News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LG

Quote from: Steveminor on December 07, 2015, 08:16:31 PM
Split it up into different sections then first take tamworth stagecoach take cannock & nx take stafford that should keep monopoly commission happy as there would be separation between the groups.

It will never happen. 

Bob

Why would nx want to go anywhere near stafford?  It must be a basket case judging by the fleet and even more so if they lost the 825. Wouldn't Cannock be a more fitting option?

andy41

Quote from: Steveminor on December 07, 2015, 08:16:31 PM
Split it up into different sections then first take tamworth stagecoach take cannock & nx take stafford that should keep monopoly commission happy as there would be separation between the groups.

Utterly deranged....

When did First last acquire anything?

Why would Stagecoach acquire a single depot on its own over 30 miles away from anywhere it currently operates?

Why would Arriva just give NX a profitable operation?

When have NX ever shown creditable interest in non WM core operations?

However bad a job Arriva have been doing recently, you could at least try to apply some logic to your ramblings. Stick to your World of Warcraft.

Steveminor

Well what else would you do allow arriva to continue as if the world owed them a living & as if no ones opinion mattered until things get sooo bad that the public lose all faith in public transport.

Oh & as for stafford being profitable, if that's the case why are they cutting back & even planning closing the depot.

Adam 404

Quote from: andy41 on December 08, 2015, 05:08:01 PM
Utterly deranged....

Why would Stagecoach acquire a single depot on its own over 30 miles away from anywhere it currently operates?

Why did Stagecoach by part of First Operations down south then?

Bob

Why are they CONSTANTLY messing with the routes in Cannock?  Why do a network review then revert back? Obviously didn't require changing! If they can't get the network to work ( which they evidently cant) why not just sell up & f##k off? Pretty sure they won't be missed

winston

Utterly deranged....

When did First last acquire anything?

Why would Arriva just give NX a profitable operation?

When have NX ever shown creditable interest in non WM core operations?

However bad a job Arriva have been doing recently, you could at least try to apply some logic to your ramblings. Stick to your World of Warcraft.

First did buy Finglands, but have disposed of more than they've sold.

Can't sell Arriva selling off any of the following: Telford / Tamworth / Derby or Leicester unless they got an offer too good to refuse.

Stafford doesn't see much invest & doesn't appear to be doing too well, I would have though if that was ever sold it would be more up D&G's street.

Cannock appears to be on the slide again with newer buses moving out & service reductions / combinations, Wednesfield I would think would only make marginal profits

Quote from: Adam 404 on December 08, 2015, 09:07:39 PM
Why did Stagecoach by part of First Operations down south then?

I you are referring to Plymouth, because Stagecoach already have operations in adjacent parts of Devon & Plymouth depot also makes a good base for Megabus routes to the South West

Bob

Cannock appears to be on the slide again with newer buses moving out & service reductions / combinations, Wednesfield I would think would only make marginal profits

So far only the two Streets###es have gone haven't they unless they're planning on moving more out ( hopefully! ), & yea theyve screwed up the network big style

Wednesfield recently swapped several E200s for old darts and Stafford. ..well isn't that just a dumping ground now other than the pulsars?

Adam 404

Quote from: Winston on December 08, 2015, 09:17:49 PM
I you are referring to Plymouth, because Stagecoach already have operations in adjacent parts of Devon & Plymouth depot also makes a good base for Megabus routes to the South West

Andy claimed it is not good having a depot 30 miles away from another, Exeter to Plymouth is 45 miles according to Google Maps if I am correct.

winston

Quote from: Adam 404 on December 08, 2015, 09:28:08 PM
Andy claimed it is not good having a depot 30 miles away from another, Exeter to Plymouth is 45 miles according to Google Maps if I am correct.

Going further off topic:

I think you're forgetting Torquay & Paignton where Stagecoach already had routes that operate in to Plymouth these are approx 30-33 miles away and so of Plymouth's, the Totnes & adjacent Dartmouth routes are closer still

Westy

Quote from: Bob on December 08, 2015, 09:24:14 PM

So far only the two Streets###es have gone haven't they unless they're planning on moving more out ( hopefully! ), & yea theyve screwed up the network big style

Wednesfield recently swapped several E200s for old darts and Stafford. ..well isn't that just a dumping ground now other than the pulsars?

And they wonder why they have problems if they transfer newer buses out & older buses in!

Steveminor

Well look at the streetlites, they don't seem to have any luck with new buses let alone older ones.
As for stagecoach they will & have gone wherever they think they can make a profit.

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Westy on December 08, 2015, 09:35:17 PM
And they wonder why they have problems if they transfer newer buses out & older buses in!

If the bus turns up then why should it matter?. Cannock's breakdown figures aren't what they were earlier in this thread so they're doing something right. Ok, the service changes aren't popular but Cannock aren't the only place in the country doing it. But any excuse to have a dig at them.

Quote from: Bob on December 08, 2015, 09:24:14 PM

Bob

Yea but the Streetlites are pants. Their introduction was so successful they reduced the frequency of the service :-p

Bob

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on December 08, 2015, 09:42:09 PM
If the bus turns up then why should it matter?. Cannock's breakdown figures aren't what they were earlier in this thread so they're doing something right. Ok, the service changes aren't popular but Cannock aren't the only place in the country doing it. But any excuse to have a dig at them.

So basically any old s##t will do? Great way to improve customer satisfaction and increase ridership lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk