News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Stagecoach in Birmingham

Started by monkeyjoe, December 08, 2022, 10:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: Ginger66 on December 11, 2022, 10:54:10 AMI thought the NX 82/87 was going to be part of sprint route 2. 
How is that relevant to Stagecoach?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

QuoteI thought the NX 82/87 was going to be part of sprint route 2. 
Who says they aren't?

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Stu on December 10, 2022, 05:49:21 PM41 - QE Hospital to Heartlands Hospital - no change to route
46 - QE Hospital to Kings Heath - partly replaces withdrawn 48 route from QE to Northfield, then reverse of current 46 route to Hawkesley, extended to Kings Heath via Brandwood End to replace withdrawn 69 service
169 - Kings Heath to Shirley, mostly replaces withdrawn 69 service and operates via Solihull town centre
A9 - Kingshurst to Blythe Valley Business Park, replaces withdrawn 58 service, extends to Blythe Valley via Monkspath Hall Road and Creynolds Lane.

I'm wondering where the 46 and 169 are going use a terminus in Kings Heath, I know All Saints Road was used as a terminus but that was years ago and I don't think that can be used now.

SO6597

Quote from: Steve3229vp on December 11, 2022, 12:01:06 PMI'm wondering where the 46 and 169 are going use a terminus in Kings Heath, I know All Saints Road was used as a terminus but that was years ago and I don't think that can be used now.
Possibly interworked? If so, the stops at the end of Vicarage Rd would be the obvious place.

Stu

Quote from: Steve3229vp on December 11, 2022, 12:01:06 PMI'm wondering where the 46 and 169 are going use a terminus in Kings Heath, I know All Saints Road was used as a terminus but that was years ago and I don't think that can be used now.
The 46 should do the 'loop' via Heathfield Road, Springfield Road and Poplar Road to terminate on High Street (Institute Road).

The 169 should do a 'loop' via Heathfield Road and Melton Road to terminate on Institute Road.

If Stagecoach are planning to interwork the services, then there may end up being a revision of the final routes in Kings Heath, we'll know this when the timetables and route details are confirmed and published.
My locals:

SO6597

Poplar Rd wouldn't be an option as it has modal filters halfway down as part of the LTN scheme in Kings Heath. 

ellspurs

All Saints Road could technically still be used, but the buses would have to turn right instead of kinking to the left. Oh and also fight their way through the cars (although it looks like the buses had to do that when they last used it around 2009).

Mike K

Quote from: ellspurs on December 11, 2022, 03:18:54 PMAll Saints Road could technically still be used, but the buses would have to turn right instead of kinking to the left. Oh and also fight their way through the cars (although it looks like the buses had to do that when they last used it around 2009).
This was the route the old route 2 (Kings Heath to Selly Oak, later Weoley Castle - that eventually got swallowed up into the 69) and the 27 used to take, turning right out of All Saints Road onto Abbots Road. The 165 Chelmsley Wood route and the 164 that replaced it used to continue down All Saints Road and onto Howard Road - now no longer possible. 

I used to like that All Saints Road terminus as a kid, you'd see an interesting variety of buses laying over there.

SO6597

Quote from: Mike K on December 11, 2022, 06:22:18 PMThis was the route the old route 2 (Kings Heath to Selly Oak, later Weoley Castle - that eventually got swallowed up into the 69) and the 27 used to take, turning right out of All Saints Road onto Abbots Road. The 165 Chelmsley Wood route and the 164 that replaced it used to continue down All Saints Road and onto Howard Road - now no longer possible.

I used to like that All Saints Road terminus as a kid, you'd see an interesting variety of buses laying over there.
Interestingly, when MRW operated the tendered evening journeys on the 69 that terminated in All Saints Rd, they continued onto Howard Rd and then did a loop along the Alcester Rd and then back onto Vicarage Rd rather than turning immediately right onto Abbots Road (unlike the 27). 

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Ginger66 on December 11, 2022, 10:54:10 AMI thought the NX 82/87 was going to be part of sprint route 2. 
They didn't say nx 82/87 , I think they were referring to the solihull 82/87

Sandy Lane

Rachvince53

However the Birmingham timetable info is not yet on the website.

Stu

Quote from: Rachvince53 on December 14, 2022, 06:01:17 PMHowever the Birmingham timetable info is not yet on the website.
There is no Birmingham section yet, it will need to be added. :rolleyes:
My locals:

Jack D

Stu

Quote from: Jack D on December 17, 2022, 01:37:51 PMAny timetables yet?
Timetables for 41 and 46 are now on the TfWM website.
My locals:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk