News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bovaman

dont upset the arriva police for god sake Bob  lol,  any way  aint pye greens gone to the twin deck sapphire experience yet, be ideal on there for social distancing, 1 upstairs and 1 downstairs whilst a solo does a busy 60 or 825 school time  :-)

Bob

Solo on 60A last Friday and not sure what the limit is but there were definetely more passengers than half full!

bovaman

haha no surprises there, was on a 44 seater vdl the other day, said 21 persons limit on the sticker, so a solo would be about 5 lol. Shame the bustimes tracking has vanished it was my way of avoiding travelling on solo heaps of junk :-) perhaps it to hide all the breakdowns lol

Bob

Theres plenty of breakdowns im sure lol. Are all registered services supposed to be running now? Is the 1 still registered? Wouldnt it be some sort of breach if they havent deregistered it?

bovaman

the 1 is still a live registration at the TC by the looks of it, cannot see any cancellation notices going back, so one would presume it should  be back running by now. Its Gone from a flagship sapphire brand to no signs of a service at all,  something not reet there im sure. :o

Bob

Its followed the 2 from a Sapphire to a Scutfire service lol

ellspurs

I drove past Cannock Bus station last Friday. There was a variety of differently-blue coloured single deck Arriva services circled around a lone double decker Platinum X51 in the middle. I have to say given the comparison between the Platinum and the Arriva buses, the Arriva buses looked dire. They also looked like they were ready to pounce on their prey at any moment!

Bob

Quote from: ellspurs on September 15, 2020, 05:17:52 PM
I drove past Cannock Bus station last Friday. There was a variety of differently-blue coloured single deck Arriva services circled around a lone double decker Platinum X51 in the middle. I have to say given the comparison between the Platinum and the Arriva buses, the Arriva buses looked dire. They also looked like they were ready to pounce on their prey at any moment!

They'd break down before they managed to pounce lol

l.murphy123

Quote from: Bob on September 14, 2020, 10:31:59 PM
Theres plenty of breakdowns im sure lol. Are all registered services supposed to be running now? Is the 1 still registered? Wouldnt it be some sort of breach if they havent deregistered it?

The 3 is running as far as Brownhills only. The Rugeley circulars are running again I believe so thats all of them.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Express Sprinter 158

How about the 12 Stafford to Doxey? I know Select have now introduced a Saturday service (so probably caters for Doxey by itself), but according to Traffic Commissioner website, the 12 is still registered. (https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/536469/) Does anyone have any info on this or will this one just be canned?

Bob

If a service is still registered are they supposed to be running it now? Arriva are dying in Sfafford

Westy

Think I'm single handedly keeping that Leamore section of the 2 going!

(Not helped by one of my neighbours blocking the bus stop on a regular basis! Don't know which neighbour exactly though!)

I don't hold out much hope personally.

Even the driver told an intending passenger in Bloxwich High Street the other day, he'd be quicker on the other routes to Walsall!

WilliamLeylandNational

Quote from: Bob on September 16, 2020, 09:44:09 PM
If a service is still registered are they supposed to be running it now? Arriva are dying in Sfafford

Covid suspension of bus services still applies.  Why dying in Stafford?

Bob

Quote from: WilliamLeylandNational on September 17, 2020, 02:25:57 PM
Covid suspension of bus services still applies.  Why dying in Stafford?

Been dying for years

Bob

Currently on a teally knackered solo SR on the 60A. Its repainted in the new livery stating on the bus "USB charging" . There arent any USB points on the bus!!! One of the grab poles is loose and has masking tape attempting to hold it in and its constantly shaking and rattling....nice haha

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk