News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Thanks Tony I had a feeling it was hourly at least some of the time.  Pity nx haven't expanded more Cannock yo Walsall could be a decent opportunity!

Westy

Had to explain the change to the 1 & 2 to someone in the bus queue at Bloxwich Saturday lunchtime.

'Basically the 1 & 2 have swopped routes between Bloxwich & Walsall & the Turnberry now has the 1 & the 2 runs up & down Stafford Road!'

(For the record I had to go to Bloxwich with Mother & while she can use her OAP pass, I had to pay the 60p extra to use my NX pass! She's 80 & can't walk far thesedays!)

BN

Quote from: Busman Jamie on September 12, 2015, 07:11:31 PM
2290 on x70 is this back on Cannocks fleet or loaned?

Just a loan Jamie.

LiamthebusGuy

Quote from: Bob on September 06, 2015, 05:07:26 PM
Decent? Streetlites are rubbish! Painfully slow, incredibly noisy, and naff gears.  Not to mention hard riding. The Commanders were better, and that's saying something considering the rotten condition they were in whilst working the 1s. Theyre better now they've had a re trim

Hate to say: As @Alex will tell you, I only like new buses... I really don't like the old Cadets/Commanders... But the Streetlights are new and I hate those as well... If I don't like a new bus, there is something VERY wrong... They just need to give the older buses a good going over and a clean up and they will be as good as new (and fit for purpose again... Except the darts: Nothing can save them)

Bob

Quote from: Liam on September 13, 2015, 11:27:35 AM
Hate to say: As @Alex will tell you, I only like new buses... I really don't like the old Cadets/Commanders... But the Streetlights are new and I hate those as well... If I don't like a new bus, there is something VERY wrong... They just need to give the older buses a good going over and a clean up and they will be as good as new (and fit for purpose again... Except the darts: Nothing can save them)

What is it about the Streetlites that you don't like?

domino.99

Quote from: Liam on September 13, 2015, 11:27:35 AM

To be honest a lot of Arriva's fleet is mechanically sound, yes a few buses are a bit off but that comes with age , I don't personally think anything needs to be done to them as they are fit for purpose as they are used every day, Just putting my opinion in.

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Dom on September 13, 2015, 02:48:33 PM
To be honest a lot of Arriva's fleet is mechanically sound, yes a few buses are a bit off but that comes with age , I don't personally think anything needs to be done to them as they are fit for purpose as they are used every day, Just putting my opinion in.

Most of the Cadets/Commanders supposedly old vehicles have been repainted/refurbished and wouldn't be on the road if they weren't noteworthy. Nice that somebody actually agrees with me @Dom .

LiamthebusGuy

Quote from: Bob on September 13, 2015, 11:51:10 AM
What is it about the Streetlites that you don't like?

@Bob they just dont seem to be up to standard... Compared with other Wright buses in arrivas fleet (Pulsars/B7s) they are just so uncomfortable... Every time I go on one I regret it because my arse is numb and I am half deaf when I get off!

Bob

I was on 3306 & found it juddery & noisy yesterday

Tony

Quote from: Liam on September 13, 2015, 08:57:02 PM
@Bob they just dont seem to be up to standard... Compared with other Wright buses in arrivas fleet (Pulsars/B7s) they are just so uncomfortable... Every time I go on one I regret it because my arse is numb and I am half deaf when I get off!

So you don't like Arriva's premium seats as they make your arse numb? presumably you don't like the E400s on the 110 as they have the same seats?

Bob

Theyre not that premium or that comfortable neither are the platinum ones. Why can't buses have coach seats? Or at least coach style.  Stagecoach manage it with their Gold brand don't they

PM

Quote from: Bob on September 13, 2015, 09:50:53 PM
Theyre not that premium or that comfortable neither are the platinum ones. Why can't buses have coach seats? Or at least coach style.  Stagecoach manage it with their Gold brand don't they

They also have comfortable high back seats on standard spec buses eg e300's on 85/685 to Carlisle.

I think esteban V3's are pretty comfortable though

Quote from: Bob on September 13, 2015, 09:50:53 PM
Yes stagecoch gold dose have them
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

LiamthebusGuy

Quote from: Tony on September 13, 2015, 09:30:15 PM
So you don't like Arriva's premium seats as they make your arse numb? presumably you don't like the E400s on the 110 as they have the same seats?

@Tony The Seats are just bearable... I find the vehicles to be a bit shaky/juddery (streetlights)

Westy

Number 2 goes back to its old daytime route in Landywood & Cheslyn Hay from this Saturday due to popular demand.

2E stays as is, as does the 1.

(Does this mean they'll actually get round to producing the leaflet now? Interesting to note that the NWM leaflet for the Brownhills to Aldridge & Birmingham corridor hasnt appeared  either & the 56 is being withdrawn soon. Conspirancy or what?)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk