News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Quote from: PointerDart on July 24, 2018, 04:36:35 PM
Quote from: Bob on July 24, 2018, 04:22:45 PM
Paint scraped off above windows on door side all along the bus to be fair. Give it 3 months at Cannock itll be knackered

Clearly haven't had to give it 3 months. As I say, they were fine when they left Telford; no paint issues at all. The fans were coming on at times because it's been hot, but it was intermittently. Other than that, they're cracking buses and it's a shame they'll meet their demise at Cannock. I'm assuming the short 54-plate has gone back to Cannock as well?

15 year old midibuses though. Theyre suited maybe for pye greens and thats about it. Not for the long interurban routes Cannock are using them on.

PointerDart

Quote from: Bob on July 24, 2018, 04:47:21 PM
15 year old midibuses though. Theyre suited maybe for pye greens and thats about it. Not for the long interurban routes Cannock are using them on.

For 15 year old buses they're better than the Streetlites. And, dare I say, any SB200.

Bob

Quote from: PointerDart on July 24, 2018, 05:42:15 PM
For 15 year old buses they're better than the Streetlites. And, dare I say, any SB200.

Definetely better than Streetlites. Rubbish legroom though. Really rubbish. Crap for long journeys if the facing each other seats at back arent available.

Is Cannock EVER going to get any investment though? Nothing in four years and over half of those vehicles have gone!

The fact its had nothing would suggest its circling the plughole as an operation.

PointerDart

Quote from: Bob on July 24, 2018, 06:23:24 PM
Definetely better than Streetlites. Rubbish legroom though. Really rubbish. Crap for long journeys if the facing each other seats at back arent available.

Is Cannock EVER going to get any investment though? Nothing in four years and over half of those vehicles have gone!

The fact its had nothing would suggest its circling the plughole as an operation.

Oh yeah legroom wise even I struggle and I'm nowhere near the tallest person in the world 😂

Would be interesting to see how bad Cannock is when I finally decide to take the risk of a trip there. I've caught a glimpse in Stafford. The 55-plate Darts are mostly ex-Telford, and they were rough back then but were still probably my favourites back then. The B7RLEs look tidy. In comparison to what it used to be, it's slightly improved, in terms of the vehicles used. At least it isn't a Sprinter everywhere you look 😂

Bob

55 plate Darts actually originated in Stafford for the upgrade of the 825 ( not sure how replacing B10Ms with midibuses on a route of that length was ever gonna be an upgrade), then at some point ended up in Leicester also. The 54 plate ones are a lot better to be fair.

PointerDart

Quote from: Bob on July 24, 2018, 07:10:59 PM
55 plate Darts actually originated in Stafford for the upgrade of the 825 ( not sure how replacing B10Ms with midibuses on a route of that length was ever gonna be an upgrade), then at some point ended up in Leicester also. The 54 plate ones are a lot better to be fair.

Couldn't comment on the 54 plates properly; but they seem decent motors.

TOF719S

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 24, 2018, 02:33:01 PM

I'm not a fan of their Volvos- the 39** series anyway , pulsars far superior

A good pulsar is probably he best bus out there at the minute, sadly a certain fuel saving device seems to have turned many of them into snails!! North West and North East appear to go better than Midlands examples.

Bob

Quote from: TOF719S on July 24, 2018, 08:28:44 PM
A good pulsar is probably he best bus out there at the minute, sadly a certain fuel saving device seems to have turned many of them into snails!! North West and North East appear to go better than Midlands examples.

The beat bus? The earlier ones ( ex cannock) now at Tamwrth are deafening

BusMan Greg

Does anyone remember the X12 service that use to run between penkridge and Telford. I believe there was a 12 service between coven and Telford.

PointerDart

Quote from: BusMan Greg on July 24, 2018, 09:35:58 PM
Does anyone remember the X12 service that use to run between penkridge and Telford. I believe there was a 12 service between coven and Telford.

I remember its existence. Saturdays only from what I remember. X12 between Penkridge and Telford, 12 between Telford and Coven, continuing as a 72 to Cannock (why it wasn't all one number is beyond me, especially with there already being a 12 in Telford at the time).

Bob

Quote from: BusMan Greg on July 24, 2018, 09:35:58 PM

Yep. They thought a knackered 51 plate rattling MPD was suitable for a route that took almost an hour and a half. They were rewarded with a great success 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Seriously though why run it as an express from penkridge and an almost serve every road trip from cannock? Crazy

Cheese

Quote from: Bob on July 24, 2018, 10:38:13 PM
Yep. They thought a knackered 51 plate rattling MPD was suitable for a route that took almost an hour and a half. They were rewarded with a great success 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Seriously though why run it as an express from penkridge and an almost serve every road trip from cannock? Crazy

South Staffordshire Council funded the service, consultant working for them at the time had been out in the villages and that was what the villages 'wanted'. The fact that they didn't use it says it really about what people claim they want and what they actually want.

BusMan Greg

I believe the 12 service went through seat wheaton Aston and all the villages what the 88 use to serve

Busman Jamie

2209 was the bus always on there

PointerDart

Quote from: Busman Jamie on July 25, 2018, 08:35:18 AM
2209 was the bus always on there

One of the few times I saw the service in Telford, I saw one of the 03-plate Cadets (either HRJ or HRK).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk