News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Seen a decker predictably on Pye Greens.  Anyone know which buses have gone to telford?

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Bob on July 26, 2016, 07:44:01 PM
Seen a decker predictably on Pye Greens.  Anyone know which buses have gone to telford?

4707 and 4721 were on PG's today but the former was swapped for an RLE I believe.

Bob

I doubt any of them will see much useful work

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Bob on July 27, 2016, 01:04:39 AM
I doubt any of them will see much useful work

Well its still nice to have deckers at Cannock again all the same so

Bob

So? I'm just making a point that despite there being several routes where they'd be useful in peak times they're just wasted on locals....

Westy

Quote from: A R R I V A : S I on July 27, 2016, 07:35:40 PM
Bob i have been informed by publicity staff at Arriva , all deckers at CK only here for couple of weeks

Why do they bother for a couple of weeks?

Bob

I'm surprised they can afford to run em lol

Busman Jamie

Why on 74/75? It's been proves the service doesn't warrant a decker and for years when CK have had loan deckers for a week or 2 they get allocated to PG

Just look when theybgo the 2 wardle olympian and the 2 wardle tridents they were just pit on PG

Bob

74 and 75 must have declined like every other route Cannock have managed to mess up lol. When the deckers were transferred in for them they were definitely needed. Then cannock rarely managed to have a full allocation on most of the time cos they couldn't keep em on the road long enough lol

Bob

According to the driver earlier the 3 is going hourly from September

The King

Quote from: Bob on July 30, 2016, 01:30:48 PM
According to the driver earlier the 3 is going hourly from September

Wouldn't be surprised if this was the case as the 3's don't really do much work outside of Norton Canes, they've re-routed it so many times in the past 18 months some passengers are unsure of which side of the roads going where!

On another note as stated yesterday with an issue of drivers running early. The last 70  to Rugeley ran 3 minutes early from Hednesford with the doors open! This is why IMO interlocking doors is a good idea for all companies.

On a side note how many of the deckers have actually been used? I've only seen one in service the others are in the yard.

Bob

All four were parked up in the yard along with several red deckers . Didn't look like they'd be moving anywhere any time soon. I think the frequency of the 1 & 2 might get reduced as well to maybe one an hour each. I wouldn't be surprised if the sapphire brand and buses went also, given that like everything else cannock touch,  it's been an abject failure

Ashley 60171

Quote from: A R R I V A : S I on August 01, 2016, 11:45:48 AM
Still only seen Y707 XJF decker and FD02 UKG decker out + not seen Y709 XJF / FE51 YWJ decker out

4711 out on PG's I'm told

The King

Heard rumours of a new route from Cannock to Rugeley with the service number 63... any ideas folks?

Bob

I'm sure it'll be long lasting lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk