News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: Bob on August 14, 2016, 02:13:14 PM
I don't get it. Cannock is the most deprived district in the entire Staffordshire County,  it's more aligned with Walsall/Wolves/Brownhills than anywhere in Staffs, ( it was intended to be in the west midlands county in the 70s but Coventry got included instead at the last minute ), how can the bus service decline like it has? Cannock bus station is still a busy place. Could some of it be the CONSTANT meddling and cutting and changing of services? I mean a whole network review got virtually reversed last year. Have they are clue what they're doing?

I would say no, they haven't got a clue what they're doing! 

The King

Quote from: Bob on August 14, 2016, 02:13:14 PM
I don't get it. Cannock is the most deprived district in the entire Staffordshire County,  it's more aligned with Walsall/Wolves/Brownhills than anywhere in Staffs, ( it was intended to be in the west midlands county in the 70s but Coventry got included instead at the last minute ), how can the bus service decline like it has? Cannock bus station is still a busy place. Could some of it be the CONSTANT meddling and cutting and changing of services? I mean a whole network review got virtually reversed last year. Have they are clue what they're doing?

In my opinion people don't want to pay the prices! If NX introduced the £4 daysaver to the Cannock Area or the DD travelcards the passenger numbers would rise.

Bob

Quote from: The King on August 14, 2016, 03:34:13 PM
In my opinion people don't want to pay the prices! If NX introduced the £4 daysaver to the Cannock Area or the DD travelcards the passenger numbers would rise.

Or Nbus so you could travel seamlessly...if I needed to go to a suburb of walsall or wolves or say to West Bromwich etc from Cannock I'd have to pay an arriva daysaver plus an nx one...ridiculous considering how many Cannock services enter the WM. Personally I think arriva in cannock are gonna die a long time coming and well deserved death

Bob

Apart from the Stafford fleet coming in ( any of them simply going to be withdrawn?  Bu51 remaining darts etc?) Are any vehicles imminently entering /leaving Cannock with the September changes?

andy41

Quote from: Bob on August 14, 2016, 03:54:53 PM
Or Nbus so you could travel seamlessly...if I needed to go to a suburb of walsall or wolves or say to West Bromwich etc from Cannock I'd have to pay an arriva daysaver plus an nx one...ridiculous considering how many Cannock services enter the WM. Personally I think arriva in cannock are gonna die a long time coming and well deserved death

Not this again.

Cannock is not in the West Midlands, therefore Centro will not pay operators to carry people to Cannock.

National Express are not interested in Cannock as they would not make any money there.

Even if they were they would not be giving people travel to Cannock for a £4 Daysaver.

I'm pretty sure we've discussed this time upon time upon time upon time before?

Bob

Yea that's why they issue daysaver tickets on the 154?

Codsall, Wombourne and Parton aren't in the West Midlands either, they're in Staffordshire but Nbus is allowed there...

Bob

Oh and Centro subsidise the rail service to Cannock and Hednesford also!

andy41

Quote from: Bob on August 14, 2016, 05:18:22 PM
Oh and Centro subsidise the rail service to Cannock and Hednesford also!

By charging for add on tickets.....

And NX issue Daysavers on the 154 as that is subsidised by all sorts of 3rd parties. NX don't do stuff for nothing and they wouldn't extend a £4 Daysaver to cover Cannock. That is a fact.

Tony

Quote from: andy41 on August 14, 2016, 09:59:49 PM
By charging for add on tickets.....

And NX issue Daysavers on the 154 as that is subsidised by all sorts of 3rd parties. NX don't do stuff for nothing and they wouldn't extend a £4 Daysaver to cover Cannock. That is a fact.

Wrong.

154 is not  subsidised by all  sorts of third parties.  Just  one on a reducing scale.

As the  £4 Daysaver is valid on the commercial  X51 journies to Cannock it does already

andy41

Quote from: Tony on August 14, 2016, 10:11:49 PM
Wrong.

154 is not  subsidised by all  sorts of third parties.  Just  one on a reducing scale.

As the  £4 Daysaver is valid on the commercial  X51 journies to Cannock it does already

Tony, you know as well as I do that if NX ran a full network into and around Cannock they would not do so with this Daysaver and pricing structure, 2 peak time trips is one thing but the equivalent of Arriva's network run from a distant depot is quite something else.

The point I was making on the 154 is that they can afford to overlook revenue as it is still at this point quite generously subsidised.

Westy

If Arriva pulled out of Cannock, like they have done in Burton, surely Nx would have to consider coming back in there?

Do the likes of Diamond possess enough vehicles from elsewhere within their group to take over there?

Be surprised if the smaller operators like Select Bus had enough buses!

winston

Quote from: Westy on August 14, 2016, 10:42:42 PM
Do the likes of Diamond possess enough vehicles from elsewhere within their group to take over there?

Diamond don't need to have vehicles available within group, they could just buy extra vehicles on the second-hand market and/or take new dealer stock that's available if required. There's a number of B7RLE's available on the used market at present.

ntw456

Just been on the 70 to rugeley and there's just been me and the driver on it since hednesford

Tony

Quote from: andy41 on August 14, 2016, 10:20:56 PM
Tony, you know as well as I do that if NX ran a full network into and around Cannock they would not do so with this Daysaver and pricing structure, 2 peak time trips is one thing but the equivalent of Arriva's network run from a distant depot is quite something else.

The point I was making on the 154 is that they can afford to overlook revenue as it is still at this point quite generously subsidised.

They cannot overlook revenue on the 154. It is no longer heavily subsidised, there was at massive reduction in subsidy at the end of year 1.

I see no reason why a Cannock operation would not include current pricing including the daysaver. Most journies in Cannock are already priced at the £2 approx level by Arriva including all fares on the Pye Greens so no revenue loss there and when WMT last ran into Cannock in the early 1990s (around 11 journies an hour at one point between all the different routes)not only were regional travelacards and daysavers valid, but also the cheaper Black Country area products which were excluded from the 991 and a couple of other route extensions were also valid.

There is already a more frequent service than the X51 into the area as well, the 10 to Burntwood, no different to running to running into Cannock, again all day tickets and Black Country only products are also available along the route.

andy41

Quote from: Tony on August 15, 2016, 01:18:49 PM
They cannot overlook revenue on the 154. It is no longer heavily subsidised, there was at massive reduction in subsidy at the end of year 1.

I see no reason why a Cannock operation would not include current pricing including the daysaver. Most journies in Cannock are already priced at the £2 approx level by Arriva including all fares on the Pye Greens so no revenue loss there and when WMT last ran into Cannock in the early 1990s (around 11 journies an hour at one point between all the different routes)not only were regional travelacards and daysavers valid, but also the cheaper Black Country area products which were excluded from the 991 and a couple of other route extensions were also valid.

There is already a more frequent service than the X51 into the area as well, the 10 to Burntwood, no different to running to running into Cannock, again all day tickets and Black Country only products are also available along the route.

I remember the WMT network well. But the fact they ditched the lot and left it to Arriva under very little commercial pressure would suggest they weren't making any money on it, and that is my point.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk