News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

No. There arent any yet. Its been said on forum previously thst itll take place sept time and arriva have confirmed on their fb

Bob

A 75 decker apparently broke down between cannock and penkridge, seem to break down a fair bit these B9s! Not that old either

Trident 4194

What do Arriva use on 35 from Walsall?

Alex

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 07, 2015, 06:02:58 PM
What do Arriva use on 35 from Walsall?

Cadets, and the 35/A/X35 are Wednesfield garage, not Cannock
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

Bob

SN03 ESG was on it today with barely any passengers as usual. Not a very in demand service is it?

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Bob on July 07, 2015, 08:35:48 PM
SN03 ESG was on it today with barely any passengers as usual. Not a very in demand service is it?

Gets packed out in the peaks. I do love your ideology that buses have to be rammed all day every day. Thats what it sounds like anyway.

Bob

If its packed in the peaks, why is it funded by the council ( mornkng and/or later journeys)& why is that funding being withdraw  due to lack of patronage? I see the 7.55 am ish one near muckley corner daily and its lucky if its got a single passenger on. And once it hits Rushall etc i cant imagine the demand being huge....

Bob

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on July 07, 2015, 08:39:46 PM
Gets packed out in the peaks. I do love your ideology that buses have to be rammed all day every day. Thats what it sounds like anyway.

what is your ideology then on what makes a successful bus route? Bear in mind that almost every arriva wednesfield commercial route launched has flopped, from that id deduce theyre not particularly good at what theyre doing there unless its council subsidised /centro subsidised....

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Bob on July 07, 2015, 08:58:32 PM
If its packed in the peaks, why is it funded by the council ( mornkng and/or later journeys)& why is that funding being withdraw  due to lack of patronage? I see the 7.55 am ish one near muckley corner daily and its lucky if its got a single passenger on. And once it hits Rushall etc i cant imagine the demand being huge....

Various schools in Walsall, an industrial estate near Aldridge. When the Centros were on it, you'd get standing loads even on those most days.

Quote from: Bob on July 07, 2015, 09:20:32 PM
what is your ideology then on what makes a successful bus route? Bear in mind that almost every arriva wednesfield commercial route launched has flopped, from that id deduce theyre not particularly good at what theyre doing there unless its council subsidised /centro subsidised....

To put it simply, if the service only just broke even then it wouldn't run if it was commercially run especially when every penny counts these days. I don't believe a bus has to be rammed all the time to make money, something Tony explained a while ago.

Cheese

Quote from: Bob on July 07, 2015, 08:58:32 PM

No AM Peak journeys funded by SCC on the 35/X35. Maybe by Centro, but not SCC.

Bob

Several X35 trips are being withdrawn due to funding cuts.

@Ashley if it needed full size buses why replace them with cadets??

Bob

Two commanders on the 74/75 today. Are the volvo deckers off the road half the bloody time or what lol?

Apparently patronage on the 110 is up ten percent since upgrading to Sapphire...be interesting to see what the figures say for cannocks sapphire routes...particularly the 2/2A

Bob

Are the two remaining 61 plate pulsars staying? If not whats to replace them...

Trident 4609

Does the evening 68's come off Pye Greens now? I've seen the late night 68 every night this week and it has been a Pye Green branded Pulsar.

Bob

There wont be any more late 68s shortly. Isnt it more likely theres just several spare PG buses at night and theyre the newest general single deckers?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk