News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveminor

It's all down to sales techniques other manufacturers tend to be more aggressive in their sales than vdl.  Plus vdl will only ship to the UK in batches of 50 now which is  big stumbling block.
I must say we find them fantastic. In 2 & 1/2 years I've not had 1 vdl that's ever needed a tow & their reliability even though they are older is far far better than the e200s. Coach wise as well the vdl is far superior reliability wise to our volvos.

Bob

The older SB200s arent exactly pleasant to travel on, deafening with the amount overrevving. The newer ones are a bit quieter

Bob

Been on two pulsars today 3757 and 3762. 3757 was ok but vibrated idling badly, 3762 vibrated horrifically and has a knackered diff.....

TOF719S

Quote from: Tony on May 14, 2018, 09:50:46 PM
See Simon Dunn's comments as well.

Do you maintain them?
Do you operate them?

They are not cheap vehicles compared to others, but as I said really reliable  and Volvo back up is better than a lot of manufacturersvwhen things do go wrong

I have had involvement in maintaining B7RLE's yes and I must say that Magirus Deutz engine they use is a pretty shocking piece of equipment. I have seen them throw engine oil out at fairly low mileages and witnessed several issues with low oil pressure and low fuel pressure. My present employer has one and the only reason it's retained is for a contract requiring 40 seatbelts, it's been to Volvo 3 times in 2 years for work to be carried out on the engine!! If there was an SB200 with belts out there I'm sure they would happily swap.
And no I don't operate them, if I had a choice I would opt for the tried and tested Cummins powered bus.

Tony

Quote from: TOF719S on May 16, 2018, 07:28:55 PM
I have had involvement in maintaining B7RLE's yes and I must say that Magirus Deutz engine they use is a pretty shocking piece of equipment. I have seen them throw engine oil out at fairly low mileages and witnessed several issues with low oil pressure and low fuel pressure. My present employer has one and the only reason it's retained is for a contract requiring 40 seatbelts, it's been to Volvo 3 times in 2 years for work to be carried out on the engine!! If there was an SB200 with belts out there I'm sure they would happily swap.
And no I don't operate them, if I had a choice I would opt for the tried and tested Cummins powered bus.

Perhaps yours have been badly maintained then, because Walsall tell me their 11 year old vehicles are still excellent motors, as do Dundee, and if you read Simon's comments you will find he regards B7RLEs with high regard as well

DJ

Quote from: Tony on May 16, 2018, 08:08:05 PM
Perhaps yours have been badly maintained then, because Walsall tell me their 11 year old vehicles are still excellent motors, as do Dundee, and if you read Simon's comments you will find he regards B7RLEs with high regard as well

I don't have any insight as to what goes on regarding maintenence and reliability, but as a passenger, Walsall's 56 plate B7RLE's seem to be kept clean and perform well. I can't think of anything bad to say about them, in all honesty.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

MW

Let's be honest. Everything NXWM owned is maintained well. Literally everything. I think that if anyone disagrees, they need to broaden their horizon.

Straightlines

Quote from: MW on May 16, 2018, 09:04:21 PM
Let's be honest. Everything NXWM owned is maintained well. Literally everything. I think that if anyone disagrees, they need to broaden their horizon.

Sadly the same can't be said for some of the other big operators within the region...

Bob

Considering theres supposed to be an alleged permanent allocation of Pulsars on the pye greens now, why does this never happen? I think theres maybe been one on them in the last two weeks. The allocation seems to be 06 plate Commanders, and Solos and older Darts. Whereas the 70 now seems to have a permanent allocation of Pulsars ( previously mainly Commanders)...

tphi12000

Noted Pulsar 3805 tonight painted in the new corporate livery.
Tony

Busman Jamie

3805 been on 70 all day

Bob

Has the permanent allocation of Pulsars to Pye Greens happened yet or will it ever?

Bob

Quote from: tphi12000 on May 30, 2018, 07:06:08 PM
Noted Pulsar 3805 tonight painted in the new corporate livery.

Just seen it...no retrim unfortunately

Tony

Quote from: Bob on May 30, 2018, 09:47:07 PM
Has the permanent allocation of Pulsars to Pye Greens happened yet or will it ever?

Change of plan now, with Commanders for the 25/26 with the Pulsars mainly for the 70

Bob

The every half hour 70 wont last according to yesterdays driver. Yesterdays peak time to wolves in the afternoon had a grand total of 4 passengers incl me

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk