News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

D&G Bus

Started by arrivaaston, September 14, 2012, 11:54:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

l.murphy123

Quote from: Grinder on May 16, 2020, 04:50:50 PM
Staffordshire CC in their wisdom resurfaced the road under the bridges at Little Haywood which stopped the Arriva buses getting under them.  Arriva then re-routed the 825 from the Wolsey Bridge junction along the A51 to the top end of Great Haywood and then down through Gt Haywood, Little Haywood and Colwich to rejoin the A51 to Rugeley.  At the same time they reduced the frequency to hourly and introduced an 826 service that missed out the loop and went straight from Wolsey Bridge to Rugeley.
It was at this time that D & G re-routed their 841 to miss out Tixall and Great Haywood which now goes straight to Weston via the Tixall Road in Stafford and the new estates in that area.

Thanks. I knew all about the resurfacing and 826 but was unsure about the 841. Nice area.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Jack D

Any confirmation of X41 running again from 4th July?

mikestone

X41 starting on 27th July.

mikestone

Now showing on bus times.org - including ex Preston Streetlites 60/1 CRZ7495 DRZ4018. I believe there may be a third.

evo mark

Has anyone heard when they will be sending the buses to the cannock garage when they will take over arriva

Grinder

They take over the operation on the 10th January and as Arriva don't run any services out of Cannock on a Sunday I think it can be assumed that the re-branding of those Arriva buses being kept and those added will be done on the Saturday night / Sunday.

Pat

Quote from: Grinder on January 01, 2021, 10:32:50 AM
They take over the operation on the 10th January and as Arriva don't run any services out of Cannock on a Sunday I think it can be assumed that the re-branding of those Arriva buses being kept and those added will be done on the Saturday night / Sunday.
It takes much longer than that to rebrand a fleet of buses

Tony

Quote from: Pat on January 01, 2021, 10:59:48 AM

Should be able to do Cannock depot in a day, Go-Ahead did Manchester overnight/Sunday and that included running a service on the Sunday

Westy

Quote from: Tony on January 01, 2021, 11:10:23 AM
Should be able to do Cannock depot in a day, Go-Ahead did Manchester overnight/Sunday and that included running a service on the Sunday

It'll be interesting to see what Mark Fitchew makes of it all in a future blog.

Solo1

42 ex arriva buses that  need to have d&g  logos on  on the whole fleet will be in as arriva dont run on Sundays  in cannock

Stu

Quote from: Pat on January 01, 2021, 10:59:48 AM

Well, yes a full rebrand with repaint would take longer, but in the interim it would be enough to just remove the Arriva logos and apply some temporary new D&G / Chaserider decals.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

Does D & G and / or Chaserider have a social media presence?

Would I be correct in thinking all the Cannock stuff will go in this thread initially, or will there be a separate Chaserider thread?

Edit - Found them on Twitter https://twitter.com/ChaseriderBus, but haven't found Facebook yet!

Stu

Quote from: Westy on January 03, 2021, 09:55:56 PM
Does D & G and / or Chaserider have a social media presence?

Would I be correct in thinking all the Cannock stuff will go in this thread initially, or will there be a separate Chaserider thread?

Edit - Found them on Twitter https://twitter.com/ChaseriderBus, but haven't found Facebook yet!

If you want to start a Chaserider thread then feel free to do so.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BusMan Greg

Am I correct in saying D&G used the former Stephensons of Uttoxeter site, Spath at one point?

busfan2847

Quote from: BusMan Greg on January 20, 2021, 11:28:15 PM
Am I correct in saying D&G used the former Stephensons of Uttoxeter site, Spath at one point?

Yes they did. It appears to have closed in 2015 along with a depot in Longton, maybe associated with the purchase of Arriva Wardle and returning to their Adderley Green base?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk