News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Service Changes From 30th October 2022

Started by BK63 YWP, September 23, 2022, 08:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterPlan

Quote from: monkeyjoe on October 21, 2022, 07:08:52 PMSo after increasing services, they are being reduced again? Is this driver shortages or just bus usage not recovering ?

Most of them are only by 1-3 mins though. Bit of a difference between that and sayba 20 min frequency becoming 30 mins or 30 becoming 60.

I am curious also to know the reasoning though.

Quote from: Mike K on October 22, 2022, 12:12:06 AMThe NXWM website refers to changes in frequencies; what it should really say is reduction in frequencies, because those are the facts.

Like a lot of people, I'm back to using the bus a lot more frequently now as my employer transitions away from working from home for at least part of the week. For the last few weeks rush hour 23s and 24s have been packed, and in many cases struggled to cope with passenger loads. Disappointing therefore to find that frequencies are being reduced again. If anything, I was thinking additional peak time journeys might be needed.

If it's down to driver shortages then I guess it can't be helped, but would be interesting to know if it was due to reduced patronage, driver shortages or both.

To be fair most routes that I see regularly seem to be doing quite well in terms of passenger numbers from what I've seen. I know what you mean though, it's rare these days for an X21 or X22 not to be packed at peak times.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Stu

Quote from: Westy on October 22, 2022, 08:40:52 AMThey're still in progress putting them on though.

Eg there's a link for the 41 change, but nothing for the 9 yet!

One mistake on there:
  • 3 | Birmingham - Yardley Wood (via Sparkbrook, Stoney Lane & Billesley - Monday to Friday timetable will be reduced to every 10-15 minutes and Saturday timetable will be reduced to every 15 minutes

Either that's the wrong 3, or its supposed to just read as returning to normal line of route in Digbeth, same as the 2. (3 is already every 20 minutes!)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

monkeyjoe

several mistakes on there after reading..

Quote from: MasterPlan on October 22, 2022, 08:51:48 AMMost of them are only by 1-3 mins though. Bit of a difference between that and sayba 20 min frequency becoming 30 mins or 30 becoming 60.

I am curious also to know the reasoning though.

To be fair most routes that I see regularly seem to be doing quite well in terms of passenger numbers from what I've seen. I know what you mean though, it's rare these days for an X21 or X22 not to be packed at peak times.
BC had another late night 94/95 missing last night, so could be they don't have enough drivers to even run the late night services i'm guessing. 21:50 to Birmingham, 22:30 to Chelmsley Wood. The late evenings have a PVR of 6 and they only seemed to have 5 vehicles on the road.
But if they're going to pull services it surely makes far more sense to reduce the timetable 97 service which runs every 15 minutes at that time than leave an hour gap in service on parts of the 94 & 95.

The 48 was in the TFWM document on services to be cut later in the year, so guessing that ones due to low usage.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

winston

Quote from: Mike K on October 22, 2022, 12:12:06 AMThe NXWM website refers to changes in frequencies; what it should really say is reduction in frequencies, because those are the facts.

Like a lot of people, I'm back to using the bus a lot more frequently now as my employer transitions away from working from home for at least part of the week. For the last few weeks rush hour 23s and 24s have been packed, and in many cases struggled to cope with passenger loads. Disappointing therefore to find that frequencies are being reduced again. If anything, I was thinking additional peak time journeys might be needed.

If it's down to driver shortages then I guess it can't be helped, but would be interesting to know if it was due to reduced patronage, driver shortages or both.
The frequency reductions are largely down to on-going driver shortages

mesub

QuoteThe frequency reductions are largely down to on-going driver shortages

That possibly means that there may be some increases in frequency later on?
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

winston

Quote from: mesub on October 22, 2022, 11:27:45 PMThat possibly means that there may be some increases in frequency later on?
I wouldn't hold your breathe, there's likely to be some more frequency reductions to follow the current list, prior to 01.01.23

BN

Not sure if it should.d be here or unusual workings but from this date WN59 is going converted Hybrids

WalsallBuses2007

QuoteNot sure if it should.d be here or unusual workings but from this date WN59 is going converted Hybrids
Are the hybrids still used on the 1 i presume there is enough hybrids to cover the 59 aswell then 

BNH2004

Quote from: WalsallBuses2007 on October 23, 2022, 12:06:08 PMAre the hybrids still used on the 1 i presume there is enough hybrids to cover the 59 aswell then
There's not enough hybrids at WN for every running board on the 1 and 59, as there are frequently Tridents, Eclipses and Platinums on the 1

Tony

QuoteThere's not enough hybrids at WN for every running board on the 1 and 59, as there are frequently Tridents, Eclipses and Platinums on the 1
There's plenty, how many buses do you think are on those two routes

Rachvince53

The new Walsall 9 timetable is available for download on the TfWM website. Search for the timetables for service 9 and then follow the links. 

don

Quote from: Tony on October 23, 2022, 01:43:23 PMThere's plenty, how many buses do you think are on those two routes

There are 30 (if all are in service) but they also use them on the 15, 16 and also in ones/twos on the 2. (Ps not wishing to be an armchair mod but would this conversation, from @BN 's post, be better in the Wolverhampton Garage thread - for anyone picking this change up later)? 
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

BN

Quote from: BNH2004 on October 23, 2022, 01:21:18 PMThere's not enough hybrids at WN for every running board on the 1 and 59, as there are frequently Tridents, Eclipses and Platinums on the 1
That's why I said converted hybrids on the 59

BN

Quote from: WalsallBuses2007 on October 23, 2022, 12:06:08 PMAre the hybrids still used on the 1 i presume there is enough hybrids to cover the 59 aswell then
No there isn't. The converted ones on the 59, leaves of hybrids plenty for the 1

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk