News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrifirststage

Quote from: arrifirststage on December 13, 2014, 09:41:42 AM
Quote from: Bob on December 12, 2014, 09:48:41 PM
The hellfire of a pulsar is a underpowered engine that is over revving and labouring cos the gearbox is set up craply....
Whilst nobody expects the forum to be grammatically perfect ,can we not find another description for buses other than "crap"?
And is crawly actually a word?
Serves me right.......I meant craply.

Bob

Quote from: Ashley on December 12, 2014, 09:43:11 PM
Citaros and OmniStinks dont make any noise other than a dull wump whereas Pulsars and Darts are hellfire

Citaros have got an awesome beefy growl. Smooth. Especially on the fast stretch on the X65. Just cos they dont kickdown/over rev every time the slightest bit of power is required doesn't mean theyre dull.

arrivadays

I still don't get why you make such a fuss over the looks of a bus...

I mean, if this was the case, wouldn't you have something to say about the majority of Wright's pre-millenium bodies having exactly the same style, where there's a lack of flare? What would you rather: boxy and bland designs like the Commander and Cadet; or Wright's attempts of creating a range of buses that have a sense of styling?

Furthermore, what would you prefer: a Streetlite that looks revolting but works and runs; or a bus that's 'good-looking' but breaks down constantly?
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

Bob

Commanders and cadets and the corresponding scania/volvo bodies were stylish and pretty longlived. Pulsars/solars/eclipse were good looking as well but im sorry the streetlite body is f##k ugly to the point of replusion

arrivadays

Such a fuss over nothing as far as I can see -.-
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

mikestone

Its all emperors new clothes stuff - few managers have the guts to say that what matters is capacity and legroom and order Citaros.

Tony

Quote from: mikestone on December 14, 2014, 04:45:59 PM
Its all emperors new clothes stuff - few managers have the guts to say that what matters is capacity and legroom and order Citaros.

What is all this fuss about Citaros, perhaps you ought to go and see First Manchester who are one of the few operators in the UK with a large batch of them how often they are off the road, how often they burst into flames (more than even Tridents). How they have had to redo the interior layout twice in their lives to get them right.

How often has one of Diamond's three been off the road waiting spare parts? Yes the bodywork build quality is fairly good compared to others, but they are not perfect mechanically, have just as many seats with limited legroom as others and are more expensive to operate than most.

Bob

Arriva tamworth seem to like them

Ashley

25/26 branded 3796 was on the 60/825 today with a 61 plate Pulsar on the 25/26

winston

Quote from: Bob on December 14, 2014, 05:06:36 PM

And Yourbus & McGill's

PM

Quote from: Winston on December 14, 2014, 09:18:50 PM
Quote from: Bob on December 14, 2014, 05:06:36 PM

And Yourbus & McGill's

And Go North East and Trent Barton liked them, only said the layout was less than ideal.

Preston Bus seem impressed with theirs as well.

stuartn

Kinchbus have eight EuroVI citaros and they are quite impressive as they're spacious while providing enough seats plus the overhead luggage racks are great as they allow for them to maximise capacity.

They're certainly a vast improvement over the Volvo Centros that were previously used.

Bob

Have the 55 plate darts entered use yet? They should be a slight improvement on the knackers theyve replaced

BN

Quote from: Bob on December 21, 2014, 03:51:49 PM
Have the 55 plate darts entered use yet? They should be a slight improvement on the knackers theyve replaced

Not yet they are having a lot of panel work done and I believe being MOT'd too.

Bob

Will they be joined by the rest of the batch or just the two ? Any more transfers due cannock way after Xmas?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk