News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Predictions for 2023

Started by EK40, December 30, 2022, 03:14:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rachvince53

Quote from: Stu on January 02, 2023, 06:03:37 PMThe 144A service - I can only assume that NX were awarded a further 6 month extension to this contract by WCC, which by my estimation should be up for renewal at the end of April.

I predict that NX will either decline to renew the contract (which will then be picked up by another operator), or they will finally incorporate it into one of their existing services, perhaps as an hourly extension of the 45 or 47.

I would guess Diamond or Kevs would be interested or perhaps Stagecoach if NX don't bid for it.

BBS

QuoteI would guess Diamond or Kevs would be interested or perhaps Stagecoach if NX don't bid for it.
Either Diamond or Stagecoach 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

don

Quote from: BBS on January 02, 2023, 11:05:54 PMEither Diamond or Stagecoach
They would need vehicles and drivers to run it. Rather a trek from Rugby for Stagecoach - you wouldn't imagine the tender, if won, to be very cost effective with such dead time.

I would have thought NXWM would try and keep it?
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

BBS

QuoteThey would need vehicles and drivers to run it. Rather a trek from Rugby for Stagecoach - you wouldn't imagine the tender, if won, to be very cost effective with such dead time.

Stagecoach are already running multiple Birmingham services from a very far depot in Rugby which counts alot of mileage too. If they manage to get a depot near the area that will be alot mode benefitting for them
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

B61 ANDREW

I can only wish for the 144 to return , taking the 144a to Rubery then the 63 to Brum seems to take ages . . . . . .  :cry:

MasterPlan

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on January 03, 2023, 01:23:30 PMI can only wish for the 144 to return , taking the 144a to Rubery then the 63 to Brum seems to take ages . . . . . .  :cry:

I wonder whether an hourly limited stop X64 City to Bromsgrove would be viable? It might help with easing loadings on the 63s.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Sandy Lane

Another idea for Coventry from me.

With SC getting more routes in Coventry could SC also have their eyes on the NXC 85 (was an MDC service) route to Rugby? SC have been running the Sunday service for a while anyway and also have the 86 route to Rugby.

paulb1973

Quote from: Sandy Lane on January 04, 2023, 03:23:51 PMAnother idea for Coventry from me.

With SC getting more routes in Coventry could SC also have their eyes on the NXC 85 (was an MDC service) route to Rugby? SC have been running the Sunday service for a while anyway and also have the 86 route to Rugby.
It depends if NXC run this commercially or all or part of the service is tendered. If it is the former then it would rely on NX giving up a run-for-profit service.

Rachvince53

Quote from: paulb1973 on January 04, 2023, 05:29:36 PMIt depends if NXC run this commercially or all or part of the service is tendered. If it is the former then it would rely on NX giving up a run-for-profit service.

It's supported according to VOSA.

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Rachvince53 on January 04, 2023, 05:46:06 PMIt's supported according to VOSA.
Its part funded by WCC i believe
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

markcf83

Quote from: BBS on January 03, 2023, 12:39:39 AMStagecoach are already running multiple Birmingham services from a very far depot in Rugby which counts alot of mileage too. If they manage to get a depot near the area that will be alot mode benefitting for them
I suspect finding a base in the West Midlands and nearer to Birmingham itself is now a priority.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

EK40

Quote from: don on January 03, 2023, 12:29:01 AMThey would need vehicles and drivers to run it. Rather a trek from Rugby for Stagecoach - you wouldn't imagine the tender, if won, to be very cost effective with such dead time.

if they did take the 144A before the depot opens for whatever reason i doubt they'd run it from rugby tbh probably from stratford to bromsgrove or interworking with the X19 in redditch until they can open their depot

Ginger66

Long shot, Andy Street will announce plans to reopen Sutton Town station  linking Walsall to Sutton via rail.

Stuharris 6360

Did anyone predict this for the forum, " Most Online Ever: 413 (Yesterday at 08:44:43 AM) " what happened yesterday morning to warrant this, I mean today 4535 is on loan to BC and at the moment only 57 online,
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

ellspurs

Probably a botnet or something. That usually causes those figures to spike.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk