News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Started by Lukeee, August 10, 2012, 07:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lukeee

Was on 1480 a couple weeks ago and noticed it has 3 different designs on the seats, most have the standard earlier refurb moquette used on the B10Ls along with one or two seat cushions in the newer style blue moquette (the type used on the first batch of omnilinks). The third is the original moquette that the B10Ls were delivered in (one seat cushion remains like this).

Does anybody know any other NXWM vehicles with three or more different seat patterns or why 1480 still has one seat cushion in the original moquette?

John

They have been replaced out of withdrawn vehicles (B6LE, B10B, B10L's), or repaired with the only available moquette at the time after the original has worn out, or been vandalised. When 1480 was refurbed, all of the seats wound have been done in the TWM light blue moquette.

Plenty of AG Gemini's have a mix of as delivered lighter blue moquette and the newer darker blue. Also, when 4035 was reinstated to BC, I noticed that the fold down buggy seats were still in the light blue TWM moquette. Not sure about any others with 3 sets.

Trident 4609

There are a couple of excels with different seat covers. 4561 has one seat which is one of the pull down seats that has the newer style moquette (On earlier omnilinks,enviros and not long ago recent refurbs) with the rest the moquette it was delivered in. Not nececceraly NXWM but Midland(As from now on Arriva have different Moquette on almost every seat

Ashley

1703 is one Merc I can think of that still has original moquette, Many other buses have a mix mash of seat covers from every era

D10

I can remember travelling on a Wolverhampton Metrobus of the final batch on the 126. Can't recall the fleetnumber sadly but it had a mixture of the brown seat cushions that they had had when new, some in the orange moquette and some in the then new blue moquette too. It looked a right mess believe me!

There may have been others of this batch 2975-3124 that were in a similar state too.

John

A lot of the old MK2A's did have a mixture, the ones that were sold around 2004, before the main refurbs of MK2A, with the influx of PL Trident's, the grey they had from new (http://www.flickr.com/photos/mc2493/6268968310/), and WMT patch ups.

I think it was 2988 that had a seat with the old castle moquette downstairs right up until 2004, maybe later.

MW

Most of the Outer Circle Geminis have the two Travel West Midlands type trims. Most of the back seats are in new trim. I can't remember if it's a President or Gemini, but one seat is in the new grey trim.

Ashley

It was 2988 John. 3077 had one old seat at the front downstairs right until withdrawal in 2009 so that seat might either now be at pvs or somewhere in miller street

John

I know it is not an NXWM bus, but how about this. First Olympian 34825 has more than 5 different moquettes on it, seen here.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/55059449@N06/6345452190

Ashley

Got on 1480 on the 71A (August 25th). It seems to be making sounds like worn Metrobuses used to make. Does anybody know exactly when it will be withdrawn?

Lukeee

Its true, sounding very rough now, with squeaky brakes. Shame to see it go though as it was possibly my fav B10L.

Stu

There were a couple of B10Ls (when at Acocks Green) that did sound like the old Metrobuses, probably why I enjoyed travelling on them, 1480 was possibly one of them.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BU07 LGO

I think somtimes the B7 ALX sound a bit like metrobuses when theyre going quick and start breaking!

Tony

Quote from: BU07 LGO on August 26, 2012, 05:03:58 PM
I think somtimes the B7 ALX sound a bit like metrobuses when theyre going quick and start breaking!

I hope you mean braking! breaking is something completely different.

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Tony on August 26, 2012, 05:11:45 PM
Quote from: BU07 LGO on August 26, 2012, 05:03:58 PM

I hope you mean braking! breaking is something completely different.

Yeah I do! Worst thing is i corrected someone for that on another forum a few days ago!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk