News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Stagecoach in Birmingham

Started by monkeyjoe, December 08, 2022, 10:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBS

QuoteJust to clarify, what Swift card do you have?
It's a Swift card including zone 1-5, along with a add-on which includes rugby 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Secondary trigger 28

I have an nbus card and it plays up as well only works on certain stagecoach  buses.

BBS

QuoteI have an nbus card and it plays up as well only works on certain stagecoach  buses.
Mine worked perfectly fine on the Nuneaton buses 

Isle of Stroma

QuoteI have an nbus card and it plays up as well only works on certain stagecoach  buses.

Unlike on NX/Diamond etc buses (where you hold the card on the reader), try holding the card 2-3 inches over the sensor.

- Works for me every time on Stagecoach Rugby vehicles  :wink:

Isle of Stroma

[EDIT] - & Nuneaton vehicles.

BBS

QuoteUnlike on NX/Diamond etc buses (where you hold the card on the reader), try holding the card 2-3 inches over the sensor.

- Works for me every time on Stagecoach Rugby vehicles  :wink:
Let's have a try!

Westy

Do they use the same machines as Diamond?

Quote from: Westy on October 01, 2023, 11:43:31 AMDo they use the same machines as Diamond?
No.
Diamond, First, Arriva have ticketer. Stagecoach don't.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

EK40

Quote from: Westy on October 01, 2023, 11:43:31 AMDo they use the same machines as Diamond?
stagecoach uses vix machines which i think only stagecoach uses

suavegarv

Quote from: EK40 on October 01, 2023, 01:14:58 PMstagecoach uses vix machines which i think only stagecoach uses
There're a lot slower than Init to issue tickets when paying by cash or contactless.

BusDriverBosh

Quote from: suavegarv on October 01, 2023, 11:11:21 PMThere're a lot slower than Init to issue tickets when paying by cash or contactless.
I thought they were quite quick when I was a driver for leamington 
Bus Driver
X2 - Birmingham ➡️ Solihull Station
X12 - Birmingham ➡️ Solihull Station
X13 - Birmingham ➡️ Chelmsley Wood

Rachvince53

Quote from: EK40 on October 01, 2023, 01:14:58 PMstagecoach uses vix machines which i think only stagecoach uses
According to my search on the Web, Centrebus,  Grant Palmer and Big Lemon use vix machines too

ellspurs

I saw an A9 today travelling along the Chester Road towards Kingshurst. I was amused to see branding on the side of the bus, although I couldn't work out which branding it was. Looking at bustimes, it seems that it is the "D1/D2/D3" branded 37064.

Which brings me onto the 48 branded buses at Nuneaton. The 48 as its stated route hasn't existed since around the start of Covid, and the 148 started in April.

I haven't seen any attempt for them to change the branding on these, just a few have been repainted.

Danthebusman

Quote from: ellspurs on October 16, 2023, 04:57:34 PMI saw an A9 today travelling along the Chester Road towards Kingshurst. I was amused to see branding on the side of the bus, although I couldn't work out which branding it was. Looking at bustimes, it seems that it is the "D1/D2/D3" branded 37064.

Which brings me onto the 48 branded buses at Nuneaton. The 48 as its stated route hasn't existed since around the start of Covid, and the 148 started in April.

I haven't seen any attempt for them to change the branding on these, just a few have been repainted.
Even just debranding the Gold MMCs would be better than branding a route that no longer exists.

markcf83

Might have asked this before so apologies if so,but can nBus tickets be bought on Stagecoach buses in Coventry? 
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk