News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Quote from: BN on January 24, 2016, 11:04:10 AM
Those Pulsars at Oswestry are mint now!

Mint? what have they had done to them then?

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Bob on January 24, 2016, 10:57:55 AM
Theyre not good buses.  Theyre cheap lightweight vehicle's and after years of hard work on the staffords look and sound knackered!  Compare them to nx's 56 plate B7RLE. .still smooth..smart etc..These have never even had a repaint or re trim!

Some of those are threadbare and caped in etching. So no comparison when every OS bus is immaculate, rapid, comfy and worth the trek now and again.

Bob

Immaculate? ? Have they been repainted and refurbished then? Cos when they left Cannock  the seats stank a d one was so bad it had turned turquoise!

Quote from: Bob on January 24, 2016, 11:38:59 AM
Immaculate? ? Have they been repainted and refurbished then? Cos when they left Cannock  the seats stank a d one was so bad it had turned turquoise!

What is your obsession with sniffing seats?

BN

Quote from: 646 on January 24, 2016, 12:55:45 PM

Oswestry seem to put a lot of heart into there vehicles, there buch of 63 reg's still look showroom.

Alex

Quote from: Bob on January 24, 2016, 10:59:56 AM
For use on which routes?

Possibly the 70, or the 60 (if it doesn't interwork with anything)
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

Ashley 60171

Quote from: BN on January 24, 2016, 01:04:14 PM
Oswestry seem to put a lot of heart into there vehicles, there buch of 63 reg's still look showroom.

They do. Given the terrain of the area, it's impressive. Like I said, worth the trek!

Another idea I've had is that maybe Cannock are losing all their Pulsars to Burton and Leicester in exchange for more Commanders and a new vehicle type. Either that or the Pulsars are just being shuffled around. But I'll leave that for you to reveal at the time BN.

Bob

Quote from: 646 on January 24, 2016, 12:55:45 PM

Sniffing em? I haven't lol you could smell the musty Ness when you sat down

Bob

Quote from: BN on January 24, 2016, 01:04:14 PM

It's a pity Cannock obviously don't. ..

Bob

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on January 24, 2016, 01:10:46 PM
They do. Given the terrain of the area, it's impressive. Like I said, worth the trek!

Another idea I've had is that maybe Cannock are losing all their Pulsars to Burton and Leicester in exchange for more Commanders and a new vehicle type. Either that or the Pulsars are just being shuffled around. But I'll leave that for you to reveal at the time BN.

Do we know they're definitely leaving though?  Maybe they're just being De branded so they can be used on anything.

LG

Ive heard all the 63 plate pulsars are going and also heard a whisper the 4 deckers are off to Thurmaston

winston

Quote from: LG on January 24, 2016, 08:47:47 PM
Ive heard all the 63 plate pulsars are going and also heard a whisper the 4 deckers are off to Thurmaston

Are newer buses being moved out of Cannock & replaced with older vehicles to cut costs?

LG

Quote from: Winston on January 24, 2016, 08:52:18 PM
Are newer buses being moved out of Cannock & replaced with older vehicles to cut costs?

A friend of mine who works there says its something to do with depreciation value of the buses

Bob

Does it basically mean Cannock is an unprofitable basket case????

winston

Quote from: LG on January 24, 2016, 09:16:38 PM
A friend of mine who works there says its something to do with depreciation value of the buses

That's where I was coming from, switching newer vehicles with older ones to reduce depreciation costs.

Operations that make lower profit margins can generally only support the operation of older buses to maintain profitability, to cover the depreciation on newer buses profit levels would need to be much higher.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk