotland with no questions asked then what is so unrealistic about this decker moving to Cannock? There are many possible reasons this vehicle was chosen. Could be as simple as it has a few months tax left and is surplus down south, or as has been said it may be required at certain times/days for busy/school trips. Could even be for upcoming contract work... Of course though I forget Arriva don't do sensible blah blah blah, Arriva are crap blah blah blah. #thebobshow

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk