News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trixmax

4740/4744 are both showing on the Arriva Yorkshire allocation awaiting transfare from Midlands new fleet numbers been 1623 & 1627,

andyallen4014

Presumably they're at Cannock to release vehicles for the Shrewsbury Flower Show.

Bob

Anyone notice that most darts 52 plate upwards sound different from earlier ones due to the isbe engine compared with the b series bit the 54 plate examples at Stafford and Cannock sound like the old B series? Strange

BN

Quote from: Bob on August 13, 2016, 04:44:50 PM
Anyone notice that most darts 52 plate upwards sound different from earlier ones due to the isbe engine compared with the b series bit the 54 plate examples at Stafford and Cannock sound like the old B series? Strange

Hi Bob, thats because they are Super Pointer Darts with the 6 pot isbe engine.

Bob

Sounds very much like the B series don't they in comparison to the 4 cylinder

The King

3702 was on the 2E this evening certainly an upgrade on the Sapphires for the driver not for the passengers.

Also as a general question anyone know what ever happened to former Chase 2380 after withdrawal?

Bob

FD52 GGP was on 1s today and a volvo yesterday.  Definitely an upgrade on Streetshites

Bob

Don't know how long they're staying but can't see them getting much use lol

Bob

Yea they're shocking. Pity they weren't got rid of when the other newer buses were. The 1 & 2 must be one of the better performing services considering they face no cuts ( although the 1 already has been cut previously so sapphire didn't work ). I can't see how they make money off the 2

The King

Twirly's simple as that :D

Bob

The King

Pensioners Bob. In the centro area they can't use their passes till 9:30 so they're the twirly's (too early's)

Bob

Lol I doubt that would put the 2 into profit though. The 70E does it follow a different route in Cannock?  As in down the a34 to Bridgetown like the old 70 rather than Longford road

The King

Quote from: Bob on August 14, 2016, 12:38:28 PM
Lol I doubt that would put the 2 into profit though. The 70E does it follow a different route in Cannock?  As in down the a34 to Bridgetown like the old 70 rather than Longford road

Honestly not a lot does make a profit anymore in Cannock anymore which is a shame.

Bob

I don't get it. Cannock is the most deprived district in the entire Staffordshire County,  it's more aligned with Walsall/Wolves/Brownhills than anywhere in Staffs, ( it was intended to be in the west midlands county in the 70s but Coventry got included instead at the last minute ), how can the bus service decline like it has? Cannock bus station is still a busy place. Could some of it be the CONSTANT meddling and cutting and changing of services? I mean a whole network review got virtually reversed last year. Have they are clue what they're doing?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk