News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Predictions for 2023

Started by EK40, December 30, 2022, 03:14:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginger66

Quote from: Westy on December 30, 2022, 10:56:00 PMOr another problem with the trams themselves!
More metro predictions
1) line will close for 4 months while the delta junction linking Wolvo/Brum to Dudley
2) 1 or 2  new depots will be constructed in either Dudley or Brum to incorporate the expanded fleet.
3) either 19/34/(49 not yet delivered) to have special livery for Wolverhampton extension opening of cream and green.

markcf83

Quote from: Rachvince53 on December 30, 2022, 05:34:26 PMAnyone think we might go the Manchester route and introduce franchises? 
No. Remember that both Rotala and Stagecoach opposed the franchising agreement......
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Coventrybususer95

That nxc will have a big batch of single decker electric buses to replace the e200/ B7RLES delivery late 23
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Rachvince53

Quote from: markcf83 on December 31, 2022, 09:16:51 AMNo. Remember that both Rotala and Stagecoach opposed the franchising agreement......
That didn't stop Manchester going ahead.

Ginger66

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on December 31, 2022, 09:42:54 AMThat nxc will have a big batch of single decker electric buses to replace the e200/ B7RLES delivery late 23
NX will open an new garage in Oldbury to replace West Bromwich garage to cater for future electric/hydrogen buses 

ellspurs

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on December 31, 2022, 09:42:54 AMThat nxc will have a big batch of single decker electric buses to replace the e200/ B7RLES delivery late 23
Don't they only need enough to cover the 20B route?

Tony

QuoteNX will open an new garage in Oldbury to replace West Bromwich garage to cater for future electric/hydrogen buses
That's one that can be ruled out! It takes a lot longer than a year to find land, get planning permission and build a garage

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: ellspurs on December 31, 2022, 03:24:06 PMDon't they only need enough to cover the 20B route?
I believe also the 2 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on December 31, 2022, 03:59:27 PMI believe also the 2
Bus times says currently 2 double deck Gemini on there.
20B has a low brldge on Woodshires Road. so can't have deckers. That was the point I think.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

ellspurs

What necessitates the 2 to have single decker buses? The bridges on Albany Road don't have height markers on them, and the other roads look wide enough for a decker (I've been up most of them in my truck).

Torrington Avenue used to be served by deckers all the time as well - I remember the 192/194 going up/down Westcotes and Eastcotes.

I used to have a relative live right by that bridge on Woodshires Road (the old Longford Rail Station). When the (old) 20A started to go up there when they introduced PrimeLines, I seemed to be the only one taking advantage of the Hail and Ride that it used to start with.

Stu

Quote from: ellspurs on December 31, 2022, 03:24:06 PMDon't they only need enough to cover the 20B route?
I don't think the single decks will be replaced with electrics until late 2024, and even so, there won't be as many as Coventry currently have. Who even knows, maybe with some rerouting of the 20B or another route, there may not even be any requirement for single-deck vehicles?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

ellspurs

Quote from: Stu on December 31, 2022, 04:29:38 PMI don't think the single decks will be replaced with electrics until late 2024, and even so, there won't be as many as Coventry currently have. Who even knows, maybe with some rerouting of the 20B or another route, there may not even be any requirement for single-deck vehicles?
The only way to avoid that bridge is to curtail the 20B at Oban Road (like they used to) but then the housing on Wilsons Lane would lose their bus. The road under the bridge has already been lowered by the looks of it, but the height restriction has been reduced to 12' 9" (it was 13' 0" the last time I was staying there).

Coventrybususer95

Cv will split all cross city routes in a bid to stop people complaining about buses being late/ not turning up

Stu

Quote from: Tony on December 31, 2022, 03:44:10 PMThat's one that can be ruled out! It takes a lot longer than a year to find land, get planning permission and build a garage
I think it's more likely some sort of announcement will be made this year about the potential replacements for the Birmingham Central garage. I don't think either would be open and operational this year, but I like to think that the new Perry Barr garage has given NX some food for thought as to how any new garage would be set up.
My locals:

Stu

The 144A service - I can only assume that NX were awarded a further 6 month extension to this contract by WCC, which by my estimation should be up for renewal at the end of April.

I predict that NX will either decline to renew the contract (which will then be picked up by another operator), or they will finally incorporate it into one of their existing services, perhaps as an hourly extension of the 45 or 47.
My locals:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk