News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheese

Quote from: Solo1 on August 20, 2018, 10:38:45 PM
How much is a single Lichfield to Stafford thanks

£3.60

Bob

Watch this video again i would dare anyone to suggest that Streetlites are in any way not horrific ,noisy, slow, jerky, potentially dangerous heaps of crap. Wrights reputation should be permanently wrecked for putting them on passengers. It really would put people off public transport.

MW

Quote from: Bob on August 21, 2018, 06:12:15 AM
The gearbox is really noticeable on the Strreetlites passenger wise particularly when they over rev and then jerk violently ( not noticed this on mmc).

What tends to happen is, initially they change up way too early. And the driver has got his foot all the way to the floor. It's like the gearbox gets confused. Then it slips into neutral for a second, so the revs build up all the way and then is chucks it into the lower gear hence the jerkiness. I've had one wheel spin on me too (32213 or 32217).  You can overcome this though. When you're driving them every day you figure out the quirks lol. When it jumps into neutral for that split second, if you come off the accelerator and let it go into gear itself and then accelerate, it'll be smooth. It's irritating though.

The Daimler Euro 6 ones are better in this respect. They still change up early, but when they change back down they seem to actually change down properly unlike the Cummins ones. Maybe there was a software update, or they're set up slightly differently. When you move off in the Daimler ones, they jolt forwards though, unlike the Cummins. Way to overcome this is to open/close door or lower and raise the platform which activates the secondary brake. Then release the handbrake. You'll notice it try to jolt forwards as the rpm changes but the secondary brake will hold it, and then lightly accelerate away and it'll be smooth. Hard to explain, but if you drive one you'll understand.

Quote from: PointerDart on August 21, 2018, 06:53:40 AM
I'm surprised you don't like the MMCs. I've rode a few of First Potteries' MMCs and they're amazing. A major improvement over the old Enviro200. But, I guess the experience for a driver can often be completely different from that of the passengers, as we see here.

I've driven the older ex Central Buses Enviro 200s too, and yeah they're definitely an improvement over the older one. They've just polished it up more. It's still shit underneath. My gripe with the E200MMC is mainly the seating position too high, the actual drivers seat with the stupid wind-up thing, the heavy steering, and the terrible turning circle. Streetlite DFs have a much better turning circle.

The fact that E200s have to go round the roundabout at Sarehole Mill on the 5 because they can't make the left turn is ridiculous. A Streetlite would make that turn. Having said that, I'm comparing 10.8m Streetlites with 11.5m E200MMCs (I'm assuming the NXWM ones are 11.5m), so maybe it's not a fair comparison.

The cab of the Streetlite is better all around in my opinion.

I'm told the E400MMC is much better to drive than the E200MMC. I've never driven an E400 though.

PointerDart

Quote from: MW on August 21, 2018, 06:00:33 PM
I've driven the older ex Central Buses Enviro 200s too, and yeah they're definitely an improvement over the older one. They've just polished it up more. It's still shit underneath. My gripe with the E200MMC is mainly the seating position too high, the actual drivers seat with the stupid wind-up thing, the heavy steering, and the terrible turning circle. Streetlite DFs have a much better turning circle.

The fact that E200s have to go round the roundabout at Sarehole Mill on the 5 because they can't make the left turn is ridiculous. A Streetlite would make that turn. Having said that, I'm comparing 10.8m Streetlites with 11.5m E200MMCs (I'm assuming the NXWM ones are 11.5m), so maybe it's not a fair comparison.

The cab of the Streetlite is better all around in my opinion.

I'm told the E400MMC is much better to drive than the E200MMC. I've never driven an E400 though.

One thing I've noticed about ADL and Transbus products (Either E200MMC, E200s, E300s, or Dart chassis), is that the cab step is way too high from the looks of it. I could be wrong as obviously I don't drive them but I've been on a Caetano Dart and I dread to think whether I would manage to make that step (I'm not exactly tall either tbh). But it looks stupidly high in comparison to that of a Streetlite.

PointerDart

Quote from: Bob on August 21, 2018, 04:30:56 PM
Watch this video again i would dare anyone to suggest that Streetlites are in any way not horrific ,noisy, slow, jerky, potentially dangerous heaps of crap. Wrights reputation should be permanently wrecked for putting them on passengers. It really would put people off public transport.

I've been on a couple of the 5-branded Pulsars in Telford and they have similar jerk problems; albeit happening a lot more recently. If it's kickdown it's a horrendous one cos the bus gets thrown forward very violently by it.

BusMan Greg

The number 5 service just takes the p*ss. Who would want to sit on a bus for an hour and a half just to go from Telford to Stafford. And people a few weeks ago where moaning about the 12 service taking to long. No wonder the 5 branded pulsars jerk

PointerDart

Quote from: BusMan Greg on August 22, 2018, 08:06:08 PM
The number 5 service just takes the p*ss. Who would want to sit on a bus for an hour and a half just to go from Telford to Stafford. And people a few weeks ago where moaning about the 12 service taking to long. No wonder the 5 branded pulsars jerk

I have to sometimes lol. Though the amount of near misses due to lorries on some of those twisty roads. Gotta say though that the drivers on that route (most of them at least) are the best, just in how they drive and how friendly they are.

And how can people moan about the 12 being so long? Isn't it like 30 mins on a whole loop?

l.murphy123

Assuming it's Sunday service tomorrow for bank holiday Monday as it's not been mentioned on social media
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Bob

Quote from: l.murphy123 on August 26, 2018, 09:01:14 PM
Assuming it's Sunday service tomorrow for bank holiday Monday as it's not been mentioned on social media

Which translates in to no service 😂

PointerDart

Quote from: l.murphy123 on August 26, 2018, 09:01:14 PM

Indeed it is. So yeah no service from Cannock garage as per. :/

l.murphy123

Quote from: PointerDart on August 26, 2018, 10:25:54 PM
Indeed it is. So yeah no service from Cannock garage as per. :/

Great ill get a lift or train to Bloxwich and carry on as normal from there! They could at least run a reduced service or the old Sunday service prior to April.
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

Kevin

Quote from: l.murphy123 on August 27, 2018, 01:29:28 AM
Great ill get a lift or train to Bloxwich and carry on as normal from there! They could at least run a reduced service or the old Sunday service prior to April.

Why would they? Without funding from Staffs CC they've said it's uneconomical to even open the depot for a Sunday service. Bash Arriva all you want but I doubt any other operator in that depot will be in any different position. Yes NX could manage if they ran Cannock services out of Walsall and Wolves depots but they currently don't, so the town is stuck.
At least there's the train
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Bob

Quote from: l.murphy123 on August 27, 2018, 01:29:28 AM

Blame the Tory scum County Council who plainly dont care whether people have to get to work on Sundays and Bank Hols

Ashley 60171

Quote from: BusMan Greg on August 22, 2018, 08:06:08 PM

A fair few people do travel end to end. I know I have many times, it's one of my Arriva favourites and you get a little more for your money if you've come from Wolverhampton and gone over Shrewsbury way or something.

l.murphy123

Quote from: Kevin on August 27, 2018, 09:15:25 AM
Why would they? Without funding from Staffs CC they've said it's uneconomical to even open the depot for a Sunday service. Bash Arriva all you want but I doubt any other operator in that depot will be in any different position. Yes NX could manage if they ran Cannock services out of Walsall and Wolves depots but they currently don't, so the town is stuck.
At least there's the train

What part of my post was "bashing Arriva"? None of it, thanks.
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk