News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busman Jamie

Most of them are programmed lol

BusMan Greg

What does everyone think will be withdrawn or changed next in September or April. Personally I think arriva will cut the 12s, put the 70s back to an hourly frequency and I think there is a possibility that the 61s and 62s might get withdrawn aswell

Bob

Are there Sept changes?

Bob

A Wolves bound 70 that passed the Cannock bound one i was on in Featherstone this afternoon was completely empty. The bus i was on had 6 passengers from wolves then just 4 by time it got to Bridgtown. Not one of us paid fare on boarding. The 06 Commander on the way there had a vile interior, everyone of the 8 facing seats at the back was either frayed/threadbare on the lower part /split and most seats were filthy. The whole batch needs a refurb. If its anything like the 52 plates that used to run on the 1 theyll be left till their almost see through

PointerDart

Quote from: Bob on August 18, 2018, 08:45:48 PM
If its anything like the 52 plates that used to run on the 1 theyll be left till their almost see through

Have to say, I used to despise the FD52-plates when they arrived in Telford; GGO's diff was terrible, GGU had a jerky box and GGV had a leaky turbo. GGP was the only good one. Although, things have changed and they're about as good as 3717 (when it wants to work).

BusMan Greg

I don't know why arriva hasn't considered ceasing the 70's existence because it isn't making any money what so ever. The passengers it does carry are just pass users. Surely arriva ain't making a penny on the 70's 

PointerDart

Quote from: BusMan Greg on August 18, 2018, 08:52:29 PM
I don't know why arriva hasn't considered ceasing the 70's existence because it isn't making any money what so ever. The passengers it does carry are just pass users. Surely arriva ain't making a penny on the 70's

Is 70 even subsidised?

BusMan Greg

I think it's commercial but I could be wrong. TBH it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't looking at arriva's track record. They said they could run the 15's for nothing, that is the same for the 61's. That is why the 15 got withdrawn because they where making no money. This is why arriva might withdraw the 61 because it is making no money and they are the only one's to blame for that.

PointerDart

Quote from: BusMan Greg on August 18, 2018, 09:22:06 PM
I think it's commercial but I could be wrong. TBH it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't looking at arriva's track record. They said they could run the 15's for nothing, that is the same for the 61's. That is why the 15 got withdrawn because they where making no money. This is why arriva might withdraw the 61 because it is making no money and they are the only one's to blame for that.

From the sounds of it, the 70 died the day they announced it being split into 70/70A/X70 (and the other variations if there were any) and 71/71A.

In response to what you think will happen if there are any upcoming changes (not noticed anything on Vosa but that might change with this week's proceedings), Lichfields will probably go. Pye Greens will probably reduce.

Doxeys may also go if Select has been doing well on that route.

BusMan Greg

Select are doing alot better than arriva on the Stafford to doxey corridor. Who do you think would take over arriva cannock if there was an opportunity to do so

Westy

Quote from: BusMan Greg on August 18, 2018, 09:42:00 PM
Select are doing alot better than arriva on the Stafford to doxey corridor. Who do you think would take over arriva cannock if there was an opportunity to do so

NX still can't, can they, else they fall foul of Monopolies & Mergers surely?

Thing is would Diamond, or would there a repeat of the recent Kiddy problems?

Bob

Quote from: PointerDart on August 18, 2018, 08:51:06 PM
Have to say, I used to despise the FD52-plates when they arrived in Telford; GGO's diff was terrible, GGU had a jerky box and GGV had a leaky turbo. GGP was the only good one. Although, things have changed and they're about as good as 3717 (when it wants to work).

GGV was the worst i think

Bob

How much longer before they give up the ghost?

Bob

Quote from: Westy on August 18, 2018, 09:55:35 PM
NX still can't, can they, else they fall foul of Monopolies & Mergers surely?

Thing is would Diamond, or would there a repeat of the recent Kiddy problems?

NX were going to take the operation over not long before the Chase takeover. Wonder why it fell through? Maybe they saw Cannocks profits 😉

winston

Quote from: Bob on August 18, 2018, 11:23:39 PM
NX were going to take the operation over not long before the Chase takeover. Wonder why it fell through? Maybe they saw Cannocks profits 😉

As Arriva bought out Chase not long after, I'd had thought it was Arriva that changed their mind about selling.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk