News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Maybe NX don't have garages that are as much of a basket case lol

Ashley 60171

The comparison between NX and Arriva rumbles on.

To put it simply, what groups of people use Cannock services mostly? What groups of people use NXWM buses? You answer that and you'll get why the pound signs don't flash as bright as they could do in these small towns. Doesn't matter who runs the buses, the demographic I doubt would change. So quit kicking Arriva for serving a high car ownership region.

Bob

Erm Cannock is the most deprived borough in Staffordshire so you'd expect bus usage to be reasonably high. They don't help by constantly messing with the services. What they did with the 1 & 2 was shocking . Almost everything from the network review last year was reversed after a couple of months. Not really a good way to run things. I would class it as an embarrassment that they launch new buses on pye greens with roadshows and councillors present etc then change them for knackered sheds 2 years later.

Westy

Are we allowed to do 'What if's ' on here still, because I bet some of us wouldn't mind doing a 'Nx takes over Arriva Cannock & Wednesfield operations' & have a crack at a fantasy network?

Even if we did it as a separate thread, to save messing up the existing threads?

@Westy - No problem with you devising your own Cannock Network, can you please create a seperate new thread, it you're going doing the fantasy NX takes over...... route place the thread in 'The Muster Room'
http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?board=17.0

or if your proposing to re-design the Cannock / Wednesfield network without any fantasy takeovers put the thread in 'The General Discussions, Questions & Route Suggestions'
http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

Winston

Tony

Quote from: Westy on April 11, 2016, 10:42:08 AM
Are we allowed to do 'What if's ' on here still, because I bet some of us wouldn't mind doing a 'Nx takes over Arriva Cannock & Wednesfield operations' & have a crack at a fantasy network?

Even if we did it as a separate thread, to save messing up the existing threads?

There is no problem with separate 'what if' threads. only thing I don't like is fantasy 'posted as fact' in the main threads

Westy

Fair enough.

I'll get my old route maps & timetables & have a think.

andy41

I very much doubt that any 'fantasy network' that anyone comes up with (based on their deep seated and never to be satisfied personal need for National Express to operate every bus in the UK) is anything that seasoned and experienced commercial teams throughout the industry would have already considered or tried if they thought there was any chance atall of it being viable.

Unfortunately the climate we are all in is that the current politicians don't care about local public transport, the local authorities (and more than anyone else Staffordshire) have less money to spend on it than ever, the demographic of bus users in the majority of the operating territory of the UK is not sufficiently profitable, and concessionary schemes and payments are being gradually reversed.

Coupled with the fact we are at the mercy of 4 or 5 heavyweight players with high profit margin requirements and the need to service their shareholders being paramount, you might as well get used to this mess.

As for NX conquering the world and starting its quest in a small market and former mining town in the middle of a forest, I'm pretty sure they'd have made their move by now so dream on.....

Westy

Bob

Well Arriva don't seem to be able to make the depot pay so maybe someone else could?

tphi12000

following on from Tony's picture of 3904 re-painted , 3903 has also been so-treated noted this morning in Stafford
Tony

Busman Jamie

2373 FJ55BWC on 1/2 this afternoon

Bob

Fj55 bwc on the 1/2. Must be a s###elite short. Upgrade anyhow lol

Bob

Must of been typing at same time lol

Westy

Is that the thing with the curves?

Didnt they operate from Telford garage?

Bob

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk