News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

No Sapphire bus on the 2 again tonight. ...that's the problem when you don't even have spares. ..can't run  the standard of service you advertise. That said a Pulsar is far more comfortable than a Streetlite

Westy

Then they send the 'spares' to Tamworth!

BN

Bob

People have been complaining about the 1/2 on the Facebook page.  Apparently they're nearly always late, & the long journey duration is unpopular.  Sort it out Arriva!  'If it aint broken....' & all that!

Busman Jamie

anybody now which bus caught fire at burntwood? can only think of 2743

Bob

Busman Jamie

couple of nights ago, 3 fire engines were called out to it

Bob

woody38

Never understood why Arriva messed with the 1 Bob, this was a,route that worked well for them, I would have thought that would up the frequency not cut it, they have reinstated the early buses on the 76 but I thing that is only because of the competition with NXWM. Thing they need some competition on the 1 that would sort them out.

BN

Quote from: Busman Jamie on September 26, 2015, 02:27:47 PM
anybody now which bus caught fire at burntwood? can only think of 2743

No bus caught fire, just because Fire engines attended doesn't mean there was a fire.

Bob

Quote from: woody38 on September 27, 2015, 09:35:59 AM
Never understood why Arriva messed with the 1 Bob, this was a,route that worked well for them, I would have thought that would up the freqjourneytot cut it, they have reinstated thbasicallyuses on the 76 but I thing that is only because of the competition with NXWM. Thing they need some competition on the 1 that would sort them out.

I reckon there will be competition on the Walsall corridor before too long. The 1 & 2, particularly the 2 are now frequently late, often not sapphire vehicles, a lot of passengers aren't happy with the increased journey duration and frequent late buses, basically they've gone to s##t. It would be interesting to know how many of the other Sapphire routes launched by Arriva nationwide have seen the frequencies reduced and journeys made convoluted and less popular.  Answers on a postcard

woody38

Quote from: Bob on September 27, 2015, 11:06:30 AM
I reckon there will be competition on the Walsall corridor before too long. The 1 & 2, particularly the 2 are now frequently late, often not sapphire vehicles, a lot of passengers aren't happy with the increased journey duration and frequent late buses, basically they've gone to s##t. It would be interesting to know how many of the other Sapphire routes launched by Arriva nationwide have seen the frequencies reduced and journeys made convoluted and less popular.  Answers on a postcard

They have moved 2 of the sapphire buses to Tamworth never understood why Tamworth gets all the new buses and well get all the old tat. They have but the buses from Cannock on the 110 somebody from arriiva must love this service, still don't now how they make any money on this route, can't believe many people travel from Brum to Tamworth it takes to long.

Bob

I'm surprised they sent Streetlites to be fair, given that the 110 is supposed to require deckers due to its busyness.  Unless they're being used at quieter times. Saw one yesterday, in brum, if you look at the back you can still see the 1/2/2a under the 110 branding.

woody38

Quote from: Bob on September 27, 2015, 11:32:14 AM
I'm surprised they sent Streetlites to be fair, given that the 110 is supposed to require deckers due to its busyness.  Unless they're being used at quieter times. Saw one yesterday, in brum, if you look at the back you can still see the 1/2/2a under the 110 branding.

Bob from what I See it does not need double deckers, a few years ago on the phone in on Radio WM, the phone in was about public transport somebody rang in asking why there was all these blue double deckers running around Birmingham empty, they could not answer the question.

andy41

Quote from: woody38 on September 27, 2015, 11:51:59 AM
Bob from what I See it does not need double deckers, a few years ago on the phone in on Radio WM, the phone in was about public transport somebody rang in asking why there was all these blue double deckers running around Birmingham empty, they could not answer the question.

Oh dear not this again. The 110 provides journeys for many people who are not travelling to Birmingham. It more than pays its way hence its survival and the investment in it over the years. It has always had deckers and probably always will. Deal with it!

There are plenty of problems that the drivelling no marks who phone up Radio WM will never solve, I didn't realise anybody still listended to it anyway. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk