News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j789

Quote from: Grinder on October 31, 2017, 09:16:58 AM
Well over 150 Streetlites a year have been supplied to all of the groups except Stagecoach from 2013 on.  The only group not buying are Stagecoach who don't buy Wright products of any type.  Seems strange to me that so many companies have been conned into buying crap if Bob's frequent posts about how bad they are correct.

I think you are both right in a way about the Streetlites particularly. I drive them regularly and think they are shocking buses to drive and our 2 year old examples seem like they are pushing 15, I'd much rather have an Enviro or even a Solo. However, it does seem when speaking to people on the engineering side that they are reliable buses with good fuel economy so for that they will be popular with bus companies. Equally, the related StreetDecks are lovely buses to drive so I would not say that Wright products were any less well built than previously, it just seems the Streetlite is better for companies than they are for bus drivers!

Bob

Theyre crap to ride on...slow...noisy...jerky...seemingly impossible to pull up smoothly

mark114

Hello can anyone confirm that 3866/3867 are still at Cannock I know 3763/3795 came from derby am not sure if the above vehicles are going the other way on a transfer information would be very helpful

Thank you

Mark

Busman Jamie

A Facebook post suggests they have gone to Milton Keynes

Bob

Wonder if they were towed there lol

mark114

Thank you for the reply Bob I have been to Cannock today I have seen both 3763/3795 in service I am only after 2740 to Clear my Cannock list cannot find it anywhere well in service that is can anyone confirm

Thank you

Mark

Busman Jamie

I think 2740 is at Hinckley, there is only 2741/42 from that batch in service at Cannock

mark114

Thank you so much Busman Jamie for the info on 2740 the people who I have spoken to have not seen it and to make matters worse on the bus web site its still down for Cannock but thank you again for the info

Mark

Tony

Quote from: mark114 on November 05, 2017, 01:55:37 PM
Thank you so much Busman Jamie for the info on 2740 the people who I have spoken to have not seen it and to make matters worse on the bus web site its still down for Cannock but thank you again for the info

Mark

Arriva say it is at Cannock for engine rebuild which is why you don't see it.

Certainly not at Hinckley

Bob

Why would they bother rebuilding an engine on a bus so knackered and time expired?

Busman Jamie

I'd not realised it was at CK, apologies for the misleading information

mark114

Thank you so much Bob for the info at least now I will just have to wait a little longer to see it well hopefully

Thank you again

mark114

No worries Busman Jamie you was not to know 2740 was still at Cannock no harm done but thank you again for your quick reply

Mark

mark114

So sorry Tony I believe my post said Bob lol

Bob

Looks like the Streetlites are starting to be debranded.....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk