News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Quote from: Bob on August 20, 2018, 07:12:01 PM
Ask him where the" improvements and refurbishments incl wifi and sockets ( sockets are you sure he told you that?) Over the summer period are as well....

I doubt the lack of investment has caused this issue. The train, more and more people owning cars is causing the issue

PointerDart

Quote from: Westy on August 20, 2018, 07:19:24 PM
If they ran a short journey from Tamworth to Sutton & back, they  could have had a go at the 77 to Walsall at least!

Wasn't the 77 a Sundays only back when Wednesfield was open?

PointerDart

Quote from: l.murphy123 on August 20, 2018, 06:56:55 PM
I disagree... you can't keep cutting and cutting until there's only 1 route left and they say hooray our losses are decreasing.
There's alot of potential but it needs investment!! It doesnt need to be millions.
If they are struggling that much, and the rumours are true, why didn't they accept Diamond's offer.

They've invested before, but it's failed. Look at the 1s and 2s - big investment and it's flopped. 25s and 26s - flopped after investment. So the investment's been made. Reliability, etc. may have contributed to it failing, as people are deterred from using it. They just think "Leave it, I'll get a taxi". Price increases in fares are another factor as well; people get put off by the price of a day/week ticket in comparison to when it used to be £3.60 or whatever.

Bob

Quote from: PointerDart on August 20, 2018, 07:39:42 PM
They've invested before, but it's failed. Look at the 1s and 2s - big investment and it's flopped. 25s and 26s - flopped after investment. So the investment's been made. Reliability, etc. may have contributed to it failing, as people are deterred from using it. They just think "Leave it, I'll get a taxi". Price increases in fares are another factor as well; people get put off by the price of a day/week ticket in comparison to when it used to be £3.60 or whatever.

Yea but they invested in absolute jokes of buses for the 1 & 2. They then rerouted the 1 to make it less attractive and at the same time reduced the frequentcy to add insult. They had to revert to the old route it was so unpopular but kept the reduced frequency. Did they have a death wish for the services? What the hell were they thinking??

PointerDart

Quote from: Bob on August 20, 2018, 08:02:06 PM
Yea but they invested in absolute jokes of buses for the 1 & 2. They then rerouted the 1 to make it less attractive and at the same time reduced the frequentcy to add insult. They had to revert to the old route it was so unpopular but kept the reduced frequency. Did they have a death wish for the services? What the hell were they thinking??

Streetlites are cheap. They're not gonna give Cannock brand-new Citaros, are they, let's be honest. But it proves my point of people being put off; the investment is made, but it never pays off.

Westy

Quote from: PointerDart on August 20, 2018, 07:23:01 PM
Wasn't the 77 a Sundays only back when Wednesfield was open?

It was.

Bob

Quote from: PointerDart on August 20, 2018, 08:25:14 PM
Streetlites are cheap. They're not gonna give Cannock brand-new Citaros, are they, let's be honest. But it proves my point of people being put off; the investment is made, but it never pays off.

No investment at all in 4 years and of those 16 buses only 8 remain. To be fair even knackered Darts ( that seem to be regulars on longer interurban routes now) would be better vehicles on the Walsalls than the Streets####s. They truly are appalling. 

l.murphy123

Quote from: Bob on August 20, 2018, 09:49:07 PM
No investment at all in 4 years and of those 16 buses only 8 remain. To be fair even knackered Darts ( that seem to be regulars on longer interurban routes now) would be better vehicles on the Walsalls than the Streets####s. They truly are appalling.

If I had a pound for everytime Bob said 'Streets###s' I'd have enough money to buy replacements for said 'Streets###s'.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Bob

Quote from: l.murphy123 on August 20, 2018, 10:00:23 PM
If I had a pound for everytime Bob said 'Streets###s' I'd have enough money to buy replacements for said 'Streets###s'.

If the cap fits.....Its quite a kind description of them....

PointerDart

Quote from: l.murphy123 on August 20, 2018, 10:00:23 PM

It's not a unique description - loads of people refer to them as that. They're not great. Enviro200s are worse (especially on a first run in a winter morning; it was colder on them than outside).

Quote from: Bob on August 20, 2018, 09:49:07 PM

16 buses for Sapphire? I thought you only had 3301-3309? Or are you referring to the Pulsars for Pye Greens as well?

Bob

The 7 pulsars incl in that figure.

Solo1

How much is a single Lichfield to Stafford thanks

MW

As someone who's driven various Streetlites I can confirm the shit-ness that Bob speaks off. As someone who's also driven the E200MMC though, I can say that the Streetlite is better to drive than the MMC. Ultimately both the E200MMC & Streetlite are cheap shit buses. They're not proper heavy weight buses thus lack the refinement of the likes of Volvo B7RLEs, Scania K230s & Mercedes Citaro. They rattle about, feel flimsy AF, and their general quality is terrible. They're basically identical underneath with the Cummins engine and 4 speed Voith, although the gearbox set up is worse in the Streetlite as they change up even earlier than E200MMCs!

If I had to drive one all day, it'd be the Streetlite though. The E200MMC seating position is way too high. The steering on them is heavy, and the fit and finish actually feels better on the Streetlites (cab wise). I'm talking DF Streetlites btw. WF are complete and utter trash.

Bob

Quote from: MW on August 20, 2018, 11:37:36 PM
As someone who's driven various Streetlites I can confirm the shit-ness that Bob speaks off. As someone who's also driven the E200MMC though, I can say that the Streetlite is better to drive than the MMC. Ultimately both the E200MMC & Streetlite are cheap shit buses. They're not proper heavy weight buses thus lack the refinement of the likes of Volvo B7RLEs, Scania K230s & Mercedes Citaro. They rattle about, feel flimsy AF, and their general quality is terrible. They're basically identical underneath with the Cummins engine and 4 speed Voith, although the gearbox set up is worse in the Streetlite as they change up even earlier than E200MMCs!

If I had to drive one all day, it'd be the Streetlite though. The E200MMC seating position is way too high. The steering on them is heavy, and the fit and finish actually feels better on the Streetlites (cab wise). I'm talking DF Streetlites btw. WF are complete and utter trash.

The gearbox is really noticeable on the Strreetlites passenger wise particularly when they over rev and then jerk violently ( not noticed this on mmc).

PointerDart

Quote from: MW on August 20, 2018, 11:37:36 PM

I'm surprised you don't like the MMCs. I've rode a few of First Potteries' MMCs and they're amazing. A major improvement over the old Enviro200. But, I guess the experience for a driver can often be completely different from that of the passengers, as we see here.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk