News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus Services axed/changed from 1st January 2023

Started by 2206, October 11, 2022, 07:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metrocity

Quote from: winston on January 10, 2023, 09:33:45 PMThat's a very pretty poor turnaround by TfWM, two months after the changes.... they've had months to get all this place. They only gave operators two weeks notice of Tender awards inc Christmas Break in some instances....
Agreed - they should give responsibility back to the operators seeing as they carry the revenue risk !

Westy

Quote from: metrocity on January 10, 2023, 09:44:25 PMAgreed - they should give responsibility back to the operators seeing as they carry the revenue risk !
Then if there's multiple operators on the route,  you might only get the one operators details,  unless the operator concerned does the stops where they are the only operator, & TfWm do the multiple operator stops.

SO6597

Quote from: 2206 on January 10, 2023, 07:16:27 PMThats what the X21 does serving Selly Oak and Weoley Castle linking them to the QE. Probably why it skips them out.  The old 48 route originally skirted Selly Oak and left that to the X21 anyway. Also it might spare an extra bus having to be used even possibly I would guess.

Likewise flags still show 58 & 69. And the withdrawn 89 service in the Erdington area along stretches of road no longer served.
I suppose the point I'm getting at is that there are few obvious points on the route between the QE and Northfield where there may be demand or where the route creates natural links but I guess TfWM had data that suggested otherwise?

Purely for sentimental reasons, I like the fact that Shenley Fields Rd is being served again - a rich history of BCT and WMPTE, MRW and WMT there.

hlliwmai

Quote from: metrocity on January 10, 2023, 09:08:41 PMTFWM have confirmed that all roadside information will be updated and in place by end of February.

That's a bit bad for example the bus stop round the back of the big Asda in Great Barr still has 89 & 424 on the flag and also still has the timetable on it as well.

and by what you say it will still be the same until TfWM pull there finger out and change the flag & timetable to "Not in Use".

Steve3229vp

I think moving the bus stop at Perry Barr for inward city bound for services 934-7 and 997 to the new slip road instead of opposite One Stop/Railway station is a bad one. For a brief period since the completion of the roadworks all the city bound services were all in the same place. If this is to speed them up I can't see how

markcf83

Quote from: winston on January 10, 2023, 09:33:45 PMThat's a very pretty poor turnaround by TfWM, two months after the changes.... they've had months to get all this place. They only gave operators two weeks notice of Tender awards inc Christmas Break in some instances....
Shocking in fact.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

sonic84

It's frustrating that the up to date network maps are also not yet available on the website yet either 

Rachvince53

Quote from: hlliwmai on January 11, 2023, 12:24:12 AMThat's a bit bad for example the bus stop round the back of the big Asda in Great Barr still has 89 & 424 on the flag and also still has the timetable on it as well.

and by what you say it will still be the same until TfWM pull there finger out and change the flag & timetable to "Not in Use".
Now that the stop in Stourbridge High Street in the town centre is back in use, given it took them three months to change it to not in use and longer to remove the timetable from the stop, how long will it take to put it right?

Ginger66

I have already seen a petition online to bring  back the NX 42 so it's a joint route.  

But both 42/43 follow the same route to at least Powis Av.   From West Bromwich so there should be no problems with bus till that part of the route.

Even wanted to get to Dudley you can link with the 11 there or 11a on St Marks Road.  

Stu

Quote from: Ginger66 on January 23, 2023, 08:26:44 PMI have already seen a petition online to bring  back the NX 42 so it's a joint route. 

But both 42/43 follow the same route to at least Powis Av.  From West Bromwich so there should be no problems with bus till that part of the route.

Even wanted to get to Dudley you can link with the 11 there or 11a on St Marks Road. 

But it's still a 'joint route', just now one operator runs all journeys on each route. The two operators still accept each others tickets, so passengers aren't losing out at all. Seems like a pointless petition to me.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Ginger66

Quote from: Stu on January 23, 2023, 08:35:10 PMBut it's still a 'joint route', just now one operator runs all journeys on each route. The two operators still accept each others tickets, so passengers aren't losing out at all. Seems like a pointless petition to me.
I tried explaining to the guy who started it's done to improve reliability due to driver shortage coming out of COVID and it fell on deaf ears.  

Westy

Surprised they haven't tried that trick with the WA 31/32?

Ginger66

Was there ever a consultation with passengers on what they want.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Ginger66 on January 24, 2023, 04:31:13 AMWas there ever a consultation with passengers on what they want.
No point, most of the suggestions would have needed more buses and drivers. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk