News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Bob on December 10, 2014, 08:28:34 PM
Quote from: andyr on December 10, 2014, 08:19:37 AM
Following my earlier trip on the new Sapphire 2 service and not being impressed i have decided to give it another go. Bus 3309 is awful. Gearbox is horrific, wifi not working and freezing cold. On the plus side the bus is very clean and a very good driver.

Do you think maybe they might have made a naff choice with the streetlite?  Give  they're supposed to upgrade the services to a sapphire standard?  Some are slightly better than others but in general theyre crap. Terribly underpowered.

They are NOT underpowered Bob, Just because Arriva choose a fuel saving set up is nothing to do with the Streetlite. It is the same Powertrain as you can have in and Enviro 200 moving a lighter body, and despite their other failings E200s can move

mranon

e200s are gutless (if its the setup) that voith box cant make its mind up either!!!!! terrible

Tony

Quote from: mranon on December 10, 2014, 09:15:39 PM
e200s are gutless (if its the setup) that voith box cant make its mind up either!!!!! terrible

Depends on the operator's set up again. You will never get a Lynx or O405N again, nothing to do with manufacturers, so stop knocking the vehicles for not throwing passengers about.

A) companies don't want to throw passengers about
b) they want the lowest possible fuel consumption

This gutless description is just silly

Bob

Dont want to throw their passengers about? ?? Are you having a laugh Tony? Every time a streetlite accelerates and goes into kickdown passengers are jolted forward violently.....theyre awful!

Kevin

Been on an Arriva streetlite twice now, no idea what this violent kickdown is you talk about it
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Bob

Others have also commented on it...

Bob

No kickdown andy? Two old dears complained about it on the last no2 I was on

Bob

Is it the downshift that makes them feel so bloody slow also?

Bob

I dont particularly like pulsars ( no comparison btwn them and citaros/scanias/b7rles for smoothness/quietness etc) but id say they're a bit better than streetlites...esp in the looks department

andy

Quote from: Bob on December 10, 2014, 11:18:27 PM
No kickdown andy? Two old dears complained about it on the last no2 I was on

If I had all day to post everything that old dears on buses complain about I would have my own thread.

Bob

They arent brilliant, as others have commented, awful gearboxes/set up. Maybe sapphire branded pulsars  ( or even refurbished other older buses ) would have been a better choice

Bob

Have arriva completely stopped buying pulsars now?

winston

Quote from: Bob on December 10, 2014, 11:36:12 PM
Have arriva completely stopped buying pulsars now?

I'm not sure VDL have/are developing a new SB200 chassis for Euro 6

Squirrel

Nothing wrong with Streetlites.

Bob simply appears to have a vendetta against anything Arriva does.

tyresmoke

Quote from: Tony on December 10, 2014, 09:07:01 PM
Quote from: Bob on December 10, 2014, 08:28:34 PM
Quote from: andyr on December 10, 2014, 08:19:37 AM
Following my earlier trip on the new Sapphire 2 service and not being impressed i have decided to give it another go. Bus 3309 is awful. Gearbox is horrific, wifi not working and freezing cold. On the plus side the bus is very clean and a very good driver.

Do you think maybe they might have made a naff choice with the streetlite?  Give  they're supposed to upgrade the services to a sapphire standard?  Some are slightly better than others but in general theyre crap. Terribly underpowered.

They are NOT underpowered Bob, Just because Arriva choose a fuel saving set up is nothing to do with the Streetlite. It is the same Powertrain as you can have in and Enviro 200 moving a lighter body, and despite their other failings E200s can move

Stockton depot in North East (my depot) have been trialling a different gearbox map from Voith which has now been adopted across our 10 Streetlites. They pull away much quicker now, but other than that there's not much difference as they still fly up the hills etc. Maybe worth getting engineering to talk to Voith.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk