News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Bob on August 19, 2018, 09:29:11 PM
Maybe 825? Used to be a busy route. I wouldnt imagine the 2, 61, 62, 3, 70, any of the Stafford locals, 63 or 75 make much if any money . Pye greens are so popular they couldnt justify 7 pulsars bought for them. So they had to make do with any s##t and are now operated, as an "upgrade" with buses from 2011 bought specifically to upgrade the 60/825 which now have anything incl old darts /cadets so maybe their earnings have declined with the rest of the operation

Have you thought about relocating?

l.murphy123

Quote from: PointerDart on August 19, 2018, 09:40:38 PM
From what I've seen, 825 and 74 are quite full leaving Stafford whereas all the others that end are empty, including 75s.

74 always been busy. 825 and 60 are the only routes that run evenings (albeit Fridays and Saturday evenings)
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Bob

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on August 19, 2018, 09:51:36 PM
Have you thought about relocating?

No most of the west midlands is rougher than Cannock 😃

I love Walsall buses

Just like to put it out there the 3A will no longer be run by Arriva from October this year not sure what date and will be taken over bye Nxwm (national express West Midlands)

l.murphy123

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on August 19, 2018, 11:45:34 PM
Just like to put it out there the 3A will no longer be run by Arriva from October this year not sure what date and will be taken over bye Nxwm (national express West Midlands)

That does not surprise me... not very efficient to run between Brownhills and Walsall from Cannock garage.
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: l.murphy123 on August 20, 2018, 12:30:23 AM
That does not surprise me... not very efficient to run between Brownhills and Walsall from Cannock garage.
Back to the old days

Cheese

Quote from: l.murphy123 on August 20, 2018, 12:30:23 AM

And as Cannock depot is closed on a Sunday I guess it was being run out of Tamworth on a Sunday?

l.murphy123

Quote from: Cheese on August 20, 2018, 07:10:22 AM
And as Cannock depot is closed on a Sunday I guess it was being run out of Tamworth on a Sunday?

Yeah that would make sense... in which case why can't they operate the viable Sunday services from Tamworth.
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

PointerDart

Quote from: l.murphy123 on August 20, 2018, 01:47:41 PM
Yeah that would make sense... in which case why can't they operate the viable Sunday services from Tamworth.

Cost I'd imagine. It would outweigh the earnings for sure, based on the extra fuel costs, and additional route training (if applicable). So they'd be running it to the point where they'd be just as unviable.

Bob

Is Cannocks profitability reflected in fleet investment? If thats the case would it put them in minus figures? 😂😂😂😂😂

Steveminor

@Bob. I don't think it's any secret that Cannock has been operating at a loss for some time, that's partly the reason for the draconian cuts to evenings & Sundays.
The pye greens must be the only viable service in cannock & I would question as to whether or not that needs a frequency reduction.
I truly couldn't see anyone being able to take on that network without making more cuts to services & frequencies.

Cannock to Walsall 30 min frequency at most
Pye green 15 min frequency each way.
Stafford hourly on 74 with 75 bi hourly to penkridge.
Wolverhampton cancel.
Hednesford 20 min frequency.
If this was adopted the network may stand a chance.

l.murphy123

Quote from: Steveminor on August 20, 2018, 06:29:52 PM
@Bob. I don't think it's any secret that Cannock has been operating at a loss for some time, that's partly the reason for the draconian cuts to evenings & Sundays.
The pye greens must be the only viable service in cannock & I would question as to whether or not that needs a frequency reduction.
I truly couldn't see anyone being able to take on that network without making more cuts to services & frequencies.

Cannock to Walsall 30 min frequency at most
Pye green 15 min frequency each way.
Stafford hourly on 74 with 75 bi hourly to penkridge.
Wolverhampton cancel.
Hednesford 20 min frequency.
If this was adopted the network may stand a chance.

I disagree... you can't keep cutting and cutting until there's only 1 route left and they say hooray our losses are decreasing.
There's alot of potential but it needs investment!! It doesnt need to be millions.
If they are struggling that much, and the rumours are true, why didn't they accept Diamond's offer.
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

l.murphy123

I will ask in my next meeting which services generate the most & least revenue and, if Simon is happy for me to do so, ill post it here.
I will guess purely based on timetables, word of mouth and comments on my petition that the 825 is at the top, though I could be wrong. That being said, it is a really long route so it will automatically have more customers than the 25|26 for example.
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

Bob

Ask him where the" improvements and refurbishments incl wifi and sockets ( sockets are you sure he told you that?) Over the summer period are as well....

Westy

Quote from: l.murphy123 on August 20, 2018, 01:47:41 PM

If they ran a short journey from Tamworth to Sutton & back, they  could have had a go at the 77 to Walsall at least!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk