News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley

I don't dispute these letdowns at Cannock are inconvinient and I know it's been happening for a while. I wasn't trying to imply "it could be worse" because it probably could,kt get much worse. At this point I sort of crumble so I apoligise for the first post. Sadly I'm a bit more tolerable of winter so I apoligise for that also.

Bob

The amount of breakdowns that cannock have is absolutely undefendable im sorry! There has got to be a reason for them though. .....

andy

At least Arriva post details of cancelled services for passengers to see. Not many operators do this as they are frightened it will attract the attention of the commissioners. That's not to say these issues are acceptable but as a passenger you'd rather be pre warned when things are going wrong.

Bob

Not many operators have as many breakdowns in one operating area as arriva!

Westy

Quote from: andy on February 01, 2014, 07:20:08 PM
At least Arriva post details of cancelled services for passengers to see. Not many operators do this as they are frightened it will attract the attention of the commissioners. That's not to say these issues are acceptable but as a passenger you'd rather be pre warned when things are going wrong.

So do Nx on Facebook & Twitter.

andy

Quote from: Westy on February 01, 2014, 08:06:04 PM

Let's just say I don't find it to be very 'comprehensive' and is more about general disruption rather than admitting that an individual journey isn't operating.

winston

And Diamond advises of late running/missing services due to breakdowns.

The trouble is, not every intending passenger would think to check on FB or twitter first before proceeding to the bus stop & not every passenger would have access to check those sites particularity the elderly that are the most vulnerable if their bus didn't turn up

Westy

Quote from: Winston on February 01, 2014, 09:21:02 PM

And Diamond advises of late running/missing services due to breakdowns.

The trouble is, not every intending passenger would think to check on FB or twitter first before proceeding to the bus stop & not every passenger would have access to check those sites particularity the elderly that are the most vulnerable if their bus didn't turn up

You're not wrong there.

My old mum can't even handle Sky Plus let alone the internet!

Westy

Bob, is that you telling Arriva on Facebook how it is?

Bob

Bob

Four or five breakdowns today again in cannock alone....

the trainbasher

Quote from: bob on February 03, 2014, 05:43:43 PM

And how many NX have failed today?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Tony

Quote from: the trainbasher on February 03, 2014, 08:57:15 PM

Well if 4 out of 60 of Cannock's broke down that is the equivilent of over 100 of NX's 1500 breaking down! The day 10 broke down would be the equivilent of NX having 250 breakdowns.

PM

Quote from: Tony on February 03, 2014, 09:01:54 PM

Well if 4 out of 60 of Cannock's broke down that is the equivilent of over 100 of NX's 1500 breaking down! The day 10 broke down would be the equivilent of NX having 250 breakdowns.

Which I would guess rarely ever happens.... I am just surprised that no one has thought to compete there, after all First's Redditch operation looked to be in far better shape than Arriva Cannock and that had competition from Pete's, GWM and then Diamond. Surely arriva must want to up their game and margins in Cannock? They certainly won't do this with an old fleet, dirty buses and worst of all, cancelled services due to breakdowns. Is the problem not this: the arriva midlands fleet is full of ageing darts with the exception of Leicester and Tamworth. Surely they need to be ordering massive batches of versas or streetlites or sb200s to try and ensure the average vehicle age comes down. Whilst going for the before and after look ie totally new fleet like they did at Tamworth was a good thing, would it not be better to inject a minimum number of buses into each fleet per year? Surely a decent number of buses per year would be the best solution to try and even out the fleet age, like NX are doing?

And I don't mean ex London cast-offs which Arriva Midlands and also Arriva North East have to put up with, often with dirty interiors even on newer 61 plate buses. There are buses in the North East that are now W reg and never had a refurb-that is far worse than NX and Arriva didn't go through the crisis that NX group did, either, so there is no excuse.

It may seem harsh but arriva seem so patchy: north east are poor, north west have an immaculate fleet, and midlands is incredibly patchy...

Bob

Quote from: Tony on February 03, 2014, 09:01:54 PM

Thanks for putting into perspective what ive been trying to say for months! Cannock should be an embarrassment to them... 6 token sb200s which theyve bought for pye greens is nowhere near whats needed. Nx would so wipe the floor with them if they attempted to compete tony..seriously

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk