News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Quote from: Justin Tyme on December 17, 2020, 11:04:53 PM
That's basically right.  There was also an 836 Stafford - Cannock; the 865 was an extension of the 836.  The 838, which was a combination of the 836 and 838/9 (Cannock - Lime Pit Lane circular), became the main Stafford - Cannock service when Chaserider came to Cannock in 1980; a few journeys on the 836 remained.

Midland Red North started the X65 as a Stafford - Walsall shoppers service.  It started in 1982 or 1983, I think it was limited stop, and it may have served some Stafford suburbs (?).  Tuesdays and Fridays only sounds right.

Think I went on the 838 once to Stafford.

mikestone

Has there been anything in the local papers - google suggests not?

Depotosw

Quote from: mikestone on December 23, 2020, 10:50:53 PM
Has there been anything in the local papers - google suggests not?
I gather there is no information posters on the Cannock bus allocation regarding it either!

evo mark

they are having a day in the town centre on the 8th jan to show the buses and give out timetables

Westy

Quote from: evo mark on December 24, 2020, 12:10:07 PM
they are having a day in the town centre on the 8th jan to show the buses and give out timetables

That's a Friday isn't it?

Why not a Saturday?

mikestone

Seems common sense to do it on a weekday, because Saturday users have a week to find out and people turning up on Monday who don't travel on Saturday could turn up unaware.

tphi12000

Looked like 3742 was back in use here noted in service in Rugeley this morning.
Tony

Westy

Quote from: Westy on November 29, 2020, 05:42:41 PM
Obviously the route change has been agreed by TfWm then, as it was tendered!

But, as I've mentioned many times on here before & to TfWm, why couldn't it turn right at the Leamore Kfc roundabout, instead of left, & serve Beechdale & Reedswood Sainsburys instead?

NX & Diamond have got the Bloxwich Road corridor sewn up between them, so what is the point of sending yet another bus down there?

Either I misread it at the time, or it's been pointed out & changed since, but it looks like the Leamore diversion is staying after all !  :)

mikestone

The map on traveline, which I assume comes from registration details, doesn't show D&G via Leamore Lane.
;
Incidentally both show as departing Walsall through the bus station!

Westy

Quote from: mikestone on December 24, 2020, 11:04:55 PM
The map on traveline, which I assume comes from registration details, doesn't show D&G via Leamore Lane.
;

We'll see what happens in January then!

Bob

I wonder how long theyll persevere with the 2 to be honest. It couldnt fill a Solo pre covid....

l.murphy123

Quote from: mikestone on December 24, 2020, 11:04:55 PM
;

On the route description on the bottom of the timetable it does state Leamore Lane and Hatherton Road, we shall see. Also, Merry Christmas everyone.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

BusMan Greg

Quote from: l.murphy123 on December 25, 2020, 02:48:36 PM
On the route description on the bottom of the timetable it does state Leamore Lane and Hatherton Road, we shall see. Also, Merry Christmas everyone.
Merry Christmas Lee! Has there been any info on weather D&G will accept Nbus/Swift etc?

Pat

Quote from: BusMan Greg on December 25, 2020, 06:25:58 PM
Merry Christmas Lee! Has there been any info on weather D&G will accept Nbus/Swift etc?
Yes, they will as they are taking over routes where these are already valid

transituk

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk