News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Optare Solo - The Marmite Bus

Started by Wumpty, January 24, 2023, 08:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

QuoteDiamond used 2 hybrid optares on the X30 in Coventry - I think possibly to win the route contract and use 'green environment' transport when the service was first started ?
They were always breaking down.
The versas were new for the 56, but moved to Signature branded stuff and also replaced X30 branded MCVs

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

B61 ANDREW

Just a plus vote for the 55 plate Diamond Solo that I travelled on earlier - 202 from Rubery to Bromsgrove. I would imagine this vehicle has a fair few miles on the clock but it went well and no really loud rattles.   And also a spirited climb up Rose Hill for anyone who knows the route !  I guess that the next Solo I travel on could well be the opposite  . . . . . 

Trident 4194

20870 is a great solo. I think it has the same engines that 20731*- 4 solos had. They've got some real acceleration and I wish they weren't mostly withdrawn now. 

The Mercedes engined solos on the other hand are dreadful. 20740 etc. 

I travelled on 20912 on the 202 yesterday and had no complaints 

Rachvince53

Quote from: Lukeee on January 26, 2023, 10:59:46 PMBelieve these were versas and not solos
Yes they were indeed Versas.  They carried the Signature brand and were based at Redditch I believe. It was reported out of service with Cumfybus in 2020.

Bob

On a plus point, theyre great for legroom if youre tall like me, compared to say a Chaserider single door Streetlite where ypir knees are almost up your neck ( weirdly their two door ones have loads of legroom!),downside is Cannocks examples are really unreliable. Maybe its a combination of their age and using them on punishimg interurban work? Even when new they were only intended for Derby locals

Lukeee

Take if you've never drove a solo, cabs aren't the roomiest 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk