News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BN

Quote from: BusMan Greg on November 03, 2019, 02:32:48 PM
This would make sense as Cannock depot has been loosing money for donkeys year. It might be more suitable if the services are split between several existing operators.
What about the cafe!!!! They've got to keep the depot haha.

Westy

Centrebus ?

Surely the logical thing would be to flog the south  & east of Cannock routes to NX!

ntw456

Quote from: BN on November 03, 2019, 04:48:52 PM
What about the cafe!!!! They've got to keep the depot haha.

It's gone by January so I've heard

winston

Quote from: Westy on November 03, 2019, 04:58:37 PM
Centrebus ?

Surely the logical thing would be to flog the south  & east of Cannock routes to NX!

You're assuming NX want to get further in to Cannock, or rather than buy the suggested routes, they could just start up competing services.

The X51 extension seems to be doing well.

Solo1

i hope nx bus takes on some of the services

evo mark

i have heard that the land that the depot is on is now owned by the car sales company on the a5 and that they have given it a 5 year lease and nothing else

l.murphy123

Woah interesting stuff. I have never heard of Centre Bus. Heard of and used Select, D&G and Midland Classic. Assuming this is all true perhaps Bob is correct that NX would be interested in the south end for Walsall / Wolverhampton. It would be nice to see Select take on more, the 70 for example.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Ashley 60171

Quote from: l.murphy123 on November 03, 2019, 09:18:00 PM
Woah interesting stuff. I have never heard of Centre Bus. Heard of and used Select, D&G and Midland Classic. Assuming this is all true perhaps Bob is correct that NX would be interested in the south end for Walsall / Wolverhampton. It would be nice to see Select take on more, the 70 for example.

Centrebus operate services in Leicestershire, Derbyshire, Rutland, Nottinghamshire, Northamptonshire, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire.

IMarkeh

Quote from: l.murphy123 on November 03, 2019, 09:18:00 PM
I could understand Select ending up with Stafford Locals but not routes like the 825.

I can't see why D&G would get involved given their depot locations, it would make sense with Select on the basis that their brand name is already known locally.

CentreBus makes a bit of sense but it's very separate to the rest of their current network. Not saying impossible but it would certainly be a bold move from them.

Bob

Hope NX take on the Walsall/wolves routes. Look at the effect the X51 has had on the 1. Gone from being a Sapphire service to threadbare decrepit heaps!

Westy

Simon must be itching to comment,  but for various reasons, he probably can't!

Busboy105

Quote from: Bob on November 04, 2019, 03:44:02 AM
Hope NX take on the Walsall/wolves routes. Look at the effect the X51 has had on the 1. Gone from being a Sapphire service to threadbare decrepit heaps!
You could say it is suffering from the 'NX' effect.

winston

Quote from: Busboy105 on November 04, 2019, 01:38:43 PM
You could say it is suffering from the 'NX' effect.

Or that the original 'Sapphire' service wasn't up to much before the competition arrived.

Wumpty

Quote from: Winston on November 04, 2019, 01:42:20 PM
Or that the original 'Sapphire' service wasn't up to much before the competition arrived.

Completely agree with you. There's an old saying Winston.....................you can't polish a turd - just goes to show that a new paint job and a fancy brand won't give you instant success (which mirrors some of the Lea Hall investment thread).
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

andy41

Quote from: Winston on November 04, 2019, 01:42:20 PM

Is there any thread on this site that can be a safe space away from NX myopia?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk