News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Other than the inherited 10/19 Arriva Wednesfield are so pants they can't seem to make any commercial service pay!

Steveminor

Well with the fact arriva have retimed almost all their services behind us. I can see why they're having such a hard time competing with anyone. Apparently they use a computer system that tells them the optimum performance pvr & groups routes together & then generates times, it doesn't take into account other operators times. Well that's what one of their inspectors told me.

BN

Quote from: Bob on September 06, 2015, 12:56:58 AM
Other than the inherited 10/19 Arriva Wednesfield are so pants they can't seem to make any commercial service pay!

Quite a few routes not doing to badly i believe. Not quite "pants".

BN

Quote from: Ck on September 05, 2015, 06:20:40 PM
Are they going to stay as spares or go to another garage

They will be re-instated soon at another depot.

Bob

Quote from: BN on September 06, 2015, 09:42:59 AM
Quite a few routes not doing to badly i believe. Not quite "pants".

Which of those are commercial? They couldn't even manage to topple Banga!  Lol, The 326,9,334,4, 19 to Wolves. ...ahem....

BN

Quote from: Bob on September 06, 2015, 10:38:52 AM
Which of those are commercial? They couldn't even manage to topple Banga!  Lol, The 326,9,334,4, 19 to Wolves. ...ahem....

Its not all about commercial work you know, but hey its anything with an Arriva badge on with you isnt it.

Bob

No it isn't.  But if you want wednesfield to be a success wouldn't you want a significant portion of it to be commercial routes? Cause if you lost the tenders would the garage not be in a vulnerable position?  Why have almost all their commercial routes/launches failed so badly? Surely the question must have been asked at some point?

PM

I'm sure the question has been asked, why they haven't done well on recent tender rounds, have lost market share hand over fist to Banga and Thandi and Sandwell. In the age of cuts a depot based on supported work is a terrible idea, especially with WMSNT gaining market share. Granted Arriva have the pick of the Black Country tendered work which is sure to stay but even so much was won in 2012 at stupid prices even Diamond could nowhere near match.

I'm sure with the restructure going on questions are being asked over its future. Lose the tenders in 2017 and it's curtains, everyone involved with Arriva, especially anyone managerial, will be looking over their shoulder, why is it that they've looked at the same model of remote management First reversed and gone yep, good idea. I'm a glass half person but an op with that many failed routes with routes taken from Cannock and Stafford dumped in to keep it ticking over.... ::)

Bob

Yep, & the route they took over from stafford seems to be losing passengers left right and centre to nx 54

Quote from: Steveminor on September 06, 2015, 07:38:38 AM
Well with the fact arriva have retimed almost all their services behind us. I can see why they're having such a hard time competing with anyone. Apparently they use a computer system that tells them the optimum performance pvr & groups routes together & then generates times, it doesn't take into account other operators times. Well that's what one of their inspectors told me.

That would be drivel.

Quote from: Westy on September 06, 2015, 12:52:13 AM
Thats the second time theyve withdrawn that Bentley route.

Anyone would think they have something against Bentley!

It would be interesting to know why with 2 companies running from the same premises, only one appeared to make that route pay.

That would be the dubious tactics employed by a competing operator on the route.

Westy

Quote from: 646 on September 06, 2015, 03:26:17 PM
That would be the dubious tactics employed by a competing operator on the route.

Well lets hope that the competing operator doesnt lose its licence for any reason.

Westy

Quote from: BN on September 06, 2015, 09:48:47 AM
They will be re-instated soon at another depot.

Why cant Cannock keep them? Any decent vehicle Cannock & Wednesfield have, they always get moved out elsewhere.

Bet the next time they'll get seen in the West Midlands is when they're on their last legs!

Westy

Quote from: Bob on September 06, 2015, 11:56:39 AM
Yep, & the route they took over from stafford seems to be losing passengers left right and centre to nx 54

Once the year is up with the i54 contact, lets see if NX stick round.

Bob

Quote from: Westy on September 06, 2015, 04:52:25 PM
Why cant Cannock keep them? Any decent vehicle Cannock & Wednesfield have, they always get moved out elsewhere.

Bet the next time they'll get seen in the West Midlands is when they're on their last legs!

Decent? Streetlites are rubbish! Painfully slow, incredibly noisy, and naff gears.  Not to mention hard riding. The Commanders were better, and that's saying something considering the rotten condition they were in whilst working the 1s. Theyre better now they've had a re trim

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk