News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Spent a while in Cannock yesterday (74 from Stafford, half hour or so in the Podge & Tin looking out the window and a round trip on the Pye Green circle)...  Didn't see a single bus wrongly allocated... Just saying.
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Tony

Quote from: Kevin on November 29, 2014, 08:52:20 AM
Spent a while in Cannock yesterday (74 from Stafford, half hour or so in the Podge & Tin looking out the window and a round trip on the Pye Green circle)...  Didn't see a single bus wrongly allocated... Just saying.

One interesting thing yesterday though, the BBC were filming in Cannock Bus Station, zooming in on a 25 Pye Green circular destination and lots of other buses including Selects Y-NBB dart on the 23, I wonder if that had any influence?

Westy

Probably similar to our place.

When the Eddie Stobart series was being filmed a few years, we got contacted for permission to film on our premises.

Our company decided to move the filming to our other depot nearby because it wouldve looked better on camera, which meant I had to ring the company that Stobarts were delivering for, to check it was ok.

Some companies say if the delivery address does not match the address on the delivery note then they wont do it for insurance purposes.

Coke is one such company!

Bob

There were plenty of wrongly branded buses yesterday 3701-4 for a start

Bob

Today route 1 commanders were on 62, 68, & probably one or two on 70/76. Dont know where the three 74/75 branded pulsars were as it looked like a full complement of deckers again on the staffords.  At least three anyway!  Finally

Ashley

Quote from: Bob on November 29, 2014, 04:39:39 PM
Today route 1 commanders were on 62, 68, & probably one or two on 70/76. Dont know where the three 74/75 branded pulsars were as it looked like a full complement of deckers again on the staffords.  At least three anyway!  Finally

One was on loan to Stafford, saw it on the 12
3730 was on 70/76

Not sure about the other three

Bob

When you say on loan to stafford do you mean a pulsar?

Ashley

Quote from: Bob on November 29, 2014, 10:49:05 PM
When you say on loan to stafford do you mean a pulsar?

Yes I was referring to the debranded Pulsars, well the one at Stafford still had full 74/75 branding if that helps

Bob

Changes to route and timetables coming on 74/75, 2/2a coming up

leewhayward29

Quote from: Bob on December 01, 2014, 04:49:36 PM
Changes to route and timetables coming on 74/75, 2/2a coming up

What is the changes to 2/2A
Bus services in my local area and where I live

31 -  Walsall to Mossley via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and Dennis Trident ALX400                     

32 - Walsall to Lower Farm via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are:- Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and ADL Enviro400

69 - Walsall to Wolverhampton via Beechdale, New Invention, Wood End and New Cross Hospital. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE, Dennis Trident ALX400 and ADL Enviro200

529   - Wolverhampton to Walsall via willenhall. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses Used are:- ADL Enviro400 MMC   Dennis Trident ALX400, ADL Enviro400H   (Platinum bus service)

Bob

Dont know.  Changes listed on vosa n & p 28th nov.

Cheese

Quote from: Bob on December 01, 2014, 05:24:43 PM
Dont know.  Changes listed on vosa n & p 28th nov.

Timing changes I believe, particularly the Sunday services as far as I know.

Bob

Been to wolvestoday got BF52 NZR on a 70 there and an ex stafford pulsar on a 68 back. Someone mentioned on another post that kickdown etc can be caused by the way the gearbox is set up. Both buses but particularly the pulsar kickdown every time they pulled off or had to accelerate. Could things not be tweaked so that you don't have a bus with an engine thats constantly struggling and labouring?  It sounds awful. B7s/omnilinks /citaros dont do it or if they do they dont create the noise from hell racket that pulsars do. That aside they werent bad journeys. Caught BU51 KWM on a 31 later on.  This has got to be cannocks worst dart at the moment far worse than KWJ. The bus when idling or slowing down to turn into a street etc vibrates so badly the change was rattling in the cab! The brakes screeched bad too. Surely the times approaching to withdraw most of the batch. Terrible condition. If this was your first impression of arriva youd rate them with sunny travel etc cos its on a par with their heaps

Bob

Are they having a problem with one of the deckers ? As theres been one on pye greens all week,  thought perhaps they were keeping it local maybe

Bob

Supposed to be being resprayed and refurbished.  Hopefully never to be seen again.  Which of the two had the engine blown?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk