News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Quote from: Squirrel on December 11, 2014, 04:53:35 AM
Nothing wrong with Streetlites.

Bob simply appears to have a vendetta against anything Arriva does.

Apart from crap jerky gearboxes,  do you not think they're incredibly ugly? ????

Ashley

Quote from: Bob on December 11, 2014, 07:04:13 PM

Apart from crap jerky gearboxes,  do you not think they're incredibly ugly? ????

Theyre better looking and of better build quality to the Enviro200 despite their faulrs

arrivadays

What's wrong with the looks of a bus?
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

mranon

Quote from: Tony on December 10, 2014, 09:18:55 PM
Quote from: mranon on December 10, 2014, 09:15:39 PM
e200s are gutless (if its the setup) that voith box cant make its mind up either!!!!! terrible

Depends on the operator's set up again. You will never get a Lynx or O405N again, nothing to do with manufacturers, so stop knocking the vehicles for not throwing passengers about.

A) companies don't want to throw passengers about
b) they want the lowest possible fuel consumption

This gutless description is just silly

tony i beg to disagree. i not wanting a wheel spinning ferrari, but get a decent load of passengers aboard these and they have no go. for example at a roundabout you want to be confident you can safely get away in a gap in traffic. these are so gutless as they change gear to quick. some b7rles have same problem. the voith box clunks and cant make its mind up which gear it wants. i reguarly use a route this latest batch are on. as i hold pcv myself, ive seen many different drivers take a gap in traffic to pull out (which i would use myself) but then they just change gear too quick killing the power. so its not a case of throwing passengers about. the lynx well that was just shocking as it had to power but stopping them was another.

as for killing the fuel settings, i remember my old boss getting between 10-14mpg out of coach's. then he started playing with the settings. killed the power, made them dangerously slow on hills, and caused more throttling of engine in higher gears. also fuel useage increased! i cant understand the map on these buses as they sluggish pulling away, but then they can be cruising along steady then they get a surge of power and motor.

Tony

Quote from: mranon on December 11, 2014, 10:11:10 PM
e200s are gutless (if its the setup) that voith box cant make its mind up either!!!!! terrible

Depends on the operator's set up again. You will never get a Lynx or O405N again, nothing to do with manufacturers, so stop knocking the vehicles for not throwing passengers about.

tony i beg to disagree. i not wanting a wheel spinning ferrari, but get a decent load of passengers aboard these and they have no go. for example at a roundabout you want to be confident you can safely get away in a gap in traffic. these are so gutless as they change gear to quick. some b7rles have same problem. the voith box clunks and cant make its mind up which gear it wants. i reguarly use a route this latest batch are on. as i hold pcv myself, ive seen many different drivers take a gap in traffic to pull out (which i would use myself) but then they just change gear too quick killing the power. so its not a case of throwing passengers about. the lynx well that was just shocking as it had to power but stopping them was another.

as for killing the fuel settings, i remember my old boss getting between 10-14mpg out of coach's. then he started playing with the settings. killed the power, made them dangerously slow on hills, and caused more throttling of engine in higher gears. also fuel useage increased! i cant understand the map on these buses as they sluggish pulling away, but then they can be cruising along steady then they get a surge of power and motor.

How many more times do I need to say it. It is not the bus it is the set by the company, as someone posted, those in the North East pull away well and fly up hills. There is nothing wrong with Streetlites, power wise, if operators want them to move.

PM

Quote from: Tony on December 11, 2014, 10:17:43 PM

How many more times do I need to say it. It is not the bus it is the set by the company, as someone posted, those in the North East pull away well and fly up hills. There is nothing wrong with Streetlites, power wise, if operators want them to move.

Nope, nothing wrong with power. Just they look ugly, sound pretty awful, have a dingy interior, the heating on them isn't great-steamed up windows on newish buses-really?!-and there aren't enough opening windows for the summer. Apart from that, they're great buses! :P Mind you, what the streetdeck/gemini 3 will be like in summer remains to be seen.

Bob

Clunk is an understatement. ..loads worse than metrobuses did and more often.

Bob

Quote from: Ashley on December 11, 2014, 09:42:33 PM
Quote from: Bob on December 11, 2014, 07:04:13 PM

Theyre better looking and of better build quality to the Enviro200 despite their faulrs

Better looking?  They're f#####g hideous, huge bulbous fronts, really ugly windows,  naff looking rear end. Pulsars are miles better looking.  Well in fact anything is better looking than them.

Bob

Quote from: DiamondDart on December 11, 2014, 10:36:28 PM
Quote from: Tony on December 11, 2014, 10:17:43 PM

Nope, nothing wrong with power. Just they look ugly, sound pretty awful, have a dingy interior, the heating on them isn't great-steamed up windows on newish buses-really?!-and there aren't enough opening windows for the summer. Apart from that, they're great buses! :P Mind you, what the streetdeck/gemini 3 will be like in summer remains to be seen.

Do you find the interior dingy? To me the half decent legroom and leatherette is their one saving grace, as they got nothing else going for them

PM

The ones I have been on aren't Sapphire spec Bob so don't/didn't have the nice seating or the white interior ceiling which does a lot to improve the interior/give a lighter appearance.

It's odd-the Pulsar's feel a lot more spacious inside and yet in a streetlite there's even more headroom in the lower part of the bus. The back feels like a solo though :P I don't like them at all...

Think that's where our agreement ends though Bob as I really like Pulsar 2's!  ;)

Bob

Pulsars are better than streetlites definitely.  But come a distinctly poor fourth compared to citaros b7rle and omnilinks...on the noise factor alone lol.

X523 GGO was adding a touch of class to the pye greens today.

Just seen refurbished ( only one of its batch maybe theyve given up) BU51 KWN go past my mates house with a horrendous rattle and squeaking coming from its back end. Hopefully its not long for this world!

Ashley

Citaros and OmniStinks dont make any noise other than a dull wump whereas Pulsars and Darts are hellfire

Bob

The hellfire of a pulsar is a underpowered engine that is over revving and labouring cos the gearbox is set up craply....

Bob

And post 52 plate darts just sound like non voith e200s anyway? The earlier ones just sound like sheds

arrifirststage

Quote from: Bob on December 12, 2014, 09:48:41 PM
The hellfire of a pulsar is a underpowered engine that is over revving and labouring cos the gearbox is set up craply....
Whilst nobody expects the forum to be grammatically perfect ,can we not find another description for buses other than "crap"?
And is crawly actually a word?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk