News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Less than two weeks till they stop running them and theres nothin on the arriva site about the 23 & 67

andy

Quote from: bob on August 21, 2013, 07:03:18 PM
Less than two weeks till they stop running them and theres nothin on the arriva site about the 23 & 67

Bob, we've had this discussion before. As the services are not being withdrawn, and are tendered, it is not Arriva's responsibility to publicise any change of operator or timetable, it is down to Staffs CC.....who are notoriously useless and uninterested when it comes to anything public transport and particularly bus related, unless it is in Stoke.

Tony

Quote from: andy on August 22, 2013, 01:36:09 AM
Quote from: bob on August 21, 2013, 07:03:18 PM

Bob, we've had this discussion before. As the services are not being withdrawn, and are tendered, it is not Arriva's responsibility to publicise any change of operator or timetable, it is down to Staffs CC.....who are notoriously useless and uninterested when it comes to anything public transport and particularly bus related, unless it is in Stoke.

It is not even Staffordshire in Stoke, they have their own Unitary authority

Bob

Lets hope its been repaired then! It used to vibrate so badly when idling the whole bus shook. Whats going on with allocations today theres fd52 ggv a centro and the unbranded stafford pulsar on tbe stafford service abd stafford branded on the pye greens wtc.the pulsar was debranded to make allocating easier according to arriva so why not use it on routes thatbuses aren't branded for lol? Also y264 ybc on the 60? An mpd on a route advertised as having new buses

Bob

On the site; updates for cannock have been put on but they state 67 being no longer operated by arriva but dont mention the 23/23A. Maybe theyre keeping that now too.

winston

Have SCC re-tendered the services which Arriva haven't taken on commercially which NXWM originally won on tender yet?

Bob

Think it was only one or two journeys. Hope arriva dont get them!

winston

Quote from: bob on August 25, 2013, 04:01:16 PM
Think it was only one or two journeys. Hope arriva dont get them!

Oh thought there was more, I was under the impression the 2 evening/Sunday service was still to be replaced? I doubt any other operators will be interested in just a handful of journies

Bob

The whole sunday day service?

winston

Quote from: bob on August 25, 2013, 09:32:35 PM
The whole sunday day service?

Eh? I was going on what you said 'Think it was only one or two journeys'

Bob

Yea I thought arriva had registered most but not all of the journeys on evenings/sundays as commercial.  And the onesthey didnt were to be re tendered. I wonder if theyre now gonna lose money on these trips? If they were to withdraw them at a later date ( they normally do take off liss making routes think 72/12/X12, X31 etc ) they oughta be banned from bidding when theyre tendered again for pissing the council about. Registering trips that you previously thought needed subsidising as commercial just to hang on to your crap service & monopoly talk about desperate lol!

winston

Quote from: bob on August 26, 2013, 12:24:26 AM
Yea I thought arriva had registered most but not all of the journeys on evenings/sundays as commercial.  And the onesthey didnt were to be re tendered. I wonder if theyre now gonna lose money on these trips? If they were to withdraw them at a later date ( they normally do take off liss making routes think 72/12/X12, X31 etc ) they oughta be banned from bidding when theyre tendered again for ****ing the council about. Registering trips that you previously thought needed subsidising as commercial just to hang on to your crap service & monopoly talk about desperate lol!

That's what I thought, so only a handful of journeys were now going to be re-tendered again

Bob

I think arriva are going to just continue running all of em, on the 2 , surely if another company was it would be advertised by now

winston

Quote from: bob on August 26, 2013, 12:33:53 AM
I think arriva are going to just continue running all of em, on the 2 , surely if another company was it would be advertised by now

Look's that way, its a shame NX will not get the chance to operate the tenders within Cannock, as it couldn't have been a whole different ball game. Arriva's moves to take the tendered work commercial seems to more than back that statement up

Bob

They shouldnt really beallowed to abuse their monopoly,  although it might save the council a few quid, the underlying thing is thats what arriva have done

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk