News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Hmmmm I dunno tony? Have you seen the youtube videos?  Theyre rattly, very very noisy, they make a sb200 sound like a trolleybus lol. Point being 7 is not a very large batch, that is what cannock are having. Ive been told most darts are staying.  IMO arriva still provide a poor service in cannock.  Saturday night was the second time in a month the 70ddidn't come because of breakdowns!  A lady made a complaint on their fb page that she'd had to evidence arrivas reply about her evening bus not turning up ( no 2 I think) at work to avoid receiving a disciplinary cause shed been late so many times!

Bob

The 1240 74 from stafford hasnt turned up leaving a massive queue.  Another breakdown anyone? How do they get awy with providing such crap service? ???

Bob

The 68 broke down also, leaving passengers stranded for an hour.  It also broke down the other day.  Along with 2 pye greens in a row, a 2 to walsall and a 33. This was all on tuesday apart from todays 68/74. Its not so bad on a service like the pye greens as theyre regular but awful for people on the hourly services. 

Trident 4609

Quote from: bob on May 22, 2014, 04:47:07 PM
The 68 broke down also, leaving passengers stranded for an hour.  It also broke down the other day.  Along with 2 pye greens in a row, a 2 to walsall and a 33. This was all on tuesday apart from todays 68/74. Its not so bad on a service like the pye greens as theyre regular but awful for people on the hourly services.

That explains why one of the ex 74/5 branded SB200's is now on the 68

Bob

Terrible service.  Theyve got a lot of elderly and very unreliable buses, which get used on the interurban routes and when they break down daily causes disruption.  I dont know why they put new buses on pye greens tbh? Surely its better to have the worst buses on it as theyre easy to get to when they inevitably break? And use newer more reliable vehicles on the longer and less frequent services.  The pye greens are the scummy routes anyway that go through the rough areas so doesn't really matter whats on them theyd make money regardless.

cheshire exile

Quote from: Tony on May 21, 2014, 10:02:15 PM
Quote from: bob on May 21, 2014, 09:50:45 PM
A large new batch????? 7 crap streetlites. ...

A lot of operators seem to be repeat ordering Streetlites, so cannot be that bad. First, when they do order new buses, do tend to go for the better ones, and they seem to like them
I can only repeat my view that having ridden a considerable number of the First Manchester Streetlites on the Wilmslow Road past the University - very busy - that you will be pleasantly surprised at the Streetlites when they arrive. The First vehicles are high spec and very comfortable - in my opinion.

arrivaaston

Just spotted 2266 Y266YBC leave Cannock Bus Station and heading towards Cannock depot, loan or transfer?

Bob

Faulty handbrake on W109 EWU yesterday driver said it wasnt holding the bus and it was rolling forward/back. I said about the crap complacent answers you get off arriva on fb when you complain about buses constantly breaking down ie "all our buses are vosa inspected every 30 days" she laughed and said "yea right they only check certain things". Lol

Trident 4609

3797 seen in Wolverhampton this morning on Rail Replacement duties to Telford Central Station

3798 was also out yesterday

andy

Quote from: Bob on May 24, 2014, 03:09:18 PM
Faulty handbrake on W109 EWU yesterday driver said it wasnt holding the bus and it was rolling forward/back. I said about the crap complacent answers you get off arriva on fb when you complain about buses constantly breaking down ie "all our buses are vosa inspected every 30 days" she laughed and said "yea right they only check certain things". Lol

If that is the case she should have stopped where she was and called for assistance immediately as the vehicle was unroadworthy. From what you are saying, she didn't?

Bob

No she didnt. I got off by the mander centre ( it was the hourly 70 that gos round town not the alternate one that comes in as a 76. She drove off, maybe she called when she got to the main terminus round the corner by the uni).

Dodgy. Its a bit like that dart whos brakes failed on the zebra crossing in Hednesford.  Its not like theyd be unaware ofW109 eewu being a problem bus though its broken down twice in a day previously and broke down every other day one week, its the one that got left in bus stn overnight recently.  Maybe they didn't think it was worth the expense of having it towed lol

Bob

Although im a bit biased cos I like the b10ble thats got to be one of the worst buses. It makes a weird noise totally unlike a volvo and sounds incredibly bad. The groaning noise it makes is so loud you cant hear the voith. W107 ewu is the best of the 3

andy

As a PCV licence holder I would not move a vehicle which the handbrake was not operating on. I would sit there with my foot on the brake and call for assistance. If drivers don't report defects and drive unroadworthy vehicles, mechanics and managers have no chance.

Bob

Quote from: andy on May 27, 2014, 02:51:37 PM
As a PCV licence holder I would not move a vehicle which the handbrake was not operating on. I would sit there with my foot on the brake and call for assistance. If drivers don't report defects and drive unroadworthy vehicles, mechanics and managers have no chance.

If that was the case at cannock half the fleet would be off the road lol. I remember v338mbv in lichfield with its front bumper tied on with string, that dart that the brakes went on was T51 JJF.some drivers had refused to take it out it was that bad....

Tony

Quote from: andy on May 27, 2014, 02:51:37 PM

I would actually prefer to drive a bus with a defective handbrake back to garage than park it and have to sit for ages with a foot on the brake.

Of course in the old days you would just put it close to the kerb, knock it out of gear. Turn the wheels into the kerb to stop it rolling and then chock the back wheel.  Whatever happened to wheel chocks?. Midland Red brass ones where the best!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk