News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

##Attempt## even.

I still think at some point it will just become unviable and Arriva will go.

Dylan4579

Quote from: Bob on October 29, 2018, 08:21:28 PM
##Attempt## even.

I still think at some point it will just become unviable and Arriva will go.

How long do you think's left?
I caught up on the last year of this thread (I know I have no life) and someone here back in 2017 thought that it would die in 2018.

Bob

Quote from: Dylan4579 on October 29, 2018, 09:53:09 PM
How long do you think's left?
I caught up on the last year of this thread (I know I have no life) and someone here back in 2017 thought that it would die in 2018.

Who knows, its declined further since 2017 though

Busman Jamie

3762 back from repaint on Pye Greens today

l.murphy123

I still think Arriva could put another evening journey on the 2E (9:10pm from Walsall), and full evenings Friday and Saturday like on the 60 and 825 (9:10, 10:10 and 11:10pm from Walsall).
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Grinder

Give the man a chance.  If the Cannock garage is in such dire straits as someone on here continually suggests, I ask my self why are any vehicles being repainted and given a bit of a makeover.  I agree that the 55 plate Dart that's still in the original Arriva livery looks un-cared for and that's made worse because it's looks out of place compared with the rest of the fleet. Before I get the standard 'everyone's entitled to their opinion' replay, I agree but the continual knocking does get a bit repetitive.

Bob

Quote from: Grinder on November 03, 2018, 08:41:55 AM
Give the man a chance.  If the Cannock garage is in such dire straits as someone on here continually suggests, I ask my self why are any vehicles being repainted and given a bit of a makeover.  I agree that the 55 plate Dart that's still in the original Arriva livery looks un-cared for and that's made worse because it's looks out of place compared with the rest of the fleet. Before I get the standard 'everyone's entitled to their opinion' replay, I agree but the continual knocking does get a bit repetitive.

I think its a fair point to ask why the vehicles ( that are uses on much longer routes than the Pulsars, considering theyre apparently now Pye Greens allocated) that desperately need refurbishing and give Arriva a bad image ( probably half the fleet maybe slightly more) are being left in that state and yet ones that didnt really need anything doing have had an internal refurb with exactly the same seat fabrics so yoid barely tell anythin  had been done ....

Westy

Simon is just inheriting the best of a bad job.

The previous local management should have got their backsides into gear, to sort out presentation of the fleet.

As for 'regional' management, perhaps they shouldn't have taken the view of putting decent vehicles in the more 'affluent' areas & moving the rubbish to the likes of Cannock & Wednesfield.

Bob

Quote from: Westy on November 03, 2018, 11:34:04 AM

The previous local management should have got their backsides into gear, to sort out presentation of the fleet.

As for 'regional' management, perhaps they shouldn't have taken the view of putting decent vehicles in the more 'affluent' areas & moving the rubbish to the likes of Cannock & Wednesfield.

True. I wonder when the next round of service cuts is coming

winston

Quote from: Westy on November 03, 2018, 11:34:04 AM

The previous local management can only spend / invest with what budget HQ give them to play with.

If new / newer buses don't earn their keep to cover deprecation etc, they go elsewhere simples. It's a catch 22...

Bob

Quote from: Winston on November 03, 2018, 11:58:34 AM
The previous local management can only spend / invest with what budget HQ give them to play with.

If new / newer buses don't earn their keep to cover deprecation etc, they go elsewhere simples. It's a catch 22...

Does that mean itll be in perpetual decline then?

Westy

Quote from: Winston on November 03, 2018, 11:58:34 AM

Well that's daft.

The older buses will need replacing eventually, so why not put in new buses instead, instead of 'secondhand buses' from elsewhere within the group? (And start breaking down on a regular basis, according to many posts on here!)

How long should a 'new' bus work for it's first depot, before it's transferred elsewhere?

It's going to be a bit unfair if the same area keeps getting the new buses & the other areas get the 'cast offs'!

All areas should get equal new buses at some point.

NX puts new vehicles in each depot alongside the older vehicles.

They don't keep investing Platties in Birmingham garages & other garages only run older vehicles.

New Platties go in each depot when required.

(Apart from Pensnett, who had Central's Platties, but they had new vehicles as well!)

Tony

Quote from: Westy on November 03, 2018, 07:02:52 PM
Well that's daft.

The older buses will need replacing eventually, so why not put in new buses instead, instead of 'secondhand buses' from elsewhere within the group? (And start breaking down on a regular basis, according to many posts on here!)

How long should a 'new' bus work for it's first depot, before it's transferred elsewhere?

It's going to be a bit unfair if the same area keeps getting the new buses & the other areas get the 'cast offs'!

They don't keep investing Platties in Birmingham garages & other garages only run older vehicles.

(Apart from Pensnett, who had Central's Platties, but they had new vehicles as well!)

There are a lot of factors to where buses go that aren't obvious outside the industry. Performance of route is the main one, but ease of recruiting engineering staff can have an influence along with many other factors. You have to remember a new bus can cost around £1/4m so even if you were to run it for 17 years £15,000 of income each year will go just go to cover the purchase price before any running or staff costs are covered. Most operators won't write a bus down by £15,000 a year though, it will be biased with higher amounts on the early years, so they have to go where they make money

Bob

So based on Cannocks fleet /age/condition of half of it one could assume it haemorrhages money? 😆

winston

Quote from: Westy on November 03, 2018, 07:02:52 PM
Well that's daft.

That's business! Cannock routes don't generate the revenue & profit that a high frequency urban routes do such as Derby / Leicester.

Comparing NXWM to Arriva Cannock is nothing like...

Not all areas can afford new buses. First Group in the main are back to putting new buses in their most profitable areas or where they receive funding.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk