News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LG

Quote from: Winston on January 24, 2016, 09:26:06 PM
That's where I was coming from, switching newer vehicles with older ones to reduce depreciation costs.

Operations that make lower profit margins can generally only support the operation of older buses to maintain profitability, to cover the depreciation on newer buses profit levels would need to be much higher.

I obviously dont know anything about profits etc but its what I have heard.  I can see them making a loss at Cannock but if its to do with bus value I can see the reasons for moving then around

Bob

The problem is though Cannock absolutely can't maintain their vehicles properly...The deckers break down all the time it's crazy. Also the constant messing with the network. ..Who on earth  does a total network review that's so badly thought out as Cannocks was then changes it back?  The constant failure of any new routes etc....Why don't they just get rid?

PM

I'm sure there are good, sound business reasons for moving buses around. For example, now there's 3 bph between Stafford and Cannock, I'd doubt there's a need for any deckers on there now, although I'd expect the corridor will revert to 2 bph now Social are withdrawing. It removes a type at Cannock and provides further replacements for DAF deckers in Leicester that are approaching/have approached Withdrawal.

The SB200's could be swapped for older refurbed examples if high depreciation costings are damaging Cannock's viability/margin. If it's a case of do that and bring in refurbished older buses that from a passenger's point of view are largely the same, as opposed to chopping the less viable routes then I know which option most people would prefer.

Unless it's similar to when newer buses were latterly taken out of Wardles prior to sale?

Bob

As I say Cannock can't maintain their buses.  remember what happened last time they had old buses as the main stayof the ffleet?  Breakdown after breakdown after breakdown.  Also if the staffords go back to two per hour the deckers are most definitely needed!  That's what they were put on there for, loadings issues...unless even those lucrative routes have suffered a drop in patronage as well.  It's a very unstable network though,  if you were a Cannock to Wolves passenger for example you wouldn't know where you were from one month to the next!

PM

Quote from: Bob on January 24, 2016, 10:02:16 PM
As I say Cannock can't maintain their buses.  remember what happened last time they had old buses as the main stayof the ffleet?  Breakdown after breakdown after breakdown.  Also if the staffords go back to two per hour the deckers are most definitely needed!  That's what they were put on there for, loadings issues...unless even those lucrative routes have suffered a drop in patronage as well.  It's a very unstable network though,  if you were a Cannock to Wolves passenger for example you wouldn't know where you were from one month to the next!

Hopefully there'll be a period of stability now, a lot of the controversial and unpopular changes have gone now!

Bob

I doubt it. Lol. I wonder if the Streetlites would be next on the list to go....

Busman Jamie

So if 7 pulsars leave, 4 deckers wonder what's coming in? Maybe the 58 plate volvox from Thurmaston?

Bob

That'd be alright they'd beat a Pulsar up Bradbury lane without much effort  lol

Ashley 60171

4 B9TL's swapped for 4 B7TL's
7 Pulsars for 7 B7RLE's.

Or you could go the whole hog and swap the 61 plate Pulsars with all of Burtons Commanders. Again BN I'm sure will reveal all.

Thing to remember with Staffordshire, places like Cannock, Lichfield, Stafford. Most people have cars, everybody passes their test in their teens and your passenger base is the old and young with fewer and fewer in between. Which is why the route network is half of what it was even only two years ago.

I totally disagree with coments about breakdowns, Cannocks come leaps and bounds on that front and Bob's most hated Darts just tootle around Stafford. Miss the B10BLE's though.

Bob

Leaps and bounds?  That's my point....They had a decent sized injection of new buses..lost two Streetlites already... ( not necessarily  a bad thing ) & now they are losing all of their 63 plates. I stand by what I said about the deckers they're forever breaking down and are only 8 years old! But imagine what it'll be like with a fleet of older buses...and you say leaps and bounds well it should never have been allowed to degenerate into that in the first place. As for everyone in cannock owning a car etc? Are you aware that Cannock is the most deprived area in the whole county of Staffordshire?  its pretty much in line with Walsall etc for poverty levels and so on, it's a completely different kettle of  fish to Stafford & Lichfield!

Bob

Can't see Cannock getting B7TLs either.  I think if deckers go they won't be replaced and the 74 will just go back to overcrowded single deckers at peak times again. Wouldn't make that much difference really cos they can't get it together to get the deckers on there all the time and stupidly have no spares for a deckered route. ...

Busman Jamie

I agree @Bob about the deckers, it's a rarity to see all 4 out on 74, I have a theory,
3717/18-Burton
3792-97-Thurmaston
4201-4- Thurmaston
3900-3913-Cannock

Just s thought, could be wrong but as @Ashley 60171 said, BN will reveal all as and when

ntw456

Were getting the 39** from thurmaston and loosing the deckers

Bob

ntw456

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk