News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on February 14, 2016, 04:37:22 PM
Bus is a bus if it turns up no matter how crap, crusty, dirty, smelly, jerky, busy, empty, dopey, sleepy, sneezy, mick or titch or fun it may be.

Didn't say it wasn't.  I said we are likely to see Commanders and Cadets on there. Point being if the Volvos are too tall for the bridge........

woody38

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on February 14, 2016, 04:37:22 PM
Bus is a bus if it turns up no matter how crap, crusty, dirty, smelly, jerky, busy, empty, dopey, sleepy, sneezy, mick or titch or fun it may be.
yeah but if bus operaters want to get more people out of there cars & start useing public transport again they have to accept that people will not travel on old smelly buses when they can drive in there own car, I don't really understand why Arriva Cannock & Wednesfield have so much old tat. Arriva midlands operated service 62\A in Wolverhampton with old time expired darts belching our black smoke, NXWM have now got the contract & loadings on the buses I see are getting a bit better, if NXWM can do it why not Arriva. Have seen a enviro 400 plattenum parked up in the layby outside Cannock bus station wouldn't it be good if NXWM decided to  show Arriva how its really done.

Bob

platinum run three times AM & Twice PM from & to cannock

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Bob on February 14, 2016, 07:08:55 PM
platinum run three times AM & Twice PM from & to cannock

What i think he is trying to say is if the X51 was extended every hour to cannock would that make an impact on passengers numbers. Put a nice vehicle on a route and passengers will start using them more
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Bob

Oh yea definitely.  I meant the platinum parked up might have been on of the cannock trips. Yes hopefully they might run it more often

woody38

just what I meant Chris & Bob it was about 1.00pm on a weekday so not one of the peak journeys, as somebody has stated on the NXWM page. NXWM plan to extend plattenum services this year so never say never

Busman Jamie

Anybody looking, 3912 is on 74 today

andyallen4014

4203 now at Thurmaston, i think 3909 is the one for Cannock but confirmation would be useful.

andy41

Quote from: woody38 on February 14, 2016, 06:28:18 PM
yeah but if bus operaters want to get more people out of there cars & start useing public transport again they have to accept that people will not travel on old smelly buses when they can drive in there own car, I don't really understand why Arriva Cannock & Wednesfield have so much old tat. Arriva midlands operated service 62\A in Wolverhampton with old time expired darts belching our black smoke, NXWM have now got the contract & loadings on the buses I see are getting a bit better, if NXWM can do it why not Arriva. Have seen a enviro 400 plattenum parked up in the layby outside Cannock bus station wouldn't it be good if NXWM decided to  show Arriva how its really done.

I wouldn't get too carried away when it comes to NX. They still have copious amounts of tat, it just depends where you're unfortunate enough to be positioned. If you live along the 67 route they have downgraded the allocation twice in the last 2 years and you are now treated to never refurbished since day one 51 plate ALX Volvos that most independent operators would be ashamed of. I bet they wouldn't park one of those outside Cannock Bus Station.

Tony

Quote from: andy41 on February 16, 2016, 10:22:13 AM
I wouldn't get too carried away when it comes to NX. They still have copious amounts of tat, it just depends where you're unfortunate enough to be positioned. If you live along the 67 route they have downgraded the allocation twice in the last 2 years and you are now treated to never refurbished since day one 51 plate ALX Volvos that most independent operators would be ashamed of. I bet they wouldn't park one of those outside Cannock Bus Station.

Only been downgraded once!
Irony is the bendy buses had to come off because of SQPS (Q=Quality) rules in the city centre which they don't meet, but the 42xx do at the moment!

andy41

Quote from: Tony on February 16, 2016, 10:28:34 AM
Only been downgraded once!
Irony is the bendy buses had to come off because of SQPS (Q=Quality) rules in the city centre which they don't meet, but the 42xx do at the moment!

Tony I think that says more about the rules than the buses. The second downgrade I refer to is that originally when the bendys came off they were replaced mainly by refurbished 03 plate Geminis but now it's all 42xx junk as most of the refurbished 42xx appear to have found their way to WB. I know I'm never going to get you to slate your own employer, that's a given. But I know you get out and about so you must know what a decrepit state the likes of 4279 are truly in. I think a company of the stature of NX should be past this crap by now don't you? The 67 is a busy route with paying passengers that deserve better. It is a scandal that hundreds of thousands of public money was spent years ago to upgrade the service and infrastructure and now we have this.

If the Centro love in with their kerbside publicity tax wasn't in operation, competition would have arrived by now. But they have been very careful to ensure nobody can afford to compete in these parts anymore and so the status quo will continue while other operators have to look elsewhere.

Tony

Quote from: andy41 on February 16, 2016, 10:37:39 AM
Tony I think that says more about the rules than the buses. The second downgrade I refer to is that originally when the bendys came off they were replaced mainly by refurbished 03 plate Geminis but now it's all 42xx junk as most of the refurbished 42xx appear to have found their way to WB. I know I'm never going to get you to slate your own employer, that's a given. But I know you get out and about so you must know what a decrepit state the likes of 4279 are truly in. I think a company of the stature of NX should be past this crap by now don't you? The 67 is a busy route with paying passengers that deserve better. It is a scandal that hundreds of thousands of public money was spent years ago to upgrade the service and infrastructure and now we have this.

If the Centro love in with their kerbside publicity tax wasn't in operation, competition would have arrived by now. But they have been very careful to ensure nobody can afford to compete in these parts anymore and so the status quo will continue while other operators have to look elsewhere.

You say that, but an operator well known on here is just about to return to the 11A which will cost a lot more because of the number of the bus stops on the 11A compared  to the 67

Busman Jamie

I quite like the alx400 Volvos, I think they look decent given their age

Tony

Quote from: Busman Jamie on February 16, 2016, 02:34:52 PM
I quite like the alx400 Volvos, I think they look decent given their age

They do, but there are about a dozen of them with tatty paintwork and worn interiors which is what Andy was referring to, they are not specific to the 67 and will turn up on any PB route that uses them, but they do not give a good impression

John

Quote from: Tony on February 16, 2016, 02:40:42 PM
They do, but there are about a dozen of them with tatty paintwork and worn interiors which is what Andy was referring to, they are not specific to the 67 and will turn up on any PB route that uses them, but they do not give a good impression

4237 is by far the worse. It was the first (or second) B7TL repaint, and is now pink rather than red

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk