News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Quote from: Bob on September 18, 2020, 04:03:41 PM
Currently on a teally knackered solo SR on the 60A. Its repainted in the new livery stating on the bus "USB charging" . There arent any USB points on the bus!!! One of the grab poles is loose and has masking tape attempting to hold it in and its constantly shaking and rattling....nice haha
Did you look under the seat?  That's where they normally are on the SRs.

Bob

Yep! There werent any anywhere lol!

Bob

Those Solo's arent really suited to interurban work IMO

BusMan Greg

Travelling through Cannock the other day led me to see the new sign for the upcoming designer outlet centre that's gonna be opening next year! It lead me to ask the question, will arriva be sending any buses there? Or will other operators step in? There are bus shelters by the main entrance as well so there's obviously some plans to send buses there!

Bob

Quote from: BusMan Greg on September 18, 2020, 10:26:04 PM
Travelling through Cannock the other day led me to see the new sign for the upcoming designer outlet centre that's gonna be opening next year! It lead me to ask the question, will arriva be sending any buses there? Or will other operators step in? There are bus shelters by the main entrance as well so there's obviously some plans to send buses there!

The 60A goes past it

Bob

Quote from: Bob on September 18, 2020, 10:53:18 PM
The 60A goes past it

Or could the question be will Arriva dtill be running in Cannock by the time it opens....?

evo mark

i have spoken to different people at nxwm and they are already looking into sending the bus by it when it opens

Bob

Yeah i heard the X51 was going to re route

Westy

Quote from: Bob on September 19, 2020, 01:28:48 PM
Yeah i heard the X51 was going to re route

Not too familiar with that part of Cannock.

Would I be guessing the X51 would no longer serve Bridgtown & possibly serve the retail park, where Sainsburys is, as well as the designer outlet, or am I thinking of the wrong part of Cannock?

In fact, there's no bus to that retail park is there?

Bob

Possibly so. And yep theres no buses to the orbital retail park atm

BusMan Greg

Arriva sent buses to the orbital back in 2015 and failed to make a profit. However it might be a better idea once the new outlet centre opens up.

Westy

Apart from Churchbridge Island, is there another way onto the Orbital from the A5, the Norton side?

If so, perhaps another route eventually, probably from Brownhills direction?

Bob

Quote from: Westy on September 19, 2020, 04:58:55 PM
Apart from Churchbridge Island, is there another way onto the Orbital from the A5, the Norton side?

If so, perhaps another route eventually, probably from Brownhills direction?

Possibly. Mayne itd finish tje 3 off lol

ellspurs

Would they extend the X51 through to McArthur/Orbital rather than reroute it?

l.murphy123

Quote from: ellspurs on September 19, 2020, 05:24:29 PM
Would they extend the X51 through to McArthur/Orbital rather than reroute it?

That would be more appropriate - people going to/from Cannock won't want another 5-10 mins to their journey time. At present the 3 and 60A pass by so that would provide a link with Burntwood, Lichfield, Norton Canes, Brownhills and Walsall.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk