News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andyr

We have wheel chocks on all of our Van Hools and Starliners. One of which won coach of the year at the 2014 UK Coach rally at Alton Towers a few weeks ago..

Bob

Just out of interest andy do you remember the east lancs re bodied Tigers MRN/ Arriva used to run? Looking at one from the back their the spit of an 80s vanhool coach rear end!

andyr

Bob yes now i have looked at pictures they do look alike. I have the pleasure of one of our new starliners at the moment, they are a fantastic coach. If only we could apply Parrys values to the bus industry. I think Lothian Buses would be the bench mark..

Bob

Yea definitely.  A lot of people think private sector best public bad but look at Lothian and Nottingham! 

Bob

Seen V426 DGT in cannock looking a state with Arriva Midlands on blinds and a piece of A4 with walsall on it stuck in the window.  Still got its vault so hopefully it's just a loan

arrivadays

This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

arrivaaston

Exact fair vault mate as she's borrowed from Wednesfield, saw earlier broken down in Heath Hayes but now back up and running :-)

Bob

Here a day and broken down already.....

andyr

No pride or even a hint of wanting to get things right. A real pity as when in Liverpool a few weeks ago the Arriva fleet was immaculate. You can only judge any fleet by there worst bus/coach and the West Midlands must be Arriva low point.

PM

Quote from: andyr on May 28, 2014, 06:55:01 PM
No pride or even a hint of wanting to get things right. A real pity as when in Liverpool a few weeks ago the Arriva fleet was immaculate. You can only judge any fleet by there worst bus/coach and the West Midlands must be Arriva low point.

Liverpool must bring in a lot of money. Everywhere you look its sb200's that are under 5 years old. Guess Stagecoach keep them on their toes as well ;)

andyr

Having a monoply in Cannock i dont see how they cant make money there.

Bob

Exactly, they can be as crap as they want in cannock,  cos theres is no and probably never will be any competition,  and wednesfield well, thats just a bit of a joke lol, never to be taken seriously :-P

arrivadays

I must say, Telford's maintenance on the 59-plate Pulsars appears very bad - there was one that pulled up on the bus stop outside of my house and the vibrating was so severe, and that was hearing it from my window.
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

Bob

Pulsars being lightweight buses probably arent designed to withstand loads of heavy urban work.  Cannocks examples are 52 plate on the 1 and are really rough and knackered.  FT06 ZTE is actually the worst sounding though,  never heard anything like it!

arrivadays

Saw a vid of it on youtube - sounds very poorly :(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk