News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PointerDart

Quote from: Cheese on July 25, 2018, 07:16:42 AM
The fact that they didn't use it says it really about what people claim they want and what they actually want.

No wonder no-one listens to the people anymore in bus changes 😂

BusMan Greg

did the route get withdrawn at the same time the 88/A/B did or was it withdrawn before

PointerDart

Quote from: BusMan Greg on July 25, 2018, 10:32:18 AM
did the route get withdrawn at the same time the 88/A/B did or was it withdrawn before

According to VOSA, 88/88A/88B were withdrawn from 2014, 12/X12/72 was 2012 (although another registration is still active for the latter for some reason).

BusMan Greg

where did the 72 service go

PointerDart

Quote from: BusMan Greg on July 25, 2018, 03:36:10 PM
where did the 72 service go

72 was a continuation of the 12. So it was 12 from Telford up to Penkridge (I think), then 72 to Cannock.

BusMan Greg

Did the 12 serve the following villages Wheaton Aston, Bishops Wood, Brewood and Coven

Bob

Quote from: BusMan Greg on July 25, 2018, 05:55:29 PM
Did the 12 serve the following villages Wheaton Aston, Bishops Wood, Brewood and Coven

Not sure but it was a ridiculous long route. NO ONE would sit on a bus for an hour and half ftom Cannock to telford  it was insane

PointerDart

Quote from: BusMan Greg on July 25, 2018, 05:55:29 PM

I believe so - Wheaton Aston, Brewood and Coven at least sound familiar.

BusMan Greg

a telford route that goes through most of the villages on route is a daft idea. why would the villagers from wheaton aston etc want a service to Telford, I mean they already had a sort of regular service to stafford wolves and perton. wasn't that enough for them

Cheese

Quote from: BusMan Greg on July 25, 2018, 06:55:17 PM
a telford route that goes through most of the villages on route is a daft idea. why would the villagers from wheaton aston etc want a service to Telford, I mean they already had a sort of regular service to stafford wolves and perton. wasn't that enough for them

Yes, the 12 served Lapley, Wheaton Aston, Bishops Wood, Brewood and Coven.  Knowing someone who is originally from Wheaton Aston, the people there were only every interested in going to Telford it seemed for shopping.  But not often enough, sounded a bit like petty to me as I heard the old people then didn't want to use it because (shock horror) the younger people from the area also wanted to go to Telford and the oldies didn't want to share their bus with them.  You couldn't make it up.

BusMan Greg

I bet Arriva where Pissed off when hearing this excuse after so much anticipation went into incorporating this service. TBH Doesn't today's society want the young and the elderly to bond a bit more aswell.

PointerDart

Quote from: BusMan Greg on July 25, 2018, 07:46:44 PM
I bet Arriva where Pissed off when hearing this excuse after so much anticipation went into incorporating this service. TBH Doesn't today's society want the young and the elderly to bond a bit more aswell.

Well given the fact there's no bus service in today's society, it won't be happening anytime soon 😂

BusMan Greg

There is a service the 877/8 by select

PointerDart

Quote from: BusMan Greg on July 25, 2018, 08:17:32 PM
There is a service the 877/8 by select

Don't know the area so wouldn't know. But I was meaning more in terms of there being no 12/72/X12.

Elsewhere, does anyone know if 2702 has moved from TF to CK, following the arrival of 2730/1/2 from TF?

BusMan Greg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk