News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy

This constant waffle about Arriva selling Cannock is completely without any credible foundation and really makes me laugh/bores me to tears. Please give it up now!! Arriva do not have any history or reputation for selling anything, quite the opposite.

If NX were that interested in running buses in Staffs they would be there already in numbers. They clearly have no interest whatsoever so you will have to pin your hopes on somebody else stepping in to provide some competition. To be honest, as we have said before, it is probably the case that nobody sees it as lucrative enough to go to the trouble or expense of setting up and getting into battle with Arriva over not much available revenue.

PM

Quote from: andy on June 04, 2013, 07:24:30 PM
This constant waffle about Arriva selling Cannock is completely without any credible foundation and really makes me laugh/bores me to tears. Please give it up now!! Arriva do not have any history or reputation for selling anything, quite the opposite.

If NX were that interested in running buses in Staffs they would be there already in numbers. They clearly have no interest whatsoever so you will have to pin your hopes on somebody else stepping in to provide some competition. To be honest, as we have said before, it is probably the case that nobody sees it as lucrative enough to go to the trouble or expense of setting up and getting into battle with Arriva over not much available revenue.

Errr Arriva Scotland West/McGills-ring any bells??!!

andy

Quote from: Peter123 on June 04, 2013, 07:25:52 PM

Errr Arriva Scotland West/McGills-ring any bells??!!

One occasion in about 10 years, and that was all about exiting Scotland due to the completely different conditions and regulation there and getting a very attractive offer. There were also several other complex incentives there. They do not sell off small parts of their subsidiaries right on the doorstep of their most lucrative territories.

Bob

Quite the opposite?  Oh I forgot about the huge success the chase takeover was, and the expansion that followed. ... im sure wednesfield will have the same level lol
Quite the opposite?  I forgot about the huge success the

Quite the opposite?  Course yeah I forgot about the huge success and expansion following the chase takeover.....

covlad27

Only time.will tell how well NXWM will do in Cannock once they start the work in September.  They could do well and decide to spread commercially in Cannock

Trident 4609

Quote from: busman99 on June 04, 2013, 08:21:03 PM
Only time.will tell how well NXWM will do in Cannock once they start the work in September.  They could do well and decide to spread commercially in Cannock

Sorry to be a pain but which routes will NXWM be doing. One thing they should do is when the X51 journeys at peak time go to Cannock they should do a return journey as i did it before and had to pay lots for arriva 70 back to Wolverhampton.

Bob

Have they definitely got the tenders then? Is there any truth in the rumours about the X51 going all day??

Bob

If they werent interested why would they bid for tendered work?

Dylan4579

Quote from: bob on June 04, 2013, 08:50:43 PM

Trying to tell arriva to get lost birimgham is not your territory? you have to start off small, before taking commerical stuff

andy

Quote from: bob on June 04, 2013, 08:50:43 PM

For exactly the same reason any other operator would, to obtain profitable work?

Bob

Yea in the staffs area! Whats to stop them getting a foot in the door and doing a couple of commercial routes once they have? Theyd finish the 1 to walsall off if they competed

covlad27

As far as I know they will be doing 25 and 26 pye green circular, 2 to walsall and 33 to walsall

I think sundays and evenings

Bob

Ive heard there's some X51s in tge tender as well

andy

Quote from: bob on June 04, 2013, 09:24:57 PM
Yea in the staffs area! Whats to stop them getting a foot in the door and doing a couple of commercial routes once they have? Theyd finish the 1 to walsall off if they competed

What's to stop anybody doing it? It's just a few tenders.

Trident 4609

Quote from: bob on June 04, 2013, 09:54:05 PM
Ive heard there's some X51s in tge tender as well

As much as i would like to see the X51 extended to cannock i just can't see it myself.

Wish NX did the 70 so i could do Wolverhampton-Cannock with my NX pass ;)How well used were routes like the 351 and the 95*/A corridor used before?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk